Zenit St Petersburg fan group warns against buying black or gay players

Day

I'm sorry but I understand what you said. You suggested that if they hadn't specifically mentioned black people they wouldn't have been racist, merely regionalist which you consider to be fine. However you haven't read or understood what I wrote in response. Instead of just asking for local players, they listed several 'acceptable' countries, mentioning 'Slavic' brothers, which refers to a race of people found from Serbia to Siberia. Therefore they are being racist. They are cherrypicking an ethnic type. It would be like Celtic fans insisting on players only from Scotland,Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, Brittany and North West Spain as nod to Gaelic culture/ethnicity.

If the Slavic brother refers to a race (I was unaware of this) then yes they're out of order..

If they had been selective of regions yet any person from that region (be it black, brown, latin, gay, green, yellow, asian, 3 legged giant) would be accepted (born in that region) then it would be OK..

I'm certain that if a black Mexican or black Basque player (I didn't know they had one in their squad - reference to Duracell) then they'd be accepted..

But Zenit fans are out of order and balatantly racist if they turn away black players or gay players, even if they were born in that region..

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Slavic brother refers to a race (I was unaware of this) then yes they're out of order..

If they had been selective of regions yet any person from that region (be it black, brown, latin, gay, green, yellow, asian, 3 legged giant) would be accepted (born in that region) then it would be OK..

I'm certain that if a black Mexican or black Basque player (I didn't know they had one in their squad - reference to Duracell) then they'd be accepted..

But Zenit fans are out of order and balatantly racist if they turn away black players or gay players, even if they were born in that region..

Look at Slavic peoples on Wiki. I think as soon as they started listing acceptable regions or countries they were being racist.

Hulk has been the target of racial abuse by Zenit fans who oppose black players playing for the club. In September 2012, a fake bomb was found at Zenit's training ground, accompanied by a picture of Hulk and a note that read "Hulk out!

Nice

Brian Clough said his biggest regret was his behaviour towards Justin Fashanu. It's football and there's no place for it.

So glad it's all but gone in Britain. They are thick as ****, wannabe nazi c*nts who are becoming the very people our Grandads and Great Grandads taught a good lesson to.

Brian Clough said his biggest regret was his behaviour towards Justin Fashanu. It's football and there's no place for it.

So glad it's all but gone in Britain. They are thick as ****, wannabe nazi c*nts who are becoming the very people our Grandads and Great Grandads taught a good lesson to.

The far right are in the ascendency once again PD, in europe, the US and here. Unfortunately we rarely learn from history, the same economic boom and busts bring the same fascist responses.

Archived