MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon

EastKentRam

This game is finally happening, hope not a single Wimbledon fan turns up but i expect they'll get a load of bandwagon jumpers from other clubs turning up for the occasion.

If i was a Wimbledon fan i definitely wouldnt go, i'll never go to MK if we ever play them, and i expect most of the real Wimbledon fans wont although i'd understand if some of them wanted to go.

I reckon this is the only game where i want the away fans to rip up the entire away end, they should take every last seat.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the AFC fans had made their peace when MK Dons handed back the honours and trophy replicas a few years back?

It will still be a grudge match though and no doubt the away end will be packed all wanting to stuff 'em.

Doubt it, think most of the Wimbledon fans of a certain ages will refuse to ever recognise MK Dons as a club, and rightly so. They would want the away end to be completely empty.

[url=http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1001-November-2010/5886-afc-wimbledon-cannot-face-mk-dons]http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1001-November-2010/5886-afc-wimbledon-cannot-face-mk-dons

This was written when they were potentially going to play the other year, think it sums up the thoughts of a lot of Wimbledon fans.

I read an idea on one of their forums that every Wimbledon fan should boycott and teams of other clubs should turn up in their colours, an against MK Don stand, that would be good although would obviously never happen.

I hate MK Dons more than any other club, more than Forest, Leeds and all the big clubs combined. Any MK Dons fan is pure footballing scum.

Did anyone see the Wimbledon v York game the other evening.

If the commentators didn't mention MK Cons 50 times,they didn't mention them once.

And neither team had won their game then.

This game will be on tv,

And the 3rd round will have Manure, chelsea, liverpool, arsenal, leeds & one other.

The 4th round will have all the above, + 1 from man sh1tty, spurs or newcastle

5th rnd as above etc

Don't blame the fans in Milton Keynes. A football club came their way and they decided to support them. Besides, Stadium MK is half empty all the time anyway. Plus Karl Robinson comes across as a decent bloke.

You can only blame the powers that be for turning Wimbledon into a farce. And yes, I will be supporting AFC in this tie.

I am OK with MK Dons. The problem was Merton Council who blocked every move Wimbledon FC made regarding Plough Lane and other moves.

They have a great chairman and an excellent ground in Milton Keynes. Good luck to them.

I'm ok with the MK Dons as well, I like the chairman's enthusiasm, I have more of a problem with Manchester City than I do with MK Dons to be honest.

Don't blame the fans in Milton Keynes. A football club came their way and they decided to support them. Besides, Stadium MK is half empty all the time anyway. Plus Karl Robinson comes across as a decent bloke.

You can only blame the powers that be for turning Wimbledon into a farce. And yes, I will be supporting AFC in this tie.

They had a football team, plus they had other football league sides close enough.

Winkleman is pure scum, im quite shocked reading football people showing support for him.

A man who has tried to uproot many other football clubs, before he finally did with Wimbledon, for his own satisfaction and greed. Any football fan that agree with or likes a man who does this cant have much respect for his fellow fan or the game as a whole.

A lot of people living in Milton Keynes are originally from other areas and most people bring their "teams" with them - especially those who moved in prior to the MK Dons era. Those who wanted to watch local football had the choice of watching a couple of non-league teams or venturing into Luton or Northampton.

With the arrival of MK Dons and the construction of a great stadium, came the opportunity for locals to enjoy league football on their doorstep at very competitive prices. This helps to lure armchair premier league fans as well as people who previously ventured to neighbouring teams. A lot of adults have allegiances elsewhere but the children who they brought into the world in Milton Keynes, and who were taken to football matches via competitively priced & free tickets, will grow up to be the real Milton Keynes fans - with no memory of how their club came to be.

They had a football team, plus they had other football league sides close enough.

Winkleman is pure scum, im quite shocked reading football people showing support for him.

A man who has tried to uproot many other football clubs, before he finally did with Wimbledon, for his own satisfaction and greed. Any football fan that agree with or likes a man who does this cant have much respect for his fellow fan or the game as a whole.

Like I say, what Winkleman and his type did to Wimbledon was unforgivable, I'm just making the point that it's harsh to brand everyone connected with the club as 'scum', including the supporters, manager and players.

The MK Dons chairman is a breath of fresh air in what he has done for the club. I am sure that they will prosper far better in MK than they would have done in Wimbledon where they had to exist on very low gates even in the First Division.

Archived