An offer we can't refuse

you-rams

With all the transfer speculation and the inevitable comments from Clough about "every player has their price". What are peoples views on the amounts we should be accepting for our star players?

Hughes - £5 million

Brayford - £1 million

Ward - £1.5 million

Theo - £1 million

Tyson - £500k

Bryson - £2 million

Hendrick - £2 million

O'Brien - £1 million

The only players I think will leave in January are Brayford and Ward. Think we'll manage to keep Will until the summer.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 million for Jeffrey Hendrick? Good grief, I'd be tempted to accept anything from 800,000.

Tyson didn't exactly have a list of clubs queuing for his signature, doubt he is worth anything more than 350,000.

Ward is too injury prone at the minute to be sold this coming window, if a club came in I'd be truly surprised.

Doubt anyone will leave on a permanent basis anyway

Hughes, Brayford and Bryson are about the only players we'd get over a million for.

Am I the only one who thinks none of these players will leave in January?

I don't think we will sell any of them either - and certainly not for the fees stated anyway. Most are 'pie in the sky' transfer fees - I doubt that we would get anywhere near the fees stated for any of them with the exception of Hughes, and that's only because he has been 'talked up' as the 'next big thing' in the Championship, and with half a dozen big clubs rumoured to be monitoring the situation.

Suggesting 2.5 million for Brayford, 2 million for Hendrick and 1.5 million for Fielding is simply unrealistic.

Anything less than circa £10m for Hughes would annoy me. When you look at some of the cr*p that have moved for fees far in excess of this, plus taking into account Will's age & uniqueness in being an intelligent English midfield player genuinely comfortable on the ball - I dont think this is unrealistic.

Fortunately he's starting to get a bit of publicity (always helps a transfer fee!) plus there seems to be a national mood at the minute that players with technique, passing ability & intelligence are what is needed to develop our game at international level - Will is very nicely placed to take advantage of this. I could definitely see him at a Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal. And I hope he makes it too, he seems a very level headed, likeable lad.

Brayford - anything less than £2m would be strange considering we paid £800k for him (granted was with Bailey) & he's improved massively since his arrival here.

We all know any fees will be 'undisclosed' as has been the new fashion of late 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

but that's better than the old fashion, in black sacks marked for Panama ! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Happy New Years fella's and lasses 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Onwards and Upwards......

Threads like these make me cringe..

$10mill for Hughes

$2mill for Hendrick

$1mill for O'Brien

Fans will always overprice these because of who they are.. Derby youth players..

I've seen it all in the past..

$7mill for Barnes

$2mill for Nyatanga

$4mill for Addison

interestingly enough though I think Brayford could fetch more than $1mill

$10mill for Hughes

Its got nothing to do with how highly we as Derby fans rate them - its an indication of transfer market activity in this country.

Wilfred Zaha is being touted by Crystal Palace for £20m, Henderson went to Liverpool for £20m, don't even get me started on Andy Carroll. It'd be insane to "reasonably price" Hughes at say £3m-£5m, simply because he's so young we have no idea what his potential is & his fairly unique attributes among the usual box to box, physically imposing but scatterbrained, technically deficient & feckless young midfielders this country normally produces.

Having read a lot of your previous posts about patient possession football & how annoyingly poor that is in this country (which I totally agree with by the way) - I would have thought you'd have picked up on this.

Its got nothing to do with how highly we as Derby fans rate them - its an indication of transfer market activity in this country.

Wilfred Zaha is being touted by Crystal Palace for £20m, Henderson went to Liverpool for £20m, don't even get me started on Andy Carroll. It'd be insane to "reasonably price" Hughes at say £3m-£5m, simply because he's so young we have no idea what his potential is & his fairly unique attributes among the usual box to box, physically imposing but scatterbrained, technically deficient & feckless young midfielders this country normally produces.

Having read a lot of your previous posts about patient possession football & how annoyingly poor that is in this country (which I totally agree with by the way) - I would have thought you'd have picked up on this.

Yes you're right..

I just compare at a world market price and think you can get so much better for so much cheaper.. I mentiuoned before, but Marco Reus who is a worldclass attacking midfielder for Dortmund and a German regular cost all of $1mill.. It's embarrassing what English clubs pay for players.. Liverpool going after Sturridge for $12mill?! I mean, seriously, don't they learn?

But as an English market price $10mill is a good deal for Hughes.. But Derby shouldn't be particularly picky, around $6mill could work wonders for us.. But you're right.. The English market is crazy but Hughes isn't usually the sort of player they'd pay the big bucks for.. It's the same players they go over the top with, the attacking wingers or strikers with abit of flair.. Zaha, Walcott, Oxlaide, Downing, Sturridge, SWP etc.

$10mill for Hughes

$2mill for Hendrick

$1mill for O'Brien

Fans will always overprice these because of who they are.. Derby youth players..

I've seen it all in the past..

$7mill for Barnes

$2mill for Nyatanga

$4mill for Addison

interestingly enough though I think Brayford could fetch more than $1mill

The OP asked what are the offers we couldn't refuse, not what the players are worth. From that I take it that he means an offer which would allow the club to strengthen the squad - ie bring in extra quality/quantity with the cash generated. Thus, by definition, the 'can't refuse' values will always be high.

for me

Hughes - £8 million

Brayford - £2 million

Ward - £1 million

Theo - £750k

Tyson - free - get him off the wage bill

Bryson - £2 million

Hendrick - £1.5 million

O'Brien - £500k

The OP asked what are the offers we couldn't refuse, not what the players are worth. From that I take it that he means an offer which would allow the club to strengthen the squad - ie bring in extra quality/quantity with the cash generated. Thus, by definition, the 'can't refuse' values will always be high.

for me

Hughes - £8 million

Brayford - £2 million

Ward - £1 million

Theo - £750k

Tyson - free - get him off the wage bill

Bryson - £2 million

Hendrick - £1.5 million

O'Brien - £500k

I agree with the above.

Archived