Summer Signings Value Review

sage

Now we are over halfway through the season, I thought it might be a good time to review whether we got good value in the summer transfer window. It's difficult in these days of undisclosed fees and for those in the development squad, but I thought it worth a go, in order of what they cost Keogh, £1m? 8/10 Mainly very good,a couple of poor games. Better passer than Shackell I think , Jacobs £400k, 7/10 Good technically but short of pace for winger, second striker may be his future Ledgzins £250k 8/10 Took his chance and kept Frankie out, couple of errors, but some great saves Coutts £150k 9/10 Consistent performer, links up well with Brayford, needs to add goals to his game O;Connor ??? 6/10 Looks ok at centre back, not him at right back yet, had two bad games at left back Freeman £100k? 8/10 Looks sharp and comfortable on the ball,plays in a few positions, good prospect Hoganson Free ?/10 Got as far as the bench but not seen enough of him as yet.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally,I hate the fact that some fans say Sammon isn't worth £1.2m when we've no idea what we paid.In view of the uncertainty over nearly all fees,why can't we just say whether we think so and so is a good/bad/indifferent player (full stop)?

Personally,I hate the fact that some fans say Sammon isn't worth £1.2m when we've no idea what we paid.In view of the uncertainty over nearly all fees,why can't we just say whether we think so and so is a good/bad/indifferent player (full stop)?

Ok, what do you think of the summer signings?

Ok, what do you think of the summer signings?

I think they're all pretty good,Sage.Can't really comment on O'Connor because he hasn't had a run in his best position.

I heard we only paid 600k for Sammon?

Somewhere around that region wouldn't surprise me at all.I could never work out what he'd done at Wigan that might boost his value to £1.2m.

Does he play, sorry, train for free then?

Yes.

Fortunately he gets paid absolutely nothing due to the constant need to reduce wages.

The local media always print a 'thought to be' figure. As none of us really know we have little choice but to accept these figures. Clearly we're left discussing things that we don't have all the information on, but that goes for the majority of things discussed on any football forum.

For me the jury is still out on Sammon. He works hard and really improves the shape of the team, but I honestly don't know if that is because of his ability or just due to having a big lump in the right place - and maybe any big lump could do the same.

If he could improve his control and composure he'd be a very good player, but until he does I think he's pretty average - but the team appears better with him in it. 5/10

I'd also rate Jacobs at 9/10. His directness opens up space for others and he just might be brilliant inside forward. In any case to get a very capable Championship attacking player for so little (probably) is a very fine peice of business.

The local media always print a 'thought to be' figure. As none of us really know we have little choice but to accept these figures. Clearly we're left discussing things that we don't have all the information on, but that goes for the majority of things discussed on any football forum.

For me the jury is still out on Sammon. He works hard and really improves the shape of the team, but I honestly don't know if that is because of his ability or just due to having a big lump in the right place - and maybe any big lump could do the same.

If he could improve his control and composure he'd be a very good player, but until he does I think he's pretty average - but the team appears better with him in it. 5/10

I'd also rate Jacobs at 9/10. His directness opens up space for others and he just might be brilliant inside forward. In any case to get a very capable Championship attacking player for so little (probably) is a very fine peice of business.

Bobby Campbell was a big lump in the wrong place.Utch can define Hales.

Archived