An offer we can't refuse

you-rams

How much did Joe Allen cost Liverpool?

I never notice him while watching their games, so he doesn't stand out as a influential player to me.

There's a bench mark.

Please don't tell me he was a Bosman!

Rumoured to be around 15 mil, which propably was his release clause.

Rodgers offered about £12m plus fellow midfielder Jonjo Shelvey on loan, but that deal was turned down by Swansea chairman Hugh Jenkins.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19218887]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19218887

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threads like these make me cringe..

$10mill for Hughes

$2mill for Hendrick

$1mill for O'Brien

Fans will always overprice these because of who they are.. Derby youth players..

I've seen it all in the past..

$7mill for Barnes

$2mill for Nyatanga

$4mill for Addison

interestingly enough though I think Brayford could fetch more than $1mill

$10 million is £6.1 million at current exchange rates for reference sake.

In this video http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20811504#asset it appears that Hughes comes across as a level headed young man and reading between the lines with rose tinted rams fans glasses I think he's staying for at least another season, this time next year when he's proved he's as good as his potential maybe he'll go if the deal suits all, after all this is a business, however teams will get him cheaper now as he's 'potential'

Hope he stays, Brayford too but feel he's more likely to go with ample cover at Right back, just my thoughts

I would argue ward should be one of our prized assets. He could play in premier league am I the only one who thinks this? You can't say he is injury prone because this is the longest he has been injured ever.

Sheff utd fan told me when we bourght him that he had constant hamstring trouble.

It was ironic therefore that he was signed to replace commons who was unpopular with nigel due to.......

.........constant hamstring trouble.

Quite simple really.

The only way we Clough can build a side capable of mounting a promotion challenge is to improve the side.

To do that he requires funds and we all know that these funds are going to have to be raised through player sales.

Hughes form is a massive bonus this season and let's face it; at the start of the season before a ball was kicked, nobody expected Will Hughes to be a regular starter let alone the first name on the team sheet.

Any bid that matches the valuation of 5 million will likely be accepted and provided Clough gets two thirds of that; the sale will benefit the side.

His past record in the transfer market gives me the confidence that if we were to add about 3~4 players costing a total around the 2.5M mark, we would be in a much stronger position to make a push for the top six.

These crazy valuations of 10M plus are way wide of the mark. Snap anyone's hands off offering 6M but 5M is likely an offer that we can't refuse.

How fortunate we are to have produced one of the finest young midfield talents the country has seen and the academy deserves great credit for this. The Pickering era deserves a lot of the credit for this one with the wonderful Moor Farm training base.

It's so nice to see Derby County in the news for a change for the right reasons.

not to sure about that ample cover at right back with o'conner's recent performances.

Brayford is undoubtedly our best RB and I don't want him to leave but we also have Freeman, Naylor and O'Connor who can play RB. I know Naylor got slaughtered earlier but that was LB, that's what leads me to think that if a really good offer for JB came in we may accept it, I hope not though

It's nice to see, through the academy and Clough's shrewd transfer dealings, that we actually have decent saleable assets. Over the last few years most players who've left seem to have gone for nowt or even been paid off!

I hope any 1st team outgoings wait until the summer at least. As for incomings we may as well **** in our hands as wish!

I don't think we will sell any of them either - and certainly not for the fees stated anyway. Most are 'pie in the sky' transfer fees - I doubt that we would get anywhere near the fees stated for any of them with the exception of Hughes, and that's only because he has been 'talked up' as the 'next big thing' in the Championship, and with half a dozen big clubs rumoured to be monitoring the situation.

Suggesting 2.5 million for Brayford, 2 million for Hendrick and 1.5 million for Fielding is simply unrealistic.

I meant this thread to be about an offer that we can't refuse. Not what the players a worth. Thats why the majority of my stated fees are double if not triple what they are actually worth.

£2 million for Hendrick and £1 million for O'Brien are both way too high, would halve each of them.

Brayford is much better than Theo but wouldnt be surprised if someone paid a million for Theo, they'd be f*cking stupid to, but wouldnt surprise me.

O'Brien for 500 Thousand are you mad?

He is a good player with a couple of niggles, he's only 20 and he's in a first team in the Championship, fair enough it's because others are injuried but IMO he is better than Jake anyways.

1 million is a bad price for theo, with some of the Goals which he scores he is worth his weight.Some fans are so fickle I bet you chant Theo, Theo when he comes on as a sub as you know he has a chance of scoring.

How can you compare Theo to Brayford and say he's much better ones a striker and the other is a defender. I doubt Bray could tap goals in like Theo and I doubt Theo could tackle or run the wings like Brayford.

Come on think about it before speaking...

I don't think we're going to lose any players in the transfer window. I can't imagine people are queuing up for the consistently absent Ward. I can't see Hughes leaving, theres no point in having him just sat on the bench at a Premiership club. It wont do him any good and I think he knows that too. The only player I could see possibly leaving would be Brayford - all this talk of West Ham hounding him- I wouldn't accept anything less than 2 mil.

I don't think we're going to lose any players in the transfer window. I can't imagine people are queuing up for the consistently absent Ward. I can't see Hughes leaving, theres no point in having him just sat on the bench at a Premiership club. It wont do him any good and I think he knows that too. The only player I could see possibly leaving would be Brayford - all this talk of West Ham hounding him- I wouldn't accept anything less than 2 mil.

AGREED!!!

I think we are readying for Brayford to go. Freeman is getting match time at the moment and has been getting more involved in the first team recently.

He played well out of position on Saturday and I would be happy to bank the money if we have too and move to bring in a left back.

I also think Will is to smart and loyal to move if he has a choice, I asked Cloughie if Will would be going in Jan after the Palace game and he said quickly said No!!

O'Brien for 500 Thousand are you mad?

He is a good player with a couple of niggles, he's only 20 and he's in a first team in the Championship, fair enough it's because others are injuried but IMO he is better than Jake anyways.

1 million is a bad price for theo, with some of the Goals which he scores he is worth his weight.Some fans are so fickle I bet you chant Theo, Theo when he comes on as a sub as you know he has a chance of scoring.

How can you compare Theo to Brayford and say he's much better ones a striker and the other is a defender. I doubt Bray could tap goals in like Theo and I doubt Theo could tackle or run the wings like Brayford.

Come on think about it before speaking...

You need to think pal, long and hard based on that post.

O'Brien is a 6ft tall, slow centre half with limited ability on the ball. He'll be an average championship defender at the very peak of his career. What's he achieved? Been part of a mid table Championship side for a couple of season. Who's really gunna pay more than 500k for him. What top attributes has he got that would really interest a decent side?

I can compare Theo and Brayford quite easily, watch this, Brayford is better at full back than Theo is as a striker. Theo is a poor, poor footballer, you really think he's worth more than a million? You would be happy if we paid over a million for Theo Robinson? Your argument loses all creditability as you obviously havent seen him play then. He scores a few goals, but his general play is a hindrance to the side in several different ways. For 250k he was a good signing as he does a job, any club that signs him for more than £500k hasnt scouted him properly.

Archived