DCFC Book in progress - Share your stories.

MuespachRam

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I get my picture on the book if I share a story ? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

can't see that being a problem..

http://www.osirisguitar.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/muppet-animal

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Interesting view if the Derby Forest relationship.

Back in 86 when my old man left the RAF we moved to Kirk Hallam and Dad promised to take me and my bro to a football match.

Derby were playing away, or the match was cancelled on the day, but he had promised and after much nagging and persuasion from mum he took us to the City Ground. (Apparently they had cheap tickets for sale) and we sat in the Brian Clough Stand as is now.

I remember my dad telling me he hoped Forest got stuffed, I didn't understand why until much later.

Forest proceeded to hump the opponent, Villa I think it was. My Dad resolutely stayed sat in his seat while all around him jumped and cheered. Me and my brother waving our new Forest scarves that my old man had grudgingly bought us.

Derby hating Forest is in the blood of every Derby fan. But a fathers promise to his sons is far more important. As a proud father of a red hating son (he once told me that he liked a T-Shirt but I couldn't by it for him. When asked why he said "it's RED dad") I understand the sacrifices my father made for me that day.

Thank you dad, introducing me to football but more importantly helping me to realise that Forest are *****.

Interesting view if the Derby Forest relationship.

Back in 86 when my old man left the RAF we moved to Kirk Hallam and Dad promised to take me and my bro to a football match.

Derby were playing away, or the fans cancelled, on the day but he had promised and after much nagging and persuasion from mum he took us to the City Ground. (Apparently they had cheap tickets for sale) and we sat in the Brian Clough Stand as is now.

I remember my dad telling me he hoped Forest got stuffed, I didn't understand why until much later.

Forest proceeded to hump the opponent, Villa I think it was. My Dad resolutely stayed sat in his seat while all around him jumped and cheered. Me and my brother waving our new Forest scarves that my old man had grudgingly bought us.

Derby hating Forest is in the blood of every Derby fan. But a fathers promise to his sons is far more important. As a proud father of a red hating son (he once told me that he liked a T-Shirt but I couldn't by it for him. When asked why he said "it's RED dad") I understand the sacrifices my father made for me that day.

Thank you dad, introducing me to football but more importantly helping me to realise that Forest are *****.

Meuspach - didn't see your post about emailing if the above is the kind of thing you want take it from the post. I know it's not a long story but could be part of a section about THE East Midlands Derby

if you want some decent stories from someone who really has been there and done it then there is one man you need to speak to, i'm sure he would love to speak to you, its reg Harrison, he was in the 1946 FA cup winning team and he lives in Alvaston in Derby, he played for the Rams for years, I went round his house once for a cup of tea and spent four hours listening to him and the great stories he had, he is getting on a bit now and it would be great for him to have an outlet to contribute to,

Thanks everyone for your kind comments so far, i will get back to you all individually, i promise.

Some great ideas and the makings of a great book!

I love the forest story, exactly what we were thinking of, i was welling up reading it

Please please please keep sending any ideas in, the details are going to be the important element, i really want this to have a "community" feel to it, with the community being largely based on this forum.

Cheers.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments so far, i will get back to you all individually, i promise.

Some great ideas and the makings of a great book!

I love the forest story, exactly what we were thinking of, i was welling up reading it

Please please please keep sending any ideas in, the details are going to be the important element, i really want this to have a "community" feel to it, with the community being largely based on this forum.

Cheers.

Cheers Meuspach - ill have a chat with my old man for any if his old timers stories or stories of my Grandad.

Can I get my picture on the book if I share a story ? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

a picture? I'd hope you'll all get royalties, after all, it;s you lot who's writing it! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I'm charging for my away match story at Birmingham where I met Karen Brady and her best mate. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

a picture? I'd hope you'll all get royalties, after all, it;s you lot who's writing it! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I'm charging for my away match story at Birmingham where I met Karen Brady and her best mate. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Did you invite her back to your man cave?

I would love to have some input into this, but I'm 21, I can re-count the last 10 years or so - and have some very memorable ones I can count upon.

If you want me to write something, give me some indication about which period and i'll be more than happy to give my account - however, if you're looking for more 'experienced' Derby fans to talk about what travelling around europe was like then I'm probably not your man.

As I said if you want me to get something together, just give me a shout.

Good morning all!

Thank you so much for the many kind words already i have recieved and the interesting and varied stories winging there way to me.

I will, i promise reply to each one individually, but it is a big task, so forgive me if it is not immediate. I have started replying this morning and can't wait for the repsonses.

Thanks again, we CAN do this, we CAN get this completed.

The premise of the book has always been, a book for the fans by the fans.....and for this we need everyones help.

Keep the thread alive please...and SPREAD THE WORD.

cheers

MuespachRam

Wow, what a fantastic idea Muespach - I'll get my memory into gear.

Ambitious, I don't think age has anything to do with what Muespach wants (correct me if i'm wrong), I think it's probably more the experience you've had following Derby - the emotion and the memory, we all have those, whatever age we are.

Wow, what a fantastic idea Muespach - I'll get my memory into gear.

Ambitious, I don't think age has anything to do with what Muespach wants (correct me if i'm wrong), I think it's probably more the experience you've had following Derby - the emotion and the memory, we all have those, whatever age we are.

Exactly right.

we want stories from EVERYONE, young and old, tall and small, hairy and bald..!

I have mailed you Ambitious to emphasise this.

Get your memories on a mail and send them in...the repsonse already has been completely amazing!

THANK YOU...

Exactly right.

we want stories from EVERYONE, young and old, tall and small, hairy and bald..!

I have mailed you Ambitious to emphasise this.

Get your memories on a mail and send them in...the repsonse already has been completely amazing!

THANK YOU...

How about armchair fans? So many of my Derby memories are intertwined with the incomparable sound of Sir Graham Richards.

How about armchair fans? So many of my Derby memories are intertwined with the incomparable sound of Sir Graham Richards.

Another VITAL element, send me a pm with any story you have from listenign to the great man.

thanks so much everyone, the response has been slightly over whelming.

Archived