Hull City v Derby County

Hucknall Ram

I agree..

That's why no-one can blame BD for our season in the PL.. He had the lowest budget in the division and only had little cash to play with in comparison to the rest..

It was all the boards fault

Can't blame BD ? Are you sure ?

He signed Claude Davis, one of the worst centre backs i have ever seen for 3 MILLION POUNDS!!!!

He signed players like Zadkovich to play in the Premier League, who i doubt he even scouted and hardly played because of how **** he was.

..And to top it off, 30 year old, League 1, Eddie f*ckin Lewis who did nothing apart from score an own goal.

He panicked and got anyone he could and wasted millions on players who made Derby County an embarrasment. And that Fat sweaty star who took over after was just as useless.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't blame BD ? Are you sure ?

He signed Claude Davis, one of the worst centre backs i have ever seen for 3 MILLION POUNDS!!!!

He signed players like Zadkovich to play in the Premier League, who i doubt he even scouted and hardly played because of how **** he was.

..And to top it off, 30 year old, League 1, Eddie f*ckin Lewis who did nothing apart from score an own goal.

He panicked and got anyone he could and wasted millions on players who made Derby County an embarrasment. And that Fat sweaty star who took over after was just as useless.

I think the common phrase was 'you pay with peanuts and you get monkies'

BD spent in total around $15mill... Around the third of what Sunderland spent..

BD spending $15mill and Sundrland $45mill is similar to Clough spending $1.5mill and Hull spending $4.5mill... Of that $15mill BD wasted a chunk on Claude Davis, no different to Clough wasting $300k on the likes of Porter or Maguire

If Clough is blameless for our predicament then so was BD... They both had to compete with clubs with higher wages and both had to buy from the lower leagues to compete.. BD found some decent buys, as had NC.. And both have found some duds..

It's all the boards fault.

I'd like to see Hoganson given a run at left back, I accept the previous comments on his lack of experience but the same could be said of any young player coming into the team, how much experience did Hughes, Hendrick and OB have prior to selection, we have to accept that some will be a success and some such as Callum Ball not quite so just yet if at all, but in our position I'd sooner see a guy we have on the books given a chance.

I'm not a Roberts fan and we will all have views on players that differ, he is steady but I feel limited and if we can't defend crosses then stop them coming in... and he can't do that very well it seems

HCFC are in an automatic promotion place and we are disappointed that we lost to them away tonight, Clough is building steadily for the future at a sustainable rate, not popular with all but a sound base to add to

COYR

Cant explain to you how bored i am of these results. I come on here every week to see what the other fans think and its just same ol, same ol. I predicted where we would finish at the start of the season based on the players we bought in... and my conclusion is that i was right all along, we are a mid table team untill the board pulls there fingers out and finds investment. So i would'nt get your hopes up too much people, Get used to where we are untill something changes because thats how its guna be.

BOOOOOO

I thought Derby played quite well and perhaps would have benefitted from a bit more self belief. Your lads pressed the ball and played some good football (on a less than ideal) surface. I was surprised (and pleased) that after equalising, your side seemed to be satisfied with that and reverted to the more cautious approach of the first half, when I think you had the momentum and looked the more likely side to win at that stage.

Are any if you lot posting part of those idiots who started doing a conga or whatever it was you attempted at 1-0 down, then singing "same old derby, taking the piss"? Because it amazed me why you would want to do that at a game like last nights whilst losing.. Singing that sum's up the club atm, nothing worth turning up for and shouting about so you did a pointless thing to entertain yourself's, fair play but it was idiotic.

Other than that rant we played alright, unlucky to lose and definitely not good enough to win! Thought first half clough put a good game plan out to stop hull, shame it only lasted 1 minute into the second half!

I think Clough needs to realise that your squad, with an average height of around 8 inches, is not suited to the long-ball game.

Sammon looked crud in the 1st half, and then started to cause us some problems before being inexplicably subbed.

I thought the ref had a feckin' 'mare too.

I thought Derby played quite well and perhaps would have benefitted from a bit more self belief. Your lads pressed the ball and played some good football (on a less than ideal) surface. I was surprised (and pleased) that after equalising, your side seemed to be satisfied with that and reverted to the more cautious approach of the first half, when I think you had the momentum and looked the more likely side to win at that stage.

Any chance of you e-mailing Nigel Clough for us?!

Archived