The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see us sign someone who can be talismanic at the back.

I see that Sölvi Ottesen who has gone on a free from FC Copenhagen.

Celtic and Birmingham were linked with him a few years back and he's a part of the improving Icelandic national team.

He'd do - and would give the fans a feeling that there might be a bit of ambition back at the club...

I'd love to see us sign someone who can be talismanic at the back.

I see that Sölvi Ottesen who has gone on a free from FC Copenhagen.

Celtic and Birmingham were linked with him a few years back and he's a part of the improving Icelandic national team.

He'd do - and would give the fans a feeling that there might be a bit of ambition back at the club...

But he's not British soooo....

Well no Elliott Ward - clearly 'not good enough' for the treehuggers and has gone dahn saaarf down south to Bournemouth.

Bugger. Wouldnt of minded him here.

Well no Elliott Ward - clearly 'not good enough' for the treehuggers and has gone dahn saaarf down south to Bournemouth.

Bugger. Wouldnt of minded him here.

He looked pretty good for F....... Them.

But he's not British soooo....

Not forgetting we already have an Albanian/Swiss CB who I think is nearly ready to step up.

To get much better, we'd have to demonstrate a step-change in ambition. If we're going to do that, I'd love us to for Douglas from Twente, who's available on a free.

Not forgetting we already have an Albanian/Swiss CB who I think is nearly ready to step up.

To get much better, we'd have to demonstrate a step-change in ambition. If we're going to do that, I'd love us to for Douglas from Twente, who's available on a free.

We have one foreign CB then, not really spectacular and he speaks fluent english.

Douglas nearly went to Newcastle for 4 million and Liverpool were after him, he won the Eredvise. I think thats a little too ambitious even if he is on a free.

Oh yeah, that Douglas... who's been called up for Holland.

What planet do you think we are on where we could compete for a player like that?

Kilgallons wages would be huge, a lot of teams in for him as well.

I'd rather sign no one, and with the money give Brayford whatever he wants..

Really he hasn't played that many games over the last few years. Who are all these teams who want him?

Kilgallon is an achievable target - but a massive gamble.

I have no idea what he has been like recently for Sunderland, but, he didn't do too much better than 'okay' when he was loaned to Doncaster.

He is also injury prone is he not? I can't see him signing. 

Archived