Is the season now over?

Boycie

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Roberts was just spread a bit thin yesterday. Besides he might of let Sharp's cross in but it was OB and Keogh who saw fit to aerial challenge the standing giant that is Simon Cox at the same time.

As for the season, this is just the club we are. I accepted it a while ago. We're playing it safe. The price of that is we have to wait patiently while Nigel wheels and deals and tries to find the right mixture. He's in a position where he may have to let players he wants to keep leave to try and get balance elsewhere.

It's a ***** job. He needs to juggle constantly. He's constantly pointing out how other teams 'when you can bring on....'/ when you have spent....'

This isn't the team Nigel wants. It's the team he can afford. I'm sure Sammon wouldn't be Nigel's dream big summer transfer even for a 2nd tier side. I'm sure he sees the Billy Sharp is available for loan. But he knows bringing Billy Sharp in would leave us with nothing for other areas.

I think that's just where if you have faith in Nigel it's easier. Believing he will eventually strike the balance.

If not, well DCFC must be very depressing right now as I assume you'd expect Derby to be like this for a long time?

I'd call this season a success so far. Even away (22nd in the Away Table?)

Last year we played full on percentage football. Lots of survival stuff. Lots of times you'd hear other fans say "one of the worse teams to come to /-/ this year."

People are saying good things about us this year. We are in every game. Our poor performances are still registering on the decent football radar. Brighton away? Poor, but we controlled the ball. Pointless sideways passing? Not entirely because its a damn sight better than survival football. It's a starting point.

This season over? Probably, but it's been a success. You can look back and see how we can go forward. You can't do that with hoofball.

Yesterday was a terrible 'highlight'. Poor game in a horrific pantomime ground. Cringeworthy sh1thole. Dump. But there's a bigger picture than Notts Forest.

It is just a shame our owners don't just let Nige loose a bit. Let him get a couple of big players to come into THIS team. Don't make him dismantle it so he can improve weaker areas.

Sorry, yeah remember now, put wrong name to the right face. I reckon Lowe has one of the best managerial records in England.

Dave Lowe and Chris Hutchings both had 100% records.

Billy McEwan and Mark Lillis (don't ever remember him managing us) the only managers to lose all of their games in charge.

Defensively I suppose he was quite steady (in that they didn't get much joy going past him) but it seemed all he wanted to do was hoof it anywhere as soon as he got the ball.

Offers very little going forward hence why there is so much pressure on Brayford and Coutts to perform.

In fairness to Roberts he was given very little protection until Bryson was moved to the left. There wre 2 or 3 occasions first half (their goal included I think) where Roberts was left to mark 2 men as Ward just stood there and didn't track back.

O'Brien was useless yesterday. He left gaping holes in the defence and offered no support to Roberts. Though Roberts is past it. He had a good season last season but it's time for a change.

The season was over a long time ago, yesterday's game was a highlight in the calendar that proved to be a damp squid.

However some fans feel a good season is beating last years points total or position, they are happy finishing the 30th best team in the country, which is fair enough. We haven't got or willing to spend the funds to compete, our manager sets us up to not lose rather than win at the risk of losing, we haven't beaten a club from the top league under cloughs tenure (I don't think?), and we are in the middle of a transfer window where we expect one or more of our best players to be sold from under us, all IMO only of course.....

Please name a game O'Brien has been good in. He can head a ball, yes. I wouldn't play him in League Two, let alone team in the championship. Roberts though, yes, I've been saying all season he's past it. And the opposition know that, hence so much of our oppositions attacking play is on his side.

Didn't have his best game but was by no means the worst player. Cant say his legs are going after one performance, I'm sure many people were saying his legs were gone a few seasons ago and he has gone on to be our most consistently good performer since.

No, he didn't have his best game. It was a below par performance from an average Championship player. The same he's been giving all season. His legs have gone, and yesterday was not the first time he has been 2nd best to an average championship attacker.

Up to watford away on 23rd feb, followed by palace, we've got home cup match, 3 home games to teams below us and a winnable away game at sheff.

Going of form this season, we should be close to top 6 before watford knowing that we could break into playoff positions with 2 good results.

As the stakes are raised, will we start to pick up results away from home? I think we might do. We've got much less to lose than teams who have spent big so hopefully the pressure will be on them.

I don't think we'll make it but points wise, things could be looking promising in a month. And let's hope we can beat blackburn, things get much more exciting if u get to 5th round and i'd give us a chance of beating a weakened bottom half prem team at home.

No, he didn't have his best game. It was a below par performance from an average Championship player. The same he's been giving all season. His legs have gone, and yesterday was not the first time he has been 2nd best to an average championship attacker.

O'Brien was useless yesterday. He left gaping holes in the defence and offered no support to Roberts. Though Roberts is past it. He had a good season last season but it's time for a change.

Please name a game O'Brien has been good in. He can head a ball, yes. I wouldn't play him in League Two, let alone team in the championship. Roberts though, yes, I've been saying all season he's past it. And the opposition know that, hence so much of our oppositions attacking play is on his side.

I just feel that he has been one of our better performers, very few goals have come from crosses on his side whereas alot have come from the brays side. He also got very little help from Ward yesterday who was on numerous occasions standing on the half way line when forest on the attack. This didn't help roberts.

This year, last year, next year. It's all cash in the bank.

The amount available for a cup run is quite astonishing if you are one of the selected television games.

Winning that one tie against Blackburn may well determine whether or not we hang on to Brayford or Hughes. I believe it is that important.

I just hope the supporters put their hands in their pockets and fork out the fairly well priced tickets as our last home gate against Tranmere was an embarrassment to this great club. I really do question our fans at times when we can only get 11,000 for a home game in the FA Cup.

The point I was trying to make is that you were comparing a non cash item (at least,not all cash) in the headline loss to potential cup revenues,to give the 20% saving.In 10/11 the underlying cash loss (otherwise called EBITDA) was £2.5m,and this only swelled to £3.9m because of movements in creditors/debtors/stock primarily.I expect something similar for 11/12 (not rocket science,given the similar headline loss),and in fact it might be better as the adverse £1.4m swing was high (and may even have swung the other way in 11/12).

Given that,if the 12/13 position isn't better,then we're really in trouble because we appear to have cut back as much as we dare.

In essence,I agree fully that a cup run would be huge in that it would either cover a large part of the cash loss,or give Nigel transfer funds.As the board has said we don't need to sell,then the latter should apply.

Up to watford away on 23rd feb, followed by palace, we've got home cup match, 3 home games to teams below us and a winnable away game at sheff.

Going of form this season, we should be close to top 6 before watford knowing that we could break into playoff positions with 2 good results.

As the stakes are raised, will we start to pick up results away from home? I think we might do. We've got much less to lose than teams who have spent big so hopefully the pressure will be on them.

I don't think we'll make it but points wise, things could be looking promising in a month. And let's hope we can beat blackburn, things get much more exciting if u get to 5th round and i'd give us a chance of beating a weakened bottom half prem team at home.

I admire your optimism,but then again,if you didn't have it the season (apart from the cup) really would be dead.Even if we did what you hoped,I'm not sure that you could reasonably expect a young side to deal with the mental pressures of 'squeaky bum' time.Thinking about it,do we actually have anyone in the squad who's experienced life near the top towards a season end at this level?

Archived