Derby County v Birmingham City

CumbrianRam

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we played fairly well, obviously there was holes in our performance but on the whole we did okay.

As for Birmingham, they would be a top, top team if they just resorted to long ball football, no defender in this league would be able to deal with Zigic in the form he was in today, they just need to implement picking up the balls he brings down somehow.

It was a brilliant game, Michael Jacobs looked brilliant first half - Connor Sammon, probably one of the worst games i've seen him have for us but he did his job - Theo by far the worst player on the pitch... midfield looked decent, and thought we definitely deserved the win.

Good game. Lots of positives.

Jacobs was good but did too much when we just needed to keep the ball as we Brum were on top at the start of the second half. Keep it simple at those times fella.

Thought Buxton put us in danger too many times. He did some tidy stuff but there were a handful of major errors.

And maybe we should forget Brayford's second season. He's back for sure!!!!!

Hughes and Bryson worked better than I thought. Not bullied at all. Maybe Hendrick can't get away with being poor.

Oh, Marlon King.... LOL. Fook off back in your box scumbag.

Been a funny old day. Bought a telly and the paralympics DVD came home minus DVD. Lost it somewhere. It cost £8.00. Still I had saved £8.02 on my shopping...Eight quid down or 2p up.

Then when the match started my mouse froze up (painful) and I could post nowt. I've fixed it now and was able to listen to the match as RD were live on 5 sports extra.

What a match eh! That's how football should be.

Might try a poem later, you never know! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Impressed with Derby today disappointed with Theo again, sad to say I wasn't impressed by Buxton I think OB is a much more impressive alternative to me, finally definitely get a better strike partner for Sammon ( Tyson Bennett and the people who know me on this forum can guess the other)

Best game at PP since the southampton play off game. Everything has already been said, however, i'm slightly concerned now. We're unbeaten in 5 at home, all against teams beginning with B (I think). We step up to the C class this tuesday and i'm not sure how we will fare.

ps. Coutts was *****.

Great game good win. Happy for Sammon Jacobs played very well.

Especially happy because I ******* hate Birmingham 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Now Franco, I'm telling your Mummy,

Remember that I am Steve Brummie,

I love the Rams mate

But Blues I don't hate.

Besides, we just beat 'em old Chummie! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Now Franco, I'm telling your Mummy,

Remember that I am Steve Brummie,

I love the Rams mate

But Blues I don't hate.

Besides, we just beat 'em old Chummie! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I know I'm extra glad, because I hate them!

I wouldn't if they didn't sign marlon king, I lost all respect for the club that day.

I thought keogh wasnt at his best.

Theo should be dropped.

Agreed. I think Tyson should be getting a start now.

Don't know what happened to us first 20 mins of the 2nd half, sat back looked nervy and were there for the taking, a decent team would've. Fair play for the 3rd goal though as it was a well worked goal and I'm chuffed that The Fish bagged a brace

Also at the start in the second half there was an 8 minute period 47-55 where both teams didn't string together more than 4 passes.. It was constant hoof and the goalkeepers had more touches than any of the outfield players..

I finally saw Legs bowl the ball out.. He rolled it to Brayford, Brayford then passed it back to Legs and then Hoooooooooooooooof... Is this the so called decent passing football people were talking about?

You're asking that question based on 8 minutes of a sloppy half, backing it up with one move...?

If you're going to challenge people with a question like that you'll need abit more than that Bris me owd. I don't buy into this Barca-esque football we play according to some, we play some good stuff in spells. Although, we do try to play the game that way, we don't come out with a game plan to hit the long ball every time.

Pleased with the dramatic win, that's what it's all about. Bit of character thats slowly building in this team.

I want the Sammon-Theo partnership to work but someone nailed it on Radio Derby on the phone in, might even have been Colin or Ed. Theo just isn't bright enough to play with Sammon, he's never anticipating a flick on (I expect a "LOL WAT WIV SAMMON HEDIN" comment now), he's never making the right runs, creating the space. They just don't seem to click. Theo missed a golden oppertunity which I don't mind so much but if he's going to be as poor as that like he is most weeks he's got to keep getting the goals to back his inclusion up. He was abit daft tonight, taking shots from the wrong places and with his weak foot, not the best night for him.

The penalty sent the game abit crazy but fair play to our lads for picking their heads up and going again. Nothing major to complain about, a good win as we have 2 tough games coming up now.

You Rams. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

I liked the timing of the Theo/Tyson change. I moaned last week how I'm sick of watching us lose a grip on the game and Nigel sticks by his starting line up.

Well I thought tonight he made that change BEFORE it went too flat and it meant we kept up a satisfactory level of performance.

Their best attacks came from Jake Buxton. It wasn't a team problem.

Good stuff.

Sammon was f*cking awful, i'll give him credit for his second goal though cos that was a good finish.

Good win, 2 poor sides, should have been far more comfortable cos they were useless.

How can you say Sammon was awful, did you go to the game ? He did the job he was brought here to do. Be a target man and contribute to goals. He did all of that today, weather it was a scuffed finish or not.

How can you say Sammon was awful, did you go to the game ? He did the job he was brought here to do. Be a target man and contribute to goals. He did all of that today, weather it was a scuffed finish or not.

I went to the game, thought Sammon was pretty crap. Welcome to the forum 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived