The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ebanks-Blake: got an horrible injury(currently, not injury prone however), but he has been at worst okay at this level.

10 in 41 in 2006-07

23 in 45 in 2007-08
25 in 41 in 2008-09
14 in 40 in 2012-13

(don't know how many of them were sub appearances too)

Danny Haynes: Injury prone, but no doubt talented boy - Charlton fans rave about him.

Stephen Hunt: haven't seen him play in ages, used to be good - not sure.

Simeon Jackson: has goals at this level, still question marks over ability.

Nicky Shorey: He could be a good signing, fairly sure we'd be able to sign him - experienced, good solid player

Gary Taylor-Fletcher: I like him, think he is a good player - getting on a bit now though, must be said.

Jerome Thomas: Would be a good signing, and leeds fans raved about his short spell - but left midfield is where we don't need to improve. unless Ward is prominently be used as a striker.

I think there is a few being missed out, personally think Stephen Crainey would be good, as would Elliot Ward and a few others not mentioned.

Personally if we signed Nicky Shorey, Danny Haynes, Jerome Thomas and Ebanks-Blake. I would not at all be disappointed.

Ebanks-Blake has been one of my favourite strikers for quality at this level for years, I'd love him here, though with his wages I can't see it happening. 

I can see him ending up at Ipswich with McCarthy again.

True story, Carlisle received their last payment from Derby for Delap in 2009, 11 years after his transfer!

Nice guy, served us well but don't think he is good enough anyone, will probably move to SPL, L1 or L2.

Both his lads are in the academy. Good player in his day, even if mad Jim Smith vetoed him using his long throw, but probably not what we're after now.

Ebanks-Blake has been one of my favourite strikers for quality at this level for years, I'd love him here, though with his wages I can't see it happening.

I can see him ending up at Ipswich with McCarthy again.

Have to admit that he would top my list if I was current Derby manager, he's got the record, he's got the experience and still think he's got the quality.

I'd have him over any of our current known our rumoured striker targets.

Hitting peak age is a negative!?

Granted, I didn't check his injury status thoroughly enough though. A gamble someone could benefit heavily from making still.

I remember when we signed Hulse, he'd had a leg break and hadn't scored for around 30 games or something like that before joining us, was around peak age himself and scored a good amount for us.

And I'd say Blake was more than just decent at this level.

Personally if we signed Nicky Shorey, Danny Haynes, Jerome Thomas and Ebanks-Blake. I would not at all be disappointed.

I agree with that. Would solve the left back problem with PL quality, bring a pacey option on the wing, add two genuine finishers and bring in experience. I must admit I didn't know Ebanks-Blake was injured though.

Ebanks blake looked out of shape last season.

He has never looked the slimmest but I agree he does look more like a boxer than a footballer on occasions.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/story-19044100-detail/story.html?#axzz2TyUC0EVy

Steve Bruce letting go of a few potential gems, maybe.

I like Cameron Stewart, definitely has ability, has ripped us to shreds in the past - wouldn't mind him here! 

The only league goal he has scored was against us, could it be that we saw one of his better games?  Cribbins obviously didn't fancy him at Hull.

Back on blake for a second, whatever his fitness levels last season, he still scored 14 league goals for a relegated team and has an overall a record of 72 goals in 167 Championship appearances.

Not that it matters because we won't be signing him, so I don't know why I even bothered to get involved in this conversation.

The only league goal he has scored was against us, could it be that we saw one of his better games?  Cribbins obviously didn't fancy him at Hull.

He was absolutely class that game mind, I would give him a trial - or a 2 year deal with an extra option.

I always said that players who show ability are worth a look, I think we need to play it smart and take gambles - who knows, it could pay off it might not but we have seen that pissed all over Brayford that game.

Archived