Falling Attendances

Rich3478

Tbh I'd rather us have a stadium of around 20,000 fans who the majority want to make a bit of noise and get some atmosphere going, rather than the 33,010 that turned up for forest with those around me who hadn't been many games as the attendances show generally got on my tits with trying to find where they sat 5 minutes after kick off, shouting clough out because we weren't winning, slating every player and leaving early. Those kinda folk are the stereotype to follow Man Utd on tv every week.

Be careful what you say. I made this point and was told by another poster that I make them feel sick! Apparently the reason we had an extra 10000 fans for the Forest game is because them extra fans were all from abroad or a long way away and this was the one game a season that they can get to!

Glad I wasn't the only one who all of a sudden was surrounded by 'fans' that was slating every misplaced pass and telling Clough 'you don't know what you're doing' as soon as we went behind.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be careful what you say. I made this point and was told by another poster that I make them feel sick! Apparently the reason we had an extra 10000 fans for the Forest game is because them extra fans were all from abroad or a long way away and this was the one game a season that they can get to!

Glad I wasn't the only one who all of a sudden was surrounded by 'fans' that was slating every misplaced pass and telling Clough 'you don't know what you're doing' as soon as we went behind.

doesn't bother me at all what people think, I'm happy for them to go against what I say. Don't get me wrong i love a sell out crowd at home, but when those few around me did nothing but slate our team, club, staff and anything else they could I wish they didn't turn up! Muespach and those who follow from abroad I admire, would I do the same? No idea, the fans who turn up when they can afford it, fair play to them but the odd moron where you just think "why do you come if you dislike it that much?" I asked one bloke why he came, all I got told was "well, it's forest ain't it" I don't care who were playing, you turned up to support us.

Doesn't matter what different posters say when voicing opinions on here. Everybody's got one and members should't have to watch what they say.

As long as there's no personal insults flying about from either party, disagreeing with someone is fine if it's done in the right manner, then everyone's happy.

Carry on Jeeves..

The crowd was higher because we were playing forest.

Some people have to pick and choose their games because of financial constraints. I'm sure that when I have children I may well be one of those people. The forest game is one that I will always go to, though.

In terms of people coming to the big games and criticising the way we play - they're no worse than some of the a*seholes I've stood and sat next to all over the country that give the team, club and manager hell (and still sit next to every other week at PPS). You probably all recognise alot of faces (particularly away from home), that seemingly go for the sole purpose of castigating all things Derby County, and they've been doing it for years.

Why is it any worse when occasional supporters do it? If anything they're less detrimental than the hardened, 20 year season ticket 'supporters' who have absolutely nothing positive to contribute, and almost look frustrated when we score that they have nothing to complain about. They're the ones that have a huge negative impact on the atmosphere at the ground, a topic on which a whole thread is dedicated to on this forum.

It's happening everywhere, even stoke are slightly worried about it and saying exactly the same things....

[size=3]I'm not sure what it tells us about a club but I think it suggests that relegation to the championship would see averages down to around the 19-20,000 mark. We wont hold on to crowds in the way Derby have.[/size]

[size=3]And what that tells us is that we are a smaller club than Derby still. Derby, a city of a similar size, had historical success which built up their fan base. Stoke have always had a smaller support base than their many neighbors and that will show in the gate on Saturday[/size]

[size=3]Derby isn't a two-team city for a start.[/size]

[size=3]you get a free season ticket at derby, if you take up a 18 pound a month mobile contract[/size]

[size=3]Absolutely. People often overlook this when comparing us to bigger clubs from similar sized places. I mean, even the glory-hunters that infect the vale-territories hate Stoke City with a passion![/size]

[size=3]Small time indeed mate....where's the 40,000 from the Wembley trips now [/size]http://images.proboards.com/new/sad

Great quote Private Derby and it speaks volumes. The only club that appears to be bucking the trend is Brighton as they are increasing the capacity again by 3000. This is due to having a captive audience and no football league clubs within 25 miles and they have been starved of a decent team and ground for years. Think that what they are doing on pitch and what they have missed for years is contributing to this fact aswell.

Doesn't matter what different posters say when voicing opinions on here. Everybody's got one and members should't have to watch what they say.

As long as there's no personal insults flying about from either party, disagreeing with someone is fine if it's done in the right manner, then everyone's happy.

Carry on Jeeves..

Time to introduce a new acronym....

OALAEGO

(Opinions are like ********* - everyone's got one)

Surely Derby would prefer promotion than small incomes? Reduce the ticket prices to £20 a game! Maybe less! If we can get 30,000 a week at Pride Park, the atmosphere will be buzzing. Give the players some encouragement. Even the best players won't do their best if the fans are on their back, or not there at all! Cheaper tickets, more people inside ---> Better performances? Surely it's worth a shot?

Surely Derby would prefer promotion than small incomes? Reduce the ticket prices to £20 a game! Maybe less! If we can get 30,000 a week at Pride Park, the atmosphere will be buzzing. Give the players some encouragement. Even the best players won't do their best if the fans are on their back, or not there at all! Cheaper tickets, more people inside ---> Better performances? Surely it's worth a shot?

Capacity crowds are no guarantee of anything. Have you such a short memory?

Fans that get on players backs for small mistakes take the piss! I heard one lad sitting behind me say "that Hughes is ****, send him to City"... Obviously shows that was the first game he's been to! I think that the more games you go to, should reflect on how much you pay. Anyone can turn up, but real fans don't shout "NIGEL OUT" every time we loose. It's a joke

30,000 a week in 2006 didn't do us any harm

Average home gate was under 26000, and it's worth pointing that out because the previous year we were less than 2000 down on that - and were nearly relegated..

Hmmm, I'd say it would be half and half, Im posted away, My daughter was giving me hell that we couldnt make the forest match - but it would mean a week off work 'cos of the flights.

Reminds me of when I was younger and we went up from the third and then into the second and the first - I missed being the one (ok, of many) that followed home and away in the bad times.

x

Archived