Credit goes to Clough

mcsilks

For bringing in Keogh and Sammon and developing Hendrick.

All three players made the considerable step up to International football and none looked out of place.

Sammon is beginning to look like the 1.2M forward we bought. Well done Clough for seeing the potential.

Keough has done very well at club level and deserves his international call up. The Irish management clearly think he has developed playing under Clough by capping him internationally.

How many other managers would have thrust Hendrick into a key starting role at club level so early in his career. I said in another thread that he was worth 3M and that was laughed off. I will stick to my valuation.

Have these players done enough to warrant another call up? I certainly think so and the proof will be in the next squad announcement. Ireland have a WCQ next month. That will tell us a lot.

Well done Clough for bringing these players to the club. It's great to have a bit of long overdue International recognition.

The good times are coming to Pride Park.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree good post buddy...

I think they're slightly better than the last international lot we had.. Teale, McEverly, Miller and Pearson

Am not sure Sammon is quite up there with Miller but Keogh is way in advance of McEverly defensively and Hendrick certainly has the potential to be twice the midfielder Pearson is.

When did Gary Teale ever have a "purple patch" at Pride Park? I must of been asleep for a few years! Anway back on topic.

Personally, I am not a massive Nigel Clough fan but do have to agree with mcsilks that he has do deserve credit. He has had to work on shoestring and create a complete new squad out of it. The new talent coming through has some gems so well done. Can he take us any further with or without investment? Who knows, but imo No I dont think he can.

When did Gary Teale ever have a "purple patch" at Pride Park? I must of been asleep for a few years! Anway back on topic.

Personally, I am not a massive Nigel Clough fan but do have to agree with mcsilks that he has do deserve credit. He has had to work on shoestring and create a complete new squad out of it. The new talent coming through has some gems so well done. Can he take us any further with or without investment? Who knows, but imo No I dont think he can.

Just for balance. I agree with you that he's done very well so far - and I think he would do even better with investment.

For bringing in Keogh and Sammon and developing Hendrick.

All three players made the considerable step up to International football and none looked out of place.

Sammon is beginning to look like the 1.2M forward we bought. Well done Clough for seeing the potential.

Keough has done very well at club level and deserves his international call up. The Irish management clearly think he has developed playing under Clough by capping him internationally.

How many other managers would have thrust Hendrick into a key starting role at club level so early in his career. I said in another thread that he was worth 3M and that was laughed off. I will stick to my valuation.

Have these players done enough to warrant another call up? I certainly think so and the proof will be in the next squad announcement. Ireland have a WCQ next month. That will tell us a lot.

Well done Clough for bringing these players to the club. It's great to have a bit of long overdue International recognition.

The good times are coming to Pride Park.

Good points MS....... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> given the razor brigade something to think about??

Don't you remember the chant, "He use to be sh!te, but now he is alright"

I do remember that song, but I can honestly say I never sang it. Just for the record I never booed him either like a lot of people. As for short memories mcsilks I genuinely didn't rate him. Thats my opinion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/7878733.stm

Gary Teale's purple patch.

Gary Teale, during his purple patch, was untouchable imo. Still, I think Hendrick is much better.

The form that Teale showed under Clough was incredible, at least from where he was. From complete deadweight to being one of the leading assist makers in the division. Of course, such things are never brought up when discussing Clough's time here.

We all dream of a team of Gary Teale's...

He did have a good spell for us. The one game that stands out for me was Plymouth Argyle away, won 3-1 I think. He was outstanding, scored a screamer and had parts in the Hulse double if I remember rightly.

Archived