Crystal Palace v Derby County

Day

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[*]There are no "positives to take from this game."

[*]21% possession is a joke.

[*]Two goal scoring attempts in 90 minutes.

[*]We will again finish mid-table at best, and

[*]were we to gain promotion we would probably break our own unenviable record.

{content}
Add to this the fact that we have to realise that this kind of performance is hardly likely to encourage Will Hughes to stay at the club and I am sure that for many of us "hurtful things found us" yesterday.[/indent]

Oh Nigel , You are a bugger

Our hopes get so high they doooo

When at home we look half decent

But then away we play like pooo

21 per cent possession

This it a joke is

And just two shots in 90 minutes

Takes indeed the piss

Tactics and selection questions

we wonder what you dooooo

Hurtful things are bound to find us

If you don't improooove

I can understand why Nige stuck to 4-5-1 due to the bright start in the second half and the first goal was just poor defending from a corner. Should have changed things quicker after going 2-0 down though.

Poor player performance rather than the tactics being wrong.

I fear that Sammon is'nt the player we hoped he'd be, just like Porter. He's no Stevie Howard. Really poor first touch, not challenging for the ball like a target man should, and when he did get the ball he could'nt pass to a white shirt and held on to the ball too long inviting the tackle even when he had options to pass.

Always amazed at how much ground Bryson covers, but he's stranded without the midfield backing him up and playing as a unit.

That england cap has obv gone to Zaha's head, behaved like he was already in the Premier league but was'nt that great based on yesterdays performance. Kept trying to dummy by switching legs but never worked, dived like a prima dona (how he never got booked and our lad did was just poor refereeing), then moaning at both lino and ref like a petulant super star. Think the chant "you will only get one cap" sums him up perfectly.

We really need Jamie Ward back, ASAP

Just seen the goals on FLS - Buxton leaden footed - didn't jump for the second, headed straight to their player for the first and got done like a kipper for the third.

In previous years he has just been a player who we called upon should the substitutes get injured now hes first team.Keogh has just replaced shackell but been better with Barker out we needed to get either someone with experience or buy a decent player instead he said bucko and naylor will cover yet naylors at bradford and bucko isnt coping even in some of the games we won he has given chances to there strikers as he dosent read the run of strikers very well therefore over the top balls will hurt us.Keogh is pretty quick and smart for a centre back and can only cover one side time for Gjokija to step up

I've put together a four verse limerick style effort to try and cheer us all up!

When Nigel approached Crystal Palace

He felt he'd got a poisoned chalice

The tactics weren't right,

we put up no fight

Yet I for one bear him no malice!

He'd got the Rams wrong in formation,

Ignoring some strong information,

He played 4-5-1

should have put Theo on

The fans all screamed out in frustration.

It's funny how some folk will scream

And think they'd pick a better team,

Yet given the job

They'd just sit and sob

“It's harder than I'd ever dream!”

“They're better than us down on paper,”

Says someone, a right clever japer,

“We'll play them on grass

You silly old ass!

And that is a quite different caper!”

Hope it works!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I've put together a four verse limerick style effort to try and cheer us all up!

When Nigel approached Crystal Palace

He felt he'd got a poisoned chalice

The tactics weren't right,

we put up no fight

Yet I for one bear him no malice!

He'd got the Rams wrong in formation,

Ignoring some strong information,

He played 4-5-1

should have put Theo on

The fans all screamed out in frustration.

It's funny how some folk will scream

And think they'd pick a better team,

Yet given the job

They'd just sit and sob

“It's harder than I'd ever dream!”

“They're better than us down on paper,”

Says someone, a right clever japer,

“We'll play them on grass

You silly old ass!

And that is a quite different caper!”

Hope it works!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Hey Mods... Do we need a poetry forum? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Nigel needs to hire a proper assistant manager. Someone to guide him, someone who can teach him some sort of tactical awareness, someone who's probably a better manager than him.

In October 2009, Taylor's family complained that not enough had been done to recognise his achievements, in particular his daughter, Wendy Dickinson, bemoaned Nottingham Forest having his "contribution... written out of the history".

([size=3]Wikipedia re Peter Taylor's Daughter!)[/size]

[size=3][size=6]HINT!!![/size][/size]

Just got back. Palace way too mobile on the flanks and Brayford and Roberts were hanging on. First goal set the tone, second all but killed it. Bryson must have run his boots off. We didn't look potent in reality and the result was fair.

On the plus side, nice to meet a 70s Swedish Ram and his young son, to visit the Craft Beer Company and spend time with mates. On the down side one of them keeps singing 'glad all over'. Heard it three times too many yesterday.

Archived