DCFC Book in progress - Share your stories.

MuespachRam

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello again!!

Please keep the name ideas coming, once i have got a few i will post them on here and take a vote.

Also, keep the stories rolling in, at the moment i am looking for anything, short stories, or massive novels, we need them all. Please, dont delay, send them in today(i sound like a cross between bob geldof and some dodgy gold company advertising in tv)

Thanks again for everyone who has communicated with me over this.

SPREAD THE WORD an keep this thead alive please.

Cheers

Mike

Good afternoon everyone...

Today's request.....

We are currently on the look out for a decent, quirky, funny, crazy, sad, happy (whatever you like) story regarding the traditional boxing day fixture.

If any of you have anything of interest, please get in touch either via the direct mail on here or via my email if oyu have it.

thanks so much...look forward to hearing from you all.

cheers

Mike

Good afternoon everyone...

Today's request.....

We are currently on the look out for a decent, quirky, funny, crazy, sad, happy (whatever you like) story regarding the traditional boxing day fixture.

If any of you have anything of interest, please get in touch either via the direct mail on here or via my email if oyu have it.

thanks so much...look forward to hearing from you all.

cheers

Mike

Was it last year or year before we played (and beat, obviously) Leeds at home on Boxing Day? Fantastic game that.

Derby County Nazi salute photo fetches £550 at auction

[size=3]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/64634000/jpg/_64634718_salute[/size]

[size=3]Derby County travelled to Nazi Germany in 1934 to take part in four football matches[/size]

A photograph of a Derby County football team giving the Nazi salute has been bought for £550 at auction.

[size=5]The picture is part of an album of the club's 1934 tour of Germany.

An order from Hitler's officials to give the salute had been backed by British diplomats, and only goalkeeper Jack Kirby refused.

Auctioneers Bamfords, of Derby, said a telephone bidder from the local area had bought the album, one of only two it had sold in the past decade.

'Compelling image'

Auctioneer Steven Iredale said: "It is an extraordinary record of a historic time and of that moment in particular.

"The story it tells, especially with the reaction of Jack Kirby, is just fascinating.

"It is just such a compelling image but it would be wrong to judge the players by what we know now - they were probably very uncertain of what was going on and were worried about being impolite."

Derby County played four matches in four cities against German XI teams, losing three and drawing one.

In May 1938 an England football team, which included the legendary Stanley Matthews, notoriously gave the Nazi salute to a packed Olympic Stadium in Berlin.

Not the greatest day in our history 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />[/size]

Fascinating picture, you really dont need any knowledge about football to know what tht must have felt like.

Todays story request....dirty leeds stories please, anytuing at all, would be great to get a couple from back in the day when we both ruled the world, but any from modern times are also appreciated.

Thanks again

Mike have you contacted the Derby Telegraph about the book?? I'm sure they'll be willing to publish an article about it and there'll be a lot of people who read it that don't read this forum that may have great stories for you.

Mike have you contacted the Derby Telegraph about the book?? I'm sure they'll be willing to publish an article about it and there'll be a lot of people who read it that don't read this forum that may have great stories for you.

I am going to yes, i know a guy there quite well, and i am sure he would help, the one thing i really wanted though was to give the book a "community" feeling to it, and the "community" of the forum seems the perfect place.

But i will be contacting them, and thanks again for the advice/help/encouragement from everyone.

Mike

I've got that album - there's a verse about covering Leeds fans in horse **** too

Good man - that album's my only claim to fame, getting my name on the sleeve notes. I know where the Leeds horse muck story came from too, but it wasn't one of mine. Kev's currently working on a new album with a heavy metal band called 'Witch Cross'. A man of many talents, and a die-hard Rams fanatic too.

Good man - that album's my only claim to fame, getting my name on the sleeve notes. I know where the Leeds horse muck story came from too, but it wasn't one of mine. Kev's currently working on a new album with a heavy metal band called 'Witch Cross'. A man of many talents, and a die-hard Rams fanatic too.

These are exactly what we are looking for..!! Could you dm me with more details?? Cheers mike

Archived