Our Fans

TomCumming

My greatest memory of that era was going to white hart lane and ted mcminn and dean saunders ripping the not so mighty spurs apart. Then getting showered with fireworks after the match.

i totally forgot about them fireworks being thrown down off the block of flats, but it was a great win. I can see myself on the goal highlights in the crowd! Good times.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didnt realise Wigan sung 'Im A Believer', looks like the teams at the DW come out to that tune, good effort.

If feckin Wigan can get an original tune going, it's quite shameful that we cant.

Absolutely. I don't think fans seem to care enough about it. Wigan know they're small so probably have to make more of an effort to have an identity.

What exactly is our identity? What makes Derby different from anything else? Right now, absolutely nothing. We play in a stadium that looks exactly like half the league's stadiums, when we're in the mood to actually support the team it's someone else's songs and the only time we ever mention the place we're actually from, it's to tell the away fans "we're glad we're at home" because their city is worse than ours.

The Dambusters theme tune was good because that was something actually related to the club because of the Rolls Royce engines, but even that's too much to ask for now and we have to come out to some ridiculous tune that's supposed to pump up the 12 year olds who have been dragged to some dull, modern football stadium by their dad to watch us draw 0-0 with Wolves in silence.

That's not a dig at Nick, far from it, at least he's doing something about it and in a way, he's one of very few fans with a right to complain - I certainly don't have that right (but I will any way) and I guess I'm therefore part of the problem. It's just incredibly fustrating to watch us slowly turn into a nothing club, almost willingly so, and only a handful of people are actually doing anything about it.

Thought the atmosphere was quite good tonight and has been and most of the night games this season. I'm pretty confident the south stand will make a difference next season.

Totally agree about the lack of identity though. Only song I can think of that really is our own is we are derby, super derby. Making songs and them catching on is difficult though.

The club really lacks a feel good factor. Although I personally thing the club are doing things right and were going the right way the truth is its been 10 years in the championship and one miserable one in the prem and people are seriously losing patience. Clough, sammon and others are feeling the wrath of our fans frustration.

A serious promotion push and some exciting signings in the summer are what we really need or I'm worried were going to see a a declining angry fan base further still.

I hate the majority of our fans. Or should I say the ones that you hear during the game. The "we pay your wages, play 442"

The "we deserve better" sort. The arrogant "we should be beating Huddersfield" sort.

Stick to Sky Sports and Man City v Chelsea. Please.

Nobody gets more p1ssed off with Sammon than me. Surely not? But how come I can keep my mouth shut for the good of his confidence?

I'm not saying there's a right way of supporting a team. I'm just saying that I don't like these people.

I hate Pride Park.

Some of our fans are absolute cretins.

Last night, when Keogh chose to retain possession by passing the ball sideways and back as opposed to just hoofing it in the general direction of the hapless guppy, there were loud boos to be heard emanating from all around the ground.

Didnt realise Wigan sung 'Im A Believer', looks like the teams at the DW come out to that tune, good effort.

If feckin Wigan can get an original tune going, it's quite shameful that we cant.

Black and White by Static X.

Some of our fans are absolute cretins.

Last night, when Keogh chose to retain possession by passing the ball sideways and back as opposed to just hoofing it in the general direction of the hapless guppy, there were loud boos to be heard emanating from all around the ground.

Exactly!

I don't like hoof ball. All I want is free flowing attacking football where every pass is a Xavi-esque defence splitter. I don't want much.

Bloody Derby. Retaining possession and looking to build again. I pay my season ticket money! I make the demands!! Passing backwards!! Man City don't do that! Why should we?

I hate Pride Park

Question.

Why can't home fans sit behind the south goal on games like on Tuesday?

There still would have been loads of space from the away fans?

I'm not sure the club are that smart?

Who would have paid £11 for a cheap seat behind the goal? Quite a few I bet.

Opportunity missed if you ask me, but you don't have to, because I've just told you.

Question.

Opportunity missed if you ask me, but you don't have to, because I've just told you.

That's not funny. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />[size=4] [/size]

Question.

Good point.

I was surprised so many fans went on Tuesday.

Over 22,000 when we thought we wouldn't make 20k.

Shows Derby still have a fanbase lots of clubs would die for.

Archived