Hull City v Derby County

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's fair to say that we've improved in the last two away games. We've scored 3 goals, but maybe that's just because Ward's back. But I've now accepted, that even though we can play good football and get good results, there is a definite limit to the squad, and Nigel's ability to get it right. Maybe it'll take us a couple of years to get promoted, but I hope that by the time we are promoted, Nigel has learned an awful lot, otherwise it'll be a complete waste of time.

Away performances have been better than last season, i.e. haven't been outplayed that often and we've been more than a match in most games but still can't get the points.

If we can figure out how to pick up points away we'll be in the top 6, until that point, we'll hover around midtable.

Anyone have some stats about where we concede our goals from away from home? I assume it's down our left but I also assumed we were poor at conceding corners and apparently we're not!

Played well for the most part of the game, defending lets us down again though.

Brayford was outstanding, my MOTM.

The rest of our defence need to get their finger out. Roberts exposed again, need to breed a new Lb in for next year.

Bryson massively wasted out wide. Drop Hendrick or Hughes for him, we're so static and lethargic with those 2 in there.

Ward our only outlet in open play, Sammon was poor again - should have scored.

Time wasting, we always do this yet end up falling behind then have to rush. Sick of this shitty tactic.

I'd like to see a striker come in on loan and freshen things up, Theo doesn't look interested.

Agree with most comments mr tibbs has said above except I don't think we played well generally. Apart from a 20 minute spell in the second half which we bossed, we were poor.

Everyone waiting for someone else to do something. Coutts may as well have stayed on the bus.

Ward played well, Bray was good although be interesting to see if he should have picked up their guy.

Hull were there for the taking, but we didn't want it.

A typical away Derby performance.

I'm amazed at how much, and how quickly people have turned against Roberts on this one. Yes we need a new leftback, but he's gone from cult hero Mr. Dependable to being subject to torches and pitchforks! Yes I didn't watch the game, but listened to every minute - bemused that he was tackled and then sent off, will be very eager for the replay on that one.

At the end of the day, we can't defend balls coming in to the box. I don't know why I'm surprised, look at the reverse fixture just before Christmas and it was exactly the same.

I'm amazed at how much, and how quickly people have turned against Roberts on this one. Yes we need a new leftback, but he's gone from cult hero Mr. Dependable to being subject to torches and pitchforks! Yes I didn't watch the game, but listened to every minute - bemused that he was tackled and then sent off, will be very eager for the replay on that one.

At the end of the day, we can't defend balls coming in to the box. I don't know why I'm surprised, look at the reverse fixture just before Christmas and it was exactly the same.

Personally, I've been against Robert's presence in the team for the best part of this season and today just backs it up. Otherwise, on Roberts' tackle, Clough said he isn't going to argue the red card, so it couldn't have been that wrong?

Personally, I've been against Robert's presence in the team for the best part of this season and today just backs it up. Otherwise, on Roberts' tackle, Clough said he isn't going to argue the red card, so it couldn't have been that wrong?

Like I said, only listened to the commentary - but if Clough has said that then it won't be up for discussion. I think we'd be worse off without Roberts if his replacement is only Hoganson/Freeman. Little experience for both that position and to contribute to the team, which as everyone says we have and are sorely missing.

Like I said, only listened to the commentary - but if Clough has said that then it won't be up for discussion. I think we'd be worse off without Roberts if his replacement is only Hoganson/Freeman. Little experience for both that position and to contribute to the team, which as everyone says we have and are sorely missing.

Yes, I agree, but with the loan window open for the best part of the season, and the Jan transfer window having been and gone, I just can't understand why Roberts is not just first choice LB...but only choice LB! It's surely obvious what positions need to be improved to go forward.

Archived