10 or 11 wins needed to get to playoffs

davenportram

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i bet nigel's clapping.

i think Bris is his own worst enemy at times, a great post is followed by what can only be described as *****.

Imagine if he does/eventually will have children.. "Daddy, daddy.. Santa's been!!!" Bris: "don't be so daft, he's not real. Do you genuinely believe that a bloke has the ability to deliver presents to every child on earth given the huge distance/time scale's in each country? There must be a 0.000000001 % chance you illogical child of mine"

i think Bris is his own worst enemy at times, a great post is followed by what can only be described as *****.

Imagine if he does/eventually will have children.. "Daddy, daddy.. Santa's been!!!" Bris: "don't be so daft, he's not real. Do you genuinely believe that a bloke has the ability to deliver presents to every child on earth given the huge distance/time scale's in each country? There must be a 0.000000001 % chance you illogical child of mine"

So, basically he's right, unless you still believe in S©A(l)N(o)T(u)A(gh).

10 home games left..

Forest, Huddersfield, Wolves, Bolton, Palace, Leicester, Bristol, Ipswich, Peterborough, Millwall

8 away games left..

Wednesday, Watford, Cardiff, Birmingham, Leeds, Blackburn, Barnsley, Blackpool.

I would look to aim for 20 points at home so 6 wins and 2 draws, 2 losses and away if we can pick up 12 points from the 8 games left we'll be definitely in or around the play off spaces.

I don't even think it's that big of an ask - Bolton worst away team in the division, Forest, Wolves, Huddersfield, Peterborough and Bristol all in the bottom half on away points this season.

Away from home... all the teams bar Cardiff and Leeds are in the bottom half on home points in the division, leeds is a team we always seem to beat, also, so it's very much possible.

We've got an easy run in of away games, that are for the most part of the season on the back of home games where we should have good confidence. It's there for us to take the chance IMO.

----

missed out hull away, sorry. they're also top half home form.

also, I think it's important you factor the fixtures into account, they can be your friend or foe - I believe at the minute, they're our friend... an away game against Wednesday looks good if you're on a winning streak at home.

Forest (H)

Hull (A)

Hudders (H)

Sheff Wed (A)

Wolves (H)

Bolton (H)

Watford (A)

Palace (H)

Cardiff (A)

Brum (A)

Leicester (H)

Bristol C (H)

Leeds (A)

Ipswich (H)

Blackburn (A)

Barnsley (A)

P'Boro (H)

Blackpool (A)

Millwall (H)

A further 2 points dropped.. Meaning now another draw has to become a win.. We've got 38 points from 28 games meaning we need 36 points from 18 games (92 points over a 46 game season - title winning form)..

As you can see above.. From our remaining 18 games we need a record similar to W11 D3 L4

Mission Impossible

10 home games left..

Forest, Huddersfield, Wolves, Bolton, Palace, Leicester, Bristol, Ipswich, Peterborough, Millwall

8 away games left..

Wednesday, Watford, Cardiff, Birmingham, Leeds, Blackburn, Barnsley, Blackpool.

I would look to aim for 20 points at home so 6 wins and 2 draws, 2 losses and away if we can pick up 12 points from the 8 games left we'll be definitely in or around the play off spaces.

I don't even think it's that big of an ask - Bolton worst away team in the division, Forest, Wolves, Huddersfield, Peterborough and Bristol all in the bottom half on away points this season.

Away from home... all the teams bar Cardiff and Leeds are in the bottom half on home points in the division, leeds is a team we always seem to beat, also, so it's very much possible.

We've got an easy run in of away games, that are for the most part of the season on the back of home games where we should have good confidence. It's there for us to take the chance IMO.

----

missed out hull away, sorry. they're also top half home form.

also, I think it's important you factor the fixtures into account, they can be your friend or foe - I believe at the minute, they're our friend... an away game against Wednesday looks good if you're on a winning streak at home.

Even your quotes 32 points from 18 games is top 3 form.. I'd bet my left nut we won't reach 70 points, let alone make the playoffs.. We're going to struggle to beat last seasons points tally at this rate..

Would settle for top half now. We are no longer in with a shout unless something miraculous happens. So, rest the injured players, blood the youngsters, and scout hard for next season. Currently three players away from challenging, maybe 2 if Barker comes back fit and well......

Would settle for top half now. We are no longer in with a shout unless something miraculous happens. So, rest the injured players, blood the youngsters, and scout hard for next season. Currently three players away from challenging, maybe 2 if Barker comes back fit and well......

We always have been about 3 quality players short this season. Play off games are bad for the heart anyway so it's a good thing we're mid table. Let's do it by finishing in the Top 2 sometime. Saves all kinds of underwear 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

8-9 points is probably too big a deficit to claw back now.

You never say never when there's 18 games to play but realistically it would take something remarkable now. I thought the Middlesbrough win might have given us a second wind but I guess not.

We're a promising young side learning some harsh lessons and we're just going to have to look to the summer to re-group and try again. Three or four quality additions over the summer and we'd be much closer.

A respectable top-half finish and a good cup run would be nice from here.

8-9 points is probably too big a deficit to claw back now.

You never say never when there's 18 games to play but realistically it would take something remarkable now. I thought the Middlesbrough win might have given us a second wind but I guess not.

We're a promising young side learning some harsh lessons and we're just going to have to look to the summer to re-group and try again. Three or four quality additions over the summer and we'd be much closer.

A respectable top-half finish and a good cup run would be nice from here.

Yes we were top class agaisnt Boro but todays result and by al accounts erformance very disappointing.

TBH if we had lost I would say season over. Still hope but Clough needs to sort it out and soon........

Forest (H)

Hull (A)

Hudders (H)

Sheff Wed (A)

Wolves (H)

Bolton (H)

Watford (A)

Palace (H)

Cardiff (A)

Brum (A)

Leicester (H)

Bristol C (H)

Leeds (A)

Ipswich (H)

Blackburn (A)

Barnsley (A)

P'Boro (H)

Blackpool (A)

Millwall (H)

A further 2 points dropped.. Meaning now another draw has to become a win.. We've got 38 points from 28 games meaning we need 36 points from 18 games (92 points over a 46 game season - title winning form)..

As you can see above.. From our remaining 18 games we need a record similar to W11 D3 L4

Mission Impossible

so 10 or 11 wins are still needed to get to the play offs then

Came away from the match today and felt for the first time that the season is done, look to next season as frustrating as it seems. Love to be proved wrong but don't think we've got what it takes to go on a winning run of four or five on the trot which is what I think would be needed to get even close

Hey guys sorry in advance to put a downer despite the great point at Pride Park today, but for me after some of our recent defeats away (our away form has been absolutely dire) I really don't see us making any great inroads into the higher places in the table, say than we finished last season. Which I think is crazy because our home form is like 4th of 5th best in the league I think. And we undoubtedly have players that are talented like Brayford, Hughes and Bennett, but I can see us finishing around where we were last season.

And say if we finished 13th this season, that's still a backwards move on last season. And it's the same thing every year, Board say we are gonig to invest in 'Proven championship players', and come round next season we are worse off, and our inconsistency in prior seasons has really disappointed me because I think Nigel is a great manager, and his good signings outweigh the bad, Jacobs, Brayford, Sammon are all great buys.

I'm not very good with explaining things (obviously) but it seems to me that we are at a point in the season where if we want to aim for the higher places in the table we need to pull together a string of great results but its looking like we are heading for another mid season meltdown like we have in the past 2 seasons, last season around Christmas. I remember we didnt win in 10. I will always buy a season ticket no matter what but it just gets frustrating when as a team we can't make any inroads into improving. I want to see Derby be the best they can be, but when we haven't been higher than 12th for 4 seasons it gets boring after a while.

Archived