Falling Attendances

Rich3478

Personally I feel there Is a lot more Derby could be doing regarding falling attendances.

Firstly get rid of the £1 per ticket booking fee, it just annoys people without much benefit!

Secondly there are no packages to be tickets for the rest of the season?

There seem to be no incentives to buy tickets for more than one game? 4 for 3 etc.

£34 for the Leicester game which is on tv is ridiculous, no one in their right Ming would pay that! Similar to the Birmingham game earlier in the season

Obviously season ticket holders should not be out of pocket etc, but I'm sure there is more that could be done currently! Work out the average cost per game of a season ticket, then make sure the price doesn't come under that?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously the four or so seasons finishing mid table at best in the championship won't be helping matters. Nor will the current economic climate. However this season in the main has been the most encouraging by some distance. Good, young, hungry British players putting a shift in each week is a massive plus for me. Starting to be noticed by others also, transfer speculation, international call ups etc.

If ever there is a chance to address the slide it is now

Obviously season ticket holders should not be out of pocket etc, but I'm sure there is more that could be done currently! Work out the average cost per game of a season ticket, then make sure the price doesn't come under that?

My season ticket cost me £400, however that doesn't mean that it's £17.39 per game, All games are spit up into categories, Forest, Leeds etc are valued higher than say Barnsley

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j191/tippy1884/4c88a227

If you add all those prices up it will be £400, so basically for Forest, DCFC promised that someone in the same age group and seat category can't buy a ticket for less than £18, and for Barnsley they can't get a ticket less than £7

Obviously the four or so seasons finishing mid table at best in the championship won't be helping matters. Nor will the current economic climate. However this season in the main has been the most encouraging by some distance. Good, young, hungry British players putting a shift in each week is a massive plus for me. Starting to be noticed by others also, transfer speculation, international call ups etc.

If ever there is a chance to address the slide it is now

doesn't matter IMO - it has been good from my point of view, but, nothing in football as unispiring as having little/no room for movement in the transfer market.

We're in january and we're more worried about players leaving than players coming in - that mind set puts people off IMO.

Personally I feel there Is a lot more Derby could be doing regarding falling attendances.

Firstly get rid of the £1 per ticket booking fee, it just annoys people without much benefit!

Secondly there are no packages to be tickets for the rest of the season?

There seem to be no incentives to buy tickets for more than one game? 4 for 3 etc.

£34 for the Leicester game which is on tv is ridiculous, no one in their right Ming would pay that! Similar to the Birmingham game earlier in the season

Why get rid of the booking fee? DCFC have to employ someone to sit their taking the bookings so it makes sense to try and cover that cost. I'm not aware of many places you can buy tickets via telephone/internet where a booking fee is not charged. Alternatively go to the ground and buy the ticket if £1 booking charge is too much.

Agree with you regarding the match packages, however, most people are only interested in them to get hold of Forest or Leeds tickets, There will not be queues forming for a 4 match package of Palace/Wolves/Bolton etc etcF

Fully agree with the price of the Leicester game. It would be £10 too high even if it wasn't on Sky. The fact that it is on tv makes it about £20 overpriced.

Don't forget this is the first season with the new system in place, will we start to see a more logical pricing strategy from next season when the data from all of this seasons games has been collected? I doubt it, but lets give it a chance first. I am sure Sam Rush will be well aware of the discontent amongst the stay away fans regarding ticket prices.

I agree, the last few seasons have been drab mostly. However some of the younger players feel like new signings and the bargain lower league players we seem to buy generally turn out to be good investments.

Just wish for a signing to get excited about! If the likes of Hughes, Hendrick, Brayford, Bryson are sold in the next 12 months then I can see no way out of the division other than relegation. Thus the attendances continue to drop.

Football and sport in general are forms of entertainment and should represent value for money. It is quite rare for football to seem that way lately.

Very professional having Burnley in two categories. Bit sloppy dont you think.

Anyway I dont know why we are all so caught up in the fact that attendances are dropping. Maybe the club could do more to get attendances higher but as soon as we get into the premier league every game will be a sell out.

I do understand that the lower attendances are reducing the chances of promotion as tickets account for a very large proportion of revenue but what can you do at the end of the day. The position in the English footballing ladder suggests our attendances are higher than they should be. its just because we are used to seeing 30,000 plus in the championship that we feel the attendances are poor. Aren't we second highest in the league.

they do that, it's called a season ticket ;-) lol

Just putting ideas out there, someone mentioned earlier no will buy packages for Huddersfield, wolves, Bolton and palace ( our next four home games). Of course people would buy packages for these, they just need to be priced accordingly? £60 for the four?

Just think our marketing should constantly be looking at addressing this issue, buy Leicester ticket get Bristol afterwards half price? The options are endless

If your happy with our attendances and our position in the footballing ladder then you strike me as a very unambiguous fan. Surely we all regard derby as one of the top 20 clubs in England? Quite comfortably in my opinion
I don't, we regard the 20 premiership clubs as the top 20 clubs in England

If your happy with our attendances and our position in the footballing ladder then you strike me as a very unambiguous fan. Surely we all regard derby as one of the top 20 clubs in England? Quite comfortably in my opinion

Who said i was happy with our attendances dropping?? i am just saying that is the case and we should not be shocked by the drop. If we were in the premiership and we were getting 22,000 i would say ok thats not very good but getting 22,000 at 13th in the league in the championship i would say oh thats quite a good attendance. Its because we have become accustomed to 30,000 that was all i was trying to say.

No, not even top 30 as things stand in the only thing that matters.

BAND D £300 SEASON TICKET PRICE

Leicester £15

Huddersfield £15

Wolves £15

Bolton £15

Bristol City £13.25

Ipswich £13.25

Palace £13.25

Millwall £7.00

Peterborough £7.00

BAND D MATCHDAY TICKET PRICES ON 22 JANUARY 2013

Leicester £27-32

Huddersfield £21-28

Wolves £22-28

Bolton £17-20

Bristol City £20-25

Ipswich £24-25

Palace £19-25

Millwall £21-28

Peterborough £21-25

I have to wonder whether the club really thought through the consequences of releasing the above letter to season ticket holders. Sure, it serves its purpose to reassure season ticket holders they are getting value-for-money.

But when such information can be circulated to fans outside the 16-17,000 season ticket holders through a simple upload to the internet, is it not at the same time potentially alienating the supporters who can't go on such a regular basis?

The figures make interesting reading. Granted, a mark-up in price is to be expected. That's business. The club has to find a happy medium between looking after season ticket holders, maximising the volume of matchday ticket sales and subsequent profit. Clearly, if the attendances are anything to go by, that happy medium hasn't quite been reached.

I look at the differentials in price there and outside of the Bolton game, where is there genuine value for money in buying on a one-off basis?

When the mark-up for games such as Leicester, Millwall and Peterborough can be so significant, is it any surprise fans are staying away?

Archived