Best game you've been to for atmosphere

sage

claudio caniggia?

That roberto martinez isnt THE Roberto Martinez

He'd be in his sixties now! Del Bosque is THE Del Bosque though (isn't he,or have I flipped).I've a feeling I've made a right pig's ear of the Argie striker though.Bet I'm thinking of Netzer (think he was blonde at time)-not Argentine,not striker,so close!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to recall it would have made it 3-2 at the time. Disallowed for offside at the Normanton end when he was at least 5 yards onside?

Yeh,it's starting to come back to me now.They were having a good spell when the goal was disallowed and we went on to get the fourth.Congrats-your memory's better than mine!

Yeh,it's starting to come back to me now.They were having a good spell when the goal was disallowed and we went on to get the fourth.Congrats-your memory's better than mine!

I saw the video about a month ago at a sports forum with Graham Richards. It was pointed out at the time that it was THE Russian linesman - I recognised the silly moustache. I remember the goals though - Nishy got the other. A right ricket worthy of Lee Camp on a good day.

I saw the video about a month ago at a sports forum with Graham Richards. It was pointed out at the time that it was THE Russian linesman - I recognised the silly moustache. I remember the goals though - Nishy got the other. A right ricket worthy of Lee Camp on a good day.

I'm relieved!

You're a guy who could probably help me with this,Eddie.Was trying to think of our team when I first started watching in the early 60's and I've got as far as :- Oxford,Barrowcliffe,Young,Moore,Parry,Roby,Curry,Hutchinson,Swallow.Who am I missing? (Havenhand was out with bad injury that effectively finished him).I've a feeling Mick Hopkinson might be one.

It has to be Rams v Chelsea league cup Oct 1968,Birchenal scored early on for Chelsea, it was still 1- 0 with about 15 mins to go but with Mackay and the crowd roaring the Rams on we were hammering them, Dave Mackay scored first, then Alan Durban and the King put it to bed.A night never quite matched again for atmosphere, Imo.

I'm relieved!

You're a guy who could probably help me with this,Eddie.Was trying to think of our team when I first started watching in the early 60's and I've got as far as :- Oxford,Barrowcliffe,Young,Moore,Parry,Roby,Curry,Hutchinson,Swallow.Who am I missing? (Havenhand was out with bad injury that effectively finished him).I've a feeling Mick Hopkinson might be one.

From that era - possibly Bobby Ferguson, Phil Waller, Frank Upton, John McCann, Ian Buxton, Eddie Thomas, Bobby Saxton, Gordon Hughes?

Hoppy started in 1959, so he'd be around - and Ronnie Webster would have been at the club from about 1963 I think. I was out of the country from 1961 until 1964 so I have no real knowledge of those days except what my Grandad told me.

3 - 1 v Chelsea at BBG about a zillion years ago. Never experienced anything like it since.

I agree, this is when the Clough/Taylor team began to take the footballing world by storm, I was proud to have been there.

We have had great nights at both BG & PPS but that night was the begining.of our recent history.

League Cup replay, Derby 3 Chelsea 1 - the day that REAL noise first came to the Baseball Ground. Dave Mackay was utterly inspirational, and the Derby County rollercoaster ride started that night.

It started for you and your age group Eddie. What about the years between the wars when Derby were one of the top teams for years then the Cup win of 46, and before that the Steve Bloomer years. For a relatively small town we have always punched above our weight - we just need a rest in between bouts!

From that era - possibly Bobby Ferguson, Phil Waller, Frank Upton, John McCann, Ian Buxton, Eddie Thomas, Bobby Saxton, Gordon Hughes?

Hoppy started in 1959, so he'd be around - and Ronnie Webster would have been at the club from about 1963 I think. I was out of the country from 1961 until 1964 so I have no real knowledge of those days except what my Grandad told me.

Thanks Eddie,but most of those appeared later (you could have added Cullen,Draper,Hodgson,Richardson).To my surprise,Ronnie featured in 61/2 and I think this might be my clue.I'd put Ray Young at FB,when he may have partnered Moore and moved to FB later.

Plymouth Argyle - Second Division Championship Day - 1987...

We were pants in the first half but came out firing in the second. Bobby Davison hit a screamer past Steve Cherry into the Normanton End goal and the party started.

You could hardly breathe on the Columbo End it was heaving! I was only 14 and, having fallen in love with a club struggling in the Third Division that was almost wound up, I thought that life couldn't get much better...

Archived