Billy McKay

DcFc Dyycheee

Sky Sports understands a host of English clubs are tracking Inverness Caledonian Thistle striker Billy McKay.

McKay has been a revelation for Inverness this season since arriving on a free transfer from Northampton in the summer.

The 24-year-old has scored nine goals in 19 appearances for Terry Butcher's side, including the winner against Celtic at Parkhead last weekend.

McKay's superb form saw him earn his first call-up for Northern Ireland for their World Cup qualifier with Azerbaijan earlier this month.

Several Championship sides and a few top League One teams are thought to be keeping tabs on the former Leicester youngster.

The likes of Derby, Millwall, Preston and Sheffield United are all thought to be admirers of McKay having watched him in action this season.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been intrigued by his scoring record this year, though can't say i've watched him too closely anytime recently. I can't remember him pulling up too many trees last season in League Two either.

Hes either found his level or just having a very good season, I suspect, but still worth looking at considering our budget.

Not tall, stands at 5 foot 7, so he's not going offer a physical presence, and we've already got Ward to step back in. With Robinson as backup, as well as Tyson (for now, although I feel he may be going in January) and Bennett, I think we're alright for now.

No improvement on what we've got, and not particularly young either

Archived