Celtic Beat Barca in Champions League

Curtains

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you on about? I just mentioned that starting 11 is the best in history.. I'm hardly using it as an excuse to why Barca lost tonight.. This Barca squad is easily capable of dispatching a Celtic squad which is inferior in everyway..

Or are you suggesting Celtic are better than Barca?

You have stated that to beat Barca you have to hope they has players missing. They did, but Celtic had has many first choice players missing.Therefore, you were using it as an excuse, as you did by saying the ref favoured Celtic and they had bad luck.

How anyone can say Celtic deserved to win simply on a windup.. A team parked on the edge of their own box for 90 minutes and only had 3 shots compared to the other team doing the only attacking and having 20 plus shots..

Saying those sorts of things is the same as saying people get what they deserve in life.. It's not as cut dry as that and only ****** think that way..

How anyone can suggest sitting on the edge of the 18 yard line pumping the ball and barely getting out of their own half isn't anti-football is ridiculous.. Celtic won because they were lucky nothing else.. They didn't excell in any area and they were dominated all over the pitch.. I hope they go through and draw Valenica or Malaga in the next round..

I'm glad for Commons though.. He'd never get nights like this playing for a drab midtable NPC side.. Those that said Celtic was a step-down clearly doesn't understand football..

Barca will regroup.. They're favourites for the CL and La LIga and will clinch both if they stay injury free and avoid ridiculous bad luck like tonight and Chelsea.. The most disappointing thing of all is the way in which clubs now try and copy the Inter tactics of 2010.. Parking the bus on the edge of your own box is anti-football and more and more teams are doing it to Barca and Real Madrid...

I'd like to say congratulations to Celtic..

Despite clearly being second best all night they were as clinical as they could be (2 chances 2 goals)

Luck played a massive part, once again Barca could easily have had a penalty in the first half, hit the woodwork twice and found a goalkeeper in inspired form..

These things happen.. Barca will always be the best team whoever they play, they'll always dominate chances and possession but they are beatable you just need to have the following things go for you

- A strong referee who will favour a few decisions

- A huge amount of luck regarding the woodwork

- Be absolutely clinical by taking all your chances

- Preferably score first

- Count your lucky stars when they mess about

- Hope that both Pique and Puyol don't start the game as they're the only worldclass defenders Barca have and are excellent at defending set-pieces

- Have a goalkeeper on top top form

- Give away no gifts

Celtic didn't deserve to win.. They weren't the better side, they didn't play the better football and they didn't create the better chances.. But the top lot happened and they rode their luck for the night.. Miracles can happen.

Barca need to invest in a Worldclass CB.. Missing out on Thiago Silva was huge..

Yes, they did. They scored more goals than their opposition and deserved everything they got.

What is it with Barcelona and their failure to beat our British sides.

They have failed to beat Celtic on two occasions and they failed to beat Chelsea last season.

Considering Celtic's resources that was not anti-football.

Chelsea last season was.

But in a few seasons time, it will be forgotten and the only thing people will know is that Chelsea were European Champions and the mighty Barcelona lost.

Football is a results business and you do what you do what you have to do to get a result. If that means defending deeply than you defend deeply.

Yes, they did. They scored more goals than their opposition and deserved everything they got.

What is it with Barcelona and their failure to beat our British sides.

They have failed to beat Celtic on two occasions and they failed to beat Chelsea last season.

Barca didn't have any problems destroying Arsenal and Man Utd twice.. Celtic and Chelsea got lucky, nothing else.. Di Matteo admits Chelsea were lucky to beat Shaktah tonight.. Yet made no comment last season.. Really strange..

Your comments regarding whoever wins deserves to is simply ridiculous.. Would you say what you get in life is deserved? If not, please explain the difference..

Barca didn't have any problems destroying Arsenal and Man Utd twice.. Celtic and Chelsea got lucky, nothing else.. Di Matteo admits Chelsea were lucky to beat Shaktah tonight.. Yet made no comment last season.. Really strange..

Your comments regarding whoever wins deserves to is simply ridiculous.. Would you say what you get in life is deserved? If not, please explain the difference..

Barcelona played Chelsea twice last season and Barcelona failed to beat them on both occasions losing one and drawing the other.

Were they unlucky on both occasions?

They have a history of struggling against inferior opposition.

The way to play against Barcelona is to get every man behind the ball and sit as deep as you can. They will play their pretty passing game in front of your back line of 9 and eventually you will likely get that one opportunity to score that every team gets irrespective of the opposition.

Some called it "non football". Mourinho started the silly phrase "parking the bus". I call it restricting and frustrating your opponents. I don't like to watch it and I don't like teams to play it but I fully understand teams that do.

Or the fact that Celtic defended well enough to see the game out. Luck probably played some part yes. But if barca were so dominant they should have made it count. And no name calling please. That's childish.

Childish? Honestly I am starting to really dislike reading this forum. What you guys are doing, in particular sageisback has come to the point it is nothing short of cyber bullying. I mean at what point are you going to stop provoking fights with the guy? You do it for a laugh and I can't think of it as anything other than frightening that you have formed this gang. It's pathetic.

Childish? Honestly I am starting to really dislike reading this forum. What you guys are doing, in particular sageisback has come to the point it is nothing short of cyber bullying. I mean at what point are you going to stop provoking fights with the guy? You do it for a laugh and I can't think of it as anything other than frightening that you have formed this gang. It's pathetic.

I really object to this. How am I bullying? This forum is for debate. We disagree with each other. Bris made comments to justify his view that Barca are the best team and people who beat them are lucky. I disagreed by pointing out the basic flaws in his premise ie Celtic injuries and Song not being sent off.

Am I the one dismissing other peoples point of view by calling posters '******' and 'braindead' ? No, I am not. Is diagreeing with someone and pointing out why, bullying? No. Just because a large number of posters disagree with someone over the same issue and post their views, it doesn't mean it's bullying, it just means most people disagree with his view.

What gang am I in? Who is in this gang? I argue my point. I do not collude with others. I have never contacted other posters to say 'let's pick on Bris'. Like the person you are defending, you are making accusations and calling people names.

Archived