Crystal Palace v Derby County

Day

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, our defending for all the goals was shocking, but the third was the worst. I had to look at that though to see how poorly Keogh did in that goal. Buxton is to blame though for me, he couldn't be bothered to chase Murray and only sped up when it was far too late, then stopped again. As for Legzdins, I can only assume that he realised we were meant to have four in defence and thought he'd fill in...

"I don't think we were that far off it today".

"We've given everything".

What planet is Clough on?

Planet protect your players I reckon.

I'm sure he'll be saying the correct things to the correct individuals in the morning when they watch the tape back...

My thoughts on the game – compared to Palace we looked thoroughly pedestrian, and were outplayed in virtually all departments. In honesty I didn’t expect us to win, yet I can’t help feeling that Clough’s lethargy towards substitutions made us look far more inept then we needed to.

Going forward we offered SFA until Theo came on. Admittedly this is only the second time I’ve seen Derby this season, but on both occasions Sammon has looked way out of his depth. He doesn’t challenge for headers and more often then not trips over himself whenever he has the ball.

I’m really not sure what he’s doing to earn that starting place, because from where I’m sat his quality is lacking and his confidence looks shot. It's clear the fans are getting frustrated with him too, so I actually think benching him for a couple of games would take the pressure off and make him hungrier.

As soon as Theo and Tyson came on, we started to look like we might score – why, why do we have to wait 70-80 minutes for Clough to make the change? It was obvious for most the first half that we were hanging on – something needed to change sooner.

On the defence – yes they made a clusterfcuk of all three goals, but at the same time I’m not too angry with them. With no outlet going forward the back four were under constant pressure. IMO we were lucky we only conceded three.

On the positive side, there were some brief moments were we put together some lovely passing moves – such a shame that every time we entered the final third we fluffed our lines.

It’s also a young side, and youthful teams by their very nature are inconsistent – heads drop quickly when things go wrong. We’re clearly missing Ward badly; a dash of creativity could’ve made all the difference.

In summary, the game exposed our principle weaknesses as a team and Palace took advantage. However, with a couple of home games on the way I fully expect us to bounce back.

To be honest I'll conclude by saying we played Palace at the wrong time. if they'd lost at Peterborough last week it could have opened up doubts that we could have exploited, but they are in imperious form and we were the latest victims of this. We played teams like Wolves, Ipswich, Blackpool and Barnsley at the right time and picked up 10 out of 12 points from those games, but thie was the wrong time to play Palace. It's irritating but it's not the end of the world. If Leeds and Bristol City lose their next three or four games it'll set us up nicely for those games, so luck can always be on our side.

I have just watched the Full 90 on rams player.Sammon is the worst player i have ever seen he has a worst touch than theo

he gave the ball away every time roberts looked tired and should have come off at half time paul coutts looked lively but bad passing.

Im confused by the tactics bryson was playing a cf role and balls were put in the box to him and he had 2 6ft + defenders on him when sammon should have been there.

Hendrick looked alrite better than usual but still not enough composure.Hughes played well again.Jacobs looks very good but needs more experience at this level.but Joint Motm has to be Brayford and Keogh.

Bryson was out of Posistion and Bucko and Roberts were tired after 50 mins.

We gave them too much respect.This feeling that they are the best and thats why we lost is rubbish.we got around their box a number of times but choose the wrong option

If you have rams players please watch it to see what i mean

A great example is at 10.40 of the second half Bryson has the ball near their box and hughes and Jacobs close to him and I think he attempts to cross it he miss hits and gives it away and they break when he should have passed to either of hughes or jacobs.

Simple mistakes that cost us alot of counter attacks

roberts looked tired and should have come off at half time

I thought he was much better after half time, albeit due to not being so far up the pitch like he was in the first.

Bryson wasn't playing CF, He was playing behind Sammon in a 4-4-1-1 type formation. It didn't really work as Sammon didn't win enough of the ball and the support play from our midfield was appalling.

I thought he was much better after half time, albeit due to not being so far up the pitch like he was in the first.

Bryson wasn't playing CF, He was playing behind Sammon in a 4-4-1-1 type formation. It didn't really work as Sammon didn't win enough of the ball and the support play from our midfield was appalling.

HA ha so the role behind the striker in a 4411 isnt a centre forward.New one on me

HA ha so the role behind the striker in a 4411 isnt a centre forward.New one on me

You might call that position CF but he hardly played a CF's game, he didn't stick to that position, sometimes he made it 5 in midfield, sometimes the pairing striker. I'd call it a free role personally.

You might call that position CF but he hardly played a CF's game, he didn't stick to that position, sometimes he made it 5 in midfield, sometimes the pairing striker. I'd call it a free role personally.

Yes i understand because of his energy he goes all over the pitch but im saying if the game was on tv the commentators would say thats where he is playing before the game starts

Archived