Derby County v Cardiff City

CumbrianRam

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused. Would definitely have taken a pint before kick off, but such was our domination after the break, I felt like we'd lost as I left the ground, hearing the Cardiff fans celebrate like they'd won the league. Seeing our only winger taken off when we were a man up and had just equalised confused me, and we didn't threaten at all down that side again. I should be happy, but I'm not. And I should be happy that I'm not happy, but I'm still not. I'm just confused by the whole evening.

We have to revise what our aims are this season if we are happy with a point.

1.We are at home

2.We played agianst 10 men for 30 mins

4.We more than enough troubled them

We should have won that game.The tempo changed again when Hendrick was brought on for theo putting hughes back out wide.Taking off an attacking when your trying to win the game shows that your happy with a point.

I'm confused. Would definitely have taken a pint before kick off, but such was our domination after the break, I felt like we'd lost as I left the ground, hearing the Cardiff fans celebrate like they'd won the league. Seeing our only winger taken off when we were a man up and had just equalised confused me, and we didn't threaten at all down that side again. I should be happy, but I'm not. And I should be happy that I'm not happy, but I'm still not. I'm just confused by the whole evening.

Tomorrow morning you'll feel really happy with the performance and feel like we're onto something (at home).

Shame we have our annual battering due on Saturday and we can't look forward to the next game and hope for some momentum//confidence

As everyone else, we should of won - Happy with a point against Cardiff? they can play the ball around the back 4 but they're awful in midfield... we should of won, nothing more or less... we should of won.

Ratings.

Lego - 4 - was awful, reason to drop him for the next game mind.

Brayford - 6 - was decent.

O'Connor - 5 - looked easily beaten.

Keogh - 5 - positioning was poor, a few times they got behind our back line because of him daydreaming.

Buxton - 6 - similar to Keogh, but won more headers.

Coutts - 5 - poor balls, after poor balls - MOTM, I certainly didn't see it.

Hughes - 6 - won challenges, kept the ball moving and looked forward.

Bryson - 6 - cracking ball for the goal, thought it was Tyson in fairness, otherwise he would of got a 5 too.

Jacobs - 5 - got lucky with a few runs, end product was poor today mind.

Theo - 4 - was awful but scored.

Sammon - 7 - my MOTM, kept the ball showed good touches and put in a few players for good chances, was the reason we had so many chances IMO.

We created so many chances, but the end product was terrible.

wouldn't drink any of the beer at the ground, it's *****.

Theo was awful and Clough is lucky he scored. With the way we were constantly playing it across the park when we had ten men, not to keep Jacobs on was a very poor decision. He didn't have a great game but when we had the ball and was chasing the winner, he would have been the outlet on the left we needed.

I think I am disappointed because we never properly went for the winner. The game was there for the taking. Didn't think anyone bar Brayford played particularly well.

As everyone else, we should of won - Happy with a point against Cardiff? they can play the ball around the back 4 but they're awful in midfield... we should of won, nothing more or less... we should of won.

Ratings.

Lego - 4 - was awful, reason to drop him for the next game mind.

Brayford - 6 - was decent.

O'Connor - 5 - looked easily beaten.

Keogh - 5 - positioning was poor, a few times they got behind our back line because of him daydreaming.

Buxton - 6 - similar to Keogh, but won more headers.

Coutts - 5 - poor balls, after poor balls - MOTM, I certainly didn't see it.

Hughes - 6 - won challenges, kept the ball moving and looked forward.

Bryson - 6 - cracking ball for the goal, thought it was Tyson in fairness, otherwise he would of got a 5 too.

Jacobs - 5 - got lucky with a few runs, end product was poor today mind.

Theo - 4 - was awful but scored.

Sammon - 7 - my MOTM, kept the ball showed good touches and put in a few players for good chances, was the reason we had so many chances IMO.

We created so many chances, but the end product was terrible.

Yano what, I had a glance at you post and thought, 'wtf, load of crap we played well'. But reading it now I'm struggling to disagree. I think your opinion that Lego should be dropped after one bad game is idiotic and sounds like its out of anger rather then reason, but otherwise it's a thumbs up from me.

Fooking Disgrace these Media journalists always agianst derby

Headlines

"[url=http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/262462/report]10-man Cardiff held at Derby"

The word "Held" shows as if we were lucky.

It should say

"How did 10-man Cardiff Survive?"

I know what you're saying, but lets face the facts:

-They defended very well.

-We couldn't get our shots away.

-Theo played, and;

-We only got our goal after they went down to 10 men but still couldn't get a winner.

The headline is right 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

COULDA won

SHOULDA won

WOULDA won...if O'Connor instead of Buxton, and Tyson instead of Theo. I hate that Theo scored and now has a reason to start the next game ahead of Tyson cause he was crap.

Also, Hendrick did well when he came on. And Coutts is the laziest player i have seen in my lifetime.

If Cardiff are the benchmark, then we have absolutely nothing to fear in this league.

Tonight was so frustrating and even though we drew, it felt like a defeat because Cardiff deserved nothing from the game. We weren't brilliant but on the balance of play, we more than deserved to win.

From the first minute, they were only interested in frustrating us and nicking something on the break. Credit where it's due though, they executed this strategy almost perfectly - pressing, closing down, slowing the game down and disrupting our rhythm at every opportunity - but I guess I expected more from them. They were organised, disciplined and shrewd. But a good footballing side? Not on this evidence. Even more frustrating is that it wasn't even as though they had to work hard to score. The goal was a complete gift.

Brayford was my man of the match. Many of our attacks start from him carrying the ball out of defence and having confidence to venture into the opposing half. He gives us real impetus down the right. The cross for the equaliser was the only good thing Bryson did all night. Similarly too for Robinson and his goal. Sammon had another tough night but played his part in the goal to his credit too.

Hughes was constantly trying to make things happen but sometimes can be on a completely different wavelength to the rest. Coutts needs to show more positional discipline. Either he's a central midfielder or a winger. He needs to make his mind up. It ruins our shape and stunts our momentum at times. You'd see Brayford bombing forward and looking for a pass and his only option was all too often Theo.

Keogh and Buxton didn't handle Bellamy and Helguson at all well. Helguson was winning everything in the air and there were a few times where one of them went for a snooze and let them in for a rare opportunity. The goal and Bellamy's chance that he blazed over the bar springs to mind. And well Legdzins never seemed to recover from the goal. I think he just misjudged the flight of Hudson's header and probably expected it to go over the bar. He almost gifted them a second too when he wasn't sure whether to come and claim a long ball.

Overall, I'm disappointed. It should have been three points.

Archived