Credit goes to Clough

mcsilks

I would definitely say that Clough deserves credit for the progression of Hendrick, Hughes and our other young players that are now making their mark on the international stage. He was brave enough to throw them into the deep waters of first-team football to begin with.

But I think the fact that Trappatoni is giving opportunities to the likes of Sammon and Keogh is probably a reflection of the diminishing talent pool in Ireland than Clough's managerial skills, to be perfectly honest.

Neither player has had a particularly impressive season so far. Sammon is as inconsistent as can be and Keogh has been thoroughly solid but not spectacular, which is what usually warrants international recognition.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Teale was always everyones hate figure the lad couldnt do anything right with some of our "fans" dispite him consistently being up there for assists and scoring some vital goals.

Gary Teale was a hate figure because a lot of Derby fans need one.

A lot of Derby fans have the intelligence of a yogurt.

Tealinho 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />.

Wouldn't say Sammon is up there to be honest. He had a great game against Huddersfield and did the best he could in a game where the ball spent most of its time in the other half of the pitch against Poland the other night. Remember the games before that? I like the bloke and desperately want him to succeed at Derby, I'm just not sure it'll ever quite come off.

Hendrick and Keogh, on the other hand... both currently seem to be in the form of their lives and will hopefully only get better in time, although I'd expect Keogh is just about coming towards his peak.

Tealinho 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />.

Wouldn't say Sammon is up there to be honest. He had a great game against Huddersfield and did the best he could in a game where the ball spent most of its time in the other half of the pitch against Poland the other night. Remember the games before that? I like the bloke and desperately want him to succeed at Derby, I'm just not sure it'll ever quite come off.

Hendrick and Keogh, on the other hand... both currently seem to be in the form of their lives and will hopefully only get better in time, although I'd expect Keogh is just about coming towards his peak.

Both Sammon and Keogh would benefit from consistently playing alongside a decent partner. On their own they're not world beaters but lined up with the right partners they could be two very good Championship players...

But I think the fact that Trappatoni is giving opportunities to the likes of Sammon and Keogh is probably a reflection of the diminishing talent pool in Ireland than Clough's managerial skills, to be perfectly honest.

Keogh is quality. Definitely on a par if not better than Kieran Clark. Everyone will probably disagree but I really rate Keogh as one of the best CB's in the league.

Sammon got a full 90 for Ireland in a squad containing Long, Walters and Cox. You can hardly say they have no talent, most would agree that those three would walk in to a Derby team.

Cox is a foul footballer - the other two yes, but Simon Cox has a good shot on him, other than that he losses the ball, and looks slow and overweight.

WBA were laughing when Forest took him, and now he offers nothing apart from a goal every 5/6 games - saying that all his goals came early on in the season, don't think he has scored for a few months now.

Archived