Still on for that 9 points out of possible 12 that we need

ChaddesdenRam

Rather read threads like this than the doom and gloom tripe that's been spouted this last week.

I don't think we'll get in the play offs come May but we're not a million miles away, still plenty to play for. Keep the faith (and positivity, such a nice change).

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no law that says 6th spot requires a certain amount of points. It's all ifs and buts, but if boro's dip carries on another few weeks, and if everyone keeps taking points off each other, current totals would suggest <70 points gets 6th spot. On that basis any one of 10 clubs could nick 6th. Odds against for all of us.

I'll say one thing, there's no-one in the division outside Cardiff, Leicester and Hull one iota better than us.

I wouldn't even say Hull are better than us, they're just a very organised team waiting to be found out in the Prem, a la every Billy Davies side.

well i know i keep changeing my mind on things but today showed the old derby county was back today, i think if nigal clough could find a little gem in the loan market, i think we need another striker maybe a centre back, and two midfielders but one who can play outwide or centre i would like that matt smith i throught he looks a great little player. and them maybe a older head in centrel midfield of which will huges could learn and also jeff hendrik as well

well i know i keep changeing my mind on things but today showed the old derby county was back today, i think if nigal clough could find a little gem in the loan market, i think we need another striker maybe a centre back, and two midfielders but one who can play outwide or centre i would like that matt smith i throught he looks a great little player. and them maybe a older head in centrel midfield of which will huges could learn and also jeff hendrik as well

[size=6]zzzzzz[size=5]zzz[size=4]zzzzzzzz[size=3]zzzzzz[size=2]zzzzzzzzz[size=1]zzzzzzzz[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Tbh I don't think there's a player we could afford that could teach Will Hughes anything.

For 3/4 years we've needed some composure. Somebody to slow things down or pick a pass in a tight situation. You usually associate that with an experienced player. Somebody who has played too much football to panic.

Hughes is rare. He's our calming force. All we need in the middle of the park imo is a bit more adventure from the lads that are there and some depth for the wide right area. It's not a position we should waste our precious money on. Not if we have Hughes.

CB areas need to tighten up. We've conceded some silly goals where minimum movement has created too much space.

And we need to have more firepower from somewhere. Create more and have more prescience with 25yrds of goal.

Not much wrong with us. Hasn't been all season. It's just about good habits and decision making. Ingredients ain't too bad

Tbh I don't think there's a player we could afford that could teach Will Hughes anything.

For 3/4 years we've needed some composure. Somebody to slow things down or pick a pass in a tight situation. You usually associate that with an experienced player. Somebody who has played too much football to panic.

Hughes is rare. He's our calming force. All we need in the middle of the park imo is a bit more adventure from the lads that are there and some depth for the wide right area. It's not a position we should waste our precious money on. Not if we have Hughes.

CB areas need to tighten up. We've conceded some silly goals where minimum movement has created too much space.

And we need to have more firepower from somewhere. Create more and have more prescience with 25yrds of goal.

Not much wrong with us. Hasn't been all season. It's just about good habits and decision making. Ingredients ain't too bad

"Prescience with 25yrds of goal"

Wtf?

Presence within!

Geez

i just feel we could sometime need a bit of steel in centrel midfield spacail when teams are trying to take out will huges, or give us that opapion to rest him because these last couple of weeks he has look a bit tired. but on the whole we looking a very good team. but also feel we need someone who can do a something a little bit different when teams have sussed us out.

I see your point fella.

Hughes has looked like he's lost some shine recently. But it's about other players stepping up. Hendrick has tried but Bryson has been unfit, Coutts has also perhaps been making poorer decisions more frequently...... That's too many players out of form.

Bryson fit

Hendrick maintaining his form

Coutts making better decisions

Hughes being sharper and advancing more.

Easy fixes.

I know there are midfielders within our range that could improve us. But we don't have the cash and these lads could get us top 6 anyway if we can get them making better decisions.

Often a team sneaks a top six spot by having a late surge. We look as capable as anyone around us, and no-one is yet hitting that stride from mid-table. However, the top six have been there for a while, it wouldn't surprise me if the same teams that are there now remain, though not necessarily in the same order.

well nigal clough have said he has two loans lined up but has said he would like upto 3 to 4 loans, i am guessing all leading upto a permeant deal i just think maybe one or two from a lower league and a couple from premership sides who can not get into there own team.

It's just turned Sunday morning. You know what that means?

Only 40mins to go to see our 30 second highlights. Coffee?

15 minutes in, and no sign.....white, no sugar.

Archived