December games

DCFCfranco

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?

Brazil, Holland and West Germany have all been better at one point.

But none won 3 majors in a row without conceding a single goal in the knockout stages..

Spain are the best..

And they'll win the WC again in Brazil.. The only team that could stop them is Argentina and that's only because of Messi

But none won 3 majors in a row without conceding a single goal in the knockout stages..

Spain are the best..

And they'll win the WC again in Brazil.. The only team that could stop them is Argentina and that's only because of Messi

if argentina find some defenders they'll be able to win it... spain looked shakey in the euros... ticky tacky... snoozy boring. their glory years are fading. what a class outfit though. proberbly the best, i wouldnt know...but all empires fall. 4 majors in a row? that would potentially make it 6 or 8 cos your new crop would know how to do it too. wouldnt write brazil off on home soil though. theyre about due a decent team again

Spain are the best..

Well, I still say the Brazilian team of 1970 was better than the current Spanish team. Mind you, I only ever saw them play on TV so you may be raite...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I agree with Bris on this, Spain for me are the best national side that there has ever been. I don't think they are on paper but they play together so well, which is such a difficult thing at international level - look at England for example.

They have world class players that understand each other.

I like Barca but I don't think they're the best team ever, one of the best certainly.

So a four year period makes Spain the best ever?

Spain have done soemthing no other team has done.. So yes, they're the best ever.. This generation, these 4 years.. Best ever..

Go through the history books.. Tell me another International side that has won 3 majors on the trot conceding 0 goals in all of their knockout games.. Spain also broke ther record for number of consecutive international wins..

In Pique, Puyol, Ramos and Casillas they have the best defence any international team has ever seen.. In Iniesta, Fabregas, Xaxi, Xabi Alonso, Santi Cazorla, Busquets, David Silva.. They have the best selection of midfield players at their disposal at one time the world has ever seen..

Oh.. And David Villa aint too bad either.. Record Spanish goalscorer and winner of every trophy possible..

Yep they have done something no one else has done, on two counts winning three in a row and not conceding. Most consecutive wins too - but only matched Brazil's 35 unbeaten streak of the 90's an don't forget Brazils unmatched record of 5 world cups compared to Spain's 1 World Cup

Although to be fair to Bris it wasn't the same team that won 5 World Cups!

Yep they have done something no one else has done, on two counts winning three in a row and not conceding. Most consecutive wins too - but only matched Brazil's 35 unbeaten streak of the 90's an don't forget Brazils unmatched record of 5 world cups compared to Spain's 1 World Cup

I think you're missing the point between best team and most successful side over a prolonged period of time..

This Spain side, the one of the past 4 years, is the most successful and the strongest in the history of football.. Not only are they absolutely dominant on all fronts they've managed to produce that at youth level too..

During this decade (2014, 2016, 2018, 2020) I'll be amazed if Spain don't win at least another 2 majors..

Brazil's 35 game unbeaten streak isn't as impressive as winning 3 tournaments on the bounce.. Just like Arsenal's 49 game unbeaten run isn't as impressive as Man Utd winning 3 or 4 league titles and cups on the trot..

Now I don't mind hard tackles, the odd shove or shoulder barge or even the odd scrap when provoked but having just watched Stoke v Everton I think it's time the Police walk on and start nicking divs like Filani to put an end to these sly, childish actions in football.

On another note, the stand in presenter on the Football League Show seems alright, sign him up.

Now I don't mind hard tackles, the odd shove or shoulder barge or even the odd scrap when provoked but having just watched Stoke v Everton I think it's time the Police walk on and start nicking divs like Filani to put an end to these sly, childish actions in football.

On another note, the stand in presenter on the Football League Show seems alright, sign him up.

He's not Manish - thus he's more of an ample replacement 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

And completely agreed. If that were to happen on the street its assault and a potential prison sentence. On the football pitch its a few games ban and a pocket money fine.

Just catched up on MOTD, what a nutter! (excuse the pun), be interesting to see what ban he gets from the FA. Joey Barton got 12 games didn't he? After those 3 incidents Fellaini should be looking at something similar.

It will be a 12 match ban but reduced to 6 for being against Stoke.......

Real Madrid 2-2 Espanyol

Barca currently carrying Messi.. Barca 2-1 Atletico Madrid HT Messi has been poor.. Adriano scored an beauty

If Barca win they'll go 9 points ahead of Atletico and 13 clear of Real Madrid..

That'll be La Liga (Barca), Bundesliga (Bayern), Seria A (Juventus) all tied up by Christmas.. Manchester City are the only team that can make a title challenge but if they lose a couple more points over Xmas all the titles will be sewn up by the New Year..

It will make the CL this season one of the best as for the likes of Dortmund, Real Madrid and Milan it will be the only 'big title' left for the season..

Archived