Are LCFC rivals?

DCFC Else

living in fester after there astounding 4-1 win I have been getting alot of banter of them which they deserve really but it got me wondering. Does anyone on here care about them because as far as banter with them goes there crap, and the games dont seem to have half the passion of the forest games. What do you guys think of the taiwainise menece 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wiki seems to think Leicester are rivals with Forest, then Derby then Coventry. Wiki also has Coventry listing Leicester above Villa, owing to Coventry being ****. Derby vs Leicester was more common than Derby vs Forest in our premier league era, and the b****rds kept beating us. Would far rather beat Leeds & Forest (which we do often), I personally see Sheff Wed as a more local rival, but then I lived north of Derby.

Bottom line: I wouldn't be overly upset to see Leicester disappear into football obscurity, but I would love to see Derby & Forest competing in the Prem (at least that way we'd be 6pts closer to 11).

The only genuine rivalry Derby have is with Forest.

Leeds don't care about us but I don't see why that should bother us. We don't need them to hate us. We don't pretend they hate us. We don't really call it a rivalry. Nobody used that word when talking Derby/Leeds.

That's the difference between us and Leicester.

We're not attention seeking.

It would be interesting to see the connection between one way rivalries and results between those sides.. Results can be decided on emotions, motivation on the day, atmospheres influencing decisions.. etc..

Derby fans in general have a strong dislike of Leeds.. it's completely one way.. The way the fans gear up for the game get's into the players minds.. Especially now NC is in charge perhaps he mentions the one-way rivalry to the players everytime we play them.. Our recent record against them is top-notch.. Maybe our players are always more motivated than theirs?

The same can be said for Leicester.. Fans, pundits, ex-players build it up so much for them it gets into the minds of current players.. The remarks by Andy King this season shows that.. The rivalry is completely one-sided, for many of us it means as much as Bristol City or Watford.. Perhaps it's a reason why they continuously beat us.. You can see how up for it their players are and how they go mental when they score..

There are other examples around where the rivalry means much more for one team than the other and results can show.. Barnsley always seem to beat Leeds Utd, Man City before they became title challengers had a decent record vs Utd, I don't know how much Brighton care about Palace but Palace seem to have their number, Swindon with Reading etc.

Archived