Summer Signings Value Review

sage

Personally,I hate the fact that some fans say Sammon isn't worth £1.2m when we've no idea what we paid.In view of the uncertainty over nearly all fees,why can't we just say whether we think so and so is a good/bad/indifferent player (full stop)?

He's got what, 6 goals halfway through the season, adds far more to the team than just goals and has generally done a good job. Compare him to other strikers even going at £1.2 mil and he looks a good signing.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
{content}
Michael Jacobs - Northampton Town, Undisclosed Fee - if the rumored fee is true then i think we have a good signing who is value for money a few improvements in certain areas we have a very very good player. 8/10[/indent]

{content}
Paul Coutts - Preston North End, Undisclosed Fee - one of the bargains of the season, constant performer very creative and attacking for that value 10/10[/indent]

{content}
Richard Keogh - Coventry City, Undisclosed Fee - shackell's replacement and IMO a better player and rumoured to be the same fee, couple of iffy games but a good player none the less. 8/10[/indent]
{content}

James O'Connor - Doncaster Rovers, Undisclosed Fee. rumoured to be cheap and has been poor recently. looks good for back up though. 6/10[/indent]

{content}
Michael Hoganson Unattached, Free Transfer - dunno hows he's been in the U21s but looks a promising LB 6/10 [/indent]

{content}
Valentin Gjokaj Lucerne, Undisclosed Fee - similar to hoganson but has been on the bench more often 7/10 [/indent]

{content}
Conor Sammon Wigan Athletic, Undisclosed Fee - if we paid 600k then good value 7/10, if we paid what the papers have said (1mill+) then we've paid too much IMO. looks alright though needs to be more clinical 6/10.[/indent]

{content}
Kieron Freeman Nottingham Forest, Undisclosed Fee - looks like we've nicked a promosing player from forest for a small price as well. looks very promising 8/10[/indent]

He's got what, 6 goals halfway through the season, adds far more to the team than just goals and has generally done a good job. Compare him to other strikers even going at £1.2 mil and he looks a good signing.

Chris Woods has signed for Leicester for less and scored 1/3 of the goals Sammon's scored all season in less than 45 minutes.

Chris Woods has signed for Leicester for less and scored 1/3 of the goals Sammon's scored all season in less than 45 minutes.

Ummmmm.......

How much did they sign him for? I'm also guess he's on a fair ol' wage, especially at Leicester.

1.25m rising to 2m with add ons.

The wages bit you are guessing at.

1.25m rising to 2m with add ons.

The wages bit you are guessing at.

So wait, he at the very least cost more than Sammon in terms of a fee.

You're also guessing if you're saying that Sammon was around that price anyhow, as we have no idea what we paid for him.

But yeah... Long story short, Wood was not cheaper than Sammon.

Keogh worth his value.

Coutts worth more than his value.

Sammon probably worth 800k tbh.

Freeman undecided looks good from one game.

Hoganson on a free so unsure.

Legzdins worth his value.

Jacobs worth more than his value.

Oconnor not sure how much we paid but I would only have got him on a free not worth paying for him.

So wait, he at the very least cost more than Sammon in terms of a fee.

You're also guessing if you're saying that Sammon was around that price anyhow, as we have no idea what we paid for him.

But yeah... Long story short, Wood was not cheaper than Sammon.

Where did I mention sammon? Please show me

As always I can't really say any of the summer signings were poor and don't deserve their price tag, so it looks like Clough's done a good job for me in the transfer department (to say he's on a shoestring and constantly reducing the wage bill)!

I can only assume Bailey will now be on his way out.. It's a shame really, they're basically a like for like player but Bailey has far more in his locker and can dictate forward passes..

Coutts is a sideways passer with little movement.. ie. Paul Thirlwell.. One I like to call a passenger who offers no attacking threat from midfield.. I hate these types of footballers (Thirlwell, Parker, Coutts, Greening)

Ha Ha Ha, Argumentative? Me?

Laughable how people are voting 8/10 and more..

Sorry have we signed players that have gotten us top of the league, promoted, and are now being courted by PL clubs for $5mill a pop...

No, we've signed a few cheap players who are doing mediocre to good in the NPC..

Good signings? 8/10 or more.. I'll give you a few..

Dave Kitson signed for $300k scored 20 goals at this level sold for $5mill

Stephen Hunt singed for free, helped Reading win promotion, sold for $4mill

Kevin Doyle signed for $80k, scored 20 plus goals in the NPC and won promotion, sold for $6mill

Shane Long signed for $80k, scored 20 plus goal at this level, won promotion, was possibly the best striker the NPC has seen and sold for $7mill

James Harper and Sidwell signed for $500k, formed the CM partnership that broke all the records in the NPC

Nicky Shorey signed for $115k, was the best LB in the NPC by a mile, won promotion and sold for $4.4mill

Ibra Sonko signed for free, was a monster at the back in the NPC, won promotion, sold for $2mill plus.

Ingimarsson signed for $175k, became a Reading legend, won promotion

Graeme Murty signed for $700k, became Reading captain, wom promotion, became a solid RB

These were all 8/10 or more signings..

What Derby signed this summer is good at best.. 7/10 is the best you can give any of them..

Archived