Still on for that 9 points out of possible 12 that we need

ChaddesdenRam

2 wins out of shef wed, Wolves and Bolton. We will still be in with a shout. Keep the faith.

Great performance today. Hughes changed back to his white boots instead of those awful orange ones, must be lucky boots. Ward didnt drift from Sammon, Roberts had more attacking emphasis. Keogh was man of the match easily quality at the back, great ball playing cb and a goal.

Good bye 451 hopefully.

Also coutts was better today, for those who did not know every assist coutts' has had this season was along the floor until today.

Finally Sammon, exactly what he is supposed to do, was excellent.

But Huddersfield were poor need a big performance at Sheffield Wednesday no complacency.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 wins out of shef wed, Wolves and Bolton. We will still be in with a shout. Keep the faith.

Great performance today. Hughes changed back to his white boots instead of those awful orange ones, must be lucky boots. Ward didnt drift from Sammon, Roberts had more attacking emphasis. Keogh was man of the match easily quality at the back, great ball playing cb and a goal.

Good bye 451 hopefully.

Also coutts was better today, for those who did not know every assist coutts' has had this season was along the floor until today.

Finally Sammon, exactly what he is supposed to do, was excellent.

But Huddersfield were poor need a big performance at Sheffield Wednesday no complacency.

Great response today although from the sound of it Huddersfield made it easy..

Not going to get promotion this season but a good last 3rd would be nice for confidence and for the fansat least..

Would quite like Clough to get a decent amount of money for transfers in the summer. If he doesn't make th eplayoffs then think about changing him.. I'm not anti Clough btw I would like him to have a chance to see if we can go anywhere and then if it is still mid table obscurity think about changing it up.

Opinion seems mainly divided into the clough out party and the clough is doing a good job considering our financial situation party.. I'm more in the middle ground so want him to have a proper crack at it to see which it is...

You've missed out Hull away.. Let's imagine we pull off a great result and beat them claiming 9 points from the next 4.

3 wins out of the next 4 games would leave us with 50 points from 33 games..

We'd then need another 24 points from 13 games (still automatic promotion form) to reach the average number required for the playoffs (74)

And of the remaining 13 games only 6 are at home and 7 away... Of the 13 games we'd need a record of W7 D3 L3 to make the 74..

We still have little chance of making the playoffs even if we do happen to win 3 out of the next 4.. Should we get less than 7 points from the next 4 we'd need roughly 27 from 13 and a record of W8 D3 L2 which is clearly beyond us..

Sorry to put a damper on things but a comfortable win over Huddlesfield was pretty much expected and did little to change the overall outlook on things..

You've missed out Hull away.. Let's imagine we pull off a great result and beat them claiming 9 points from the next 4.

We'd then need another 24 points from 13 games (still automatic promotion form) to reach the average number required for the playoffs (74)

And of the remaining 13 games only 6 are at home and 7 away... Of the 13 games we'd need a record of W7 D3 L3 to make the 74..

We still have little chance of making the playoffs even if we do happen to win 3 out of the next 4.. Should we get less than 7 points from the next 4 we'd need roughly 27 from 13 and a record of W8 D3 L2 which is clearly beyond us..

Sorry to put a damper on things but a comfortable win over Huddlesfield was pretty much expected and did little to change the overall outlook on things..

sorry i forgot we won lets going back to being mardy about and see what faults we can pick for the game

What we need to do is 6 points better than Middlesborough, who have lost the last 4, and stick clear of the pack around us.

Not out of the question on paper. On the pitch, would require us to grow some away form. Hmm.

sorry i forgot we won lets going back to being mardy about and see what faults we can pick for the game

I didn't watch the game so I can't possibly comment..

I was just saying that beating Huddersfield has no impact on the overall predicted outcome as it was marked down as a victory anyway... Had we lost it would have been mayhem on here as we'd have been about 15th going into two away games...

If we win the next 5 on the trot I might start believing we have a chance.. Until then, I say it's game over now but less than 7 points from the next 4 and it really is goodnight Irene

What we need to do is 6 points better than Middlesborough, who have lost the last 4, and stick clear of the pack around us.

Not out of the question on paper. On the pitch, would require us to grow some away form. Hmm.

As mentioned before.. We can do this with only 5 games remaining or something but you know that one or two teams will fly out the pack and put a run together...

Middlesbrough still need to go on good form to make the playoffs.. They have 47 points from 30.. They need another 27 from 16, a run of W7 D6 L3 or W8 D3 L5 which is still playoff form..

It's all well and good catching 6th place but any team doing so has to maintain playoff form to make it..

I thought that the only way we could squeeze into the playoff spots would be to have one of those BD-type 6 wins in 6 games sequences. It's possible, but on the face of it and going by the 'norm' of 72-74 points needed to secure a playoff spot, it's very, very unlikely. However, with it being a very open Championship this year, many of the top clubs have come unstuck unexpectedly, and amazingly enough, two wins could well put us in 7th place.

The fact that we would need to get maximum points from Sheffield Wednesday and Hull don't exactly fill me with confidence, but trips to Hillsborough have by and large been happy ones in recent years (having gone 60 years without a win there, we have developed an 'evil eye' over them of late. Hull is a much tougher nut to crack. I remember fruitless trips up to Boothferry Park in the 1960's.

Hull is a much tougher nut to crack. I remember fruitless trips up to Boothferry Park in the 1960's.

Some forward line they had in those days,Eddie!

There's no law that says 6th spot requires a certain amount of points. It's all ifs and buts, but if boro's dip carries on another few weeks, and if everyone keeps taking points off each other, current totals would suggest <70 points gets 6th spot. On that basis any one of 10 clubs could nick 6th. Odds against for all of us.

I'll say one thing, there's no-one in the division outside Cardiff, Leicester and Hull one iota better than us.

I think the problem with this is your looking for the average to get into the play offs. Were hoping to scrape 6th and to do that we wouldnt necessarily need to get the average. From the table at the moment the top 5 are breaking away and the 6th place is up for grabs. I'd imagine whoever finishes 6th will finish on less than 70.

well today gave me a great lift after last couple of weeks or so, i felt so happy that we actully manage to win but even if we don't manage all 9 points if we get like 7 out of nine that will lift us literual one place behind the play offs. but there is one man that deseveres a brace that is jamie ward he looked sharp he scored a great goal and i think he is also our set peace person as well, he nearly scored from direct and he also created keogh as well.

Archived