Moving Fans to South Stand...time for a name change?

Debaser

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really how much segregation do you need these days. Watch MOTD and you will see no more than a line of stewards/police separating fans at places like Spurs and City, even for the so called high risk games.

The last time it actually kicked off inside the ground was over 10 years ago when Sunderland broke through the netting. Absolutely no need for some of the ridiculous, draconian measures you see at certain clubs.

Just looked at last years fixtures to try and recall the above incident only to discover that i don't remember a single match.

Please can i have my money back.

If they have segregation surely it cannot be cost beneficial and cheaper as they will have the opportunity cost of ticket sales even if there are less stewards required.

They have to work out how to sell the other 10,000 first - then the extra 200 might off set such costs

Doesn't putting the away fans in the SW corner pose a threat to those in the South Stand as they'd be above them.

Just takes a couple of numpties to start pegging coins and other missiles down on them.

Didn't Derby state that it was a Health & Safety thing as to why the stands weren't sponsored or named differently when we opened the stadium. I'm sure there were some calls for a Brian Clough stand when we went there in the first place.

Why not call it after the first person to score there... Ashley Ward stand, anyone?

Yeah, maybe not.

Archived