well done lads for excelent victory

B4ev6is

well today thrashed a poor blackpool side today but we showed our class and i think if we can win against barnsley we shall move near play offs, but more importantley we shall move closer to the top three and i still think by christmas we shall be top, i think maybe this our season to go up, i know many of you will be saying were not good enough but i think we are. anyways theo was full of running today and made his self a nonsences and conner sammon in my eyes did not do that much, yes he held the ball up but he also cost us a goal. and john brayford had his best derby performance for a long time and got his self a good goal. will huges well what can i say about this lad, he is passing is getting bettter with every game some of pure magical i am afaird he will not be with us for long, but while he is in a derby shirt lets make the most of him. and our goal keeper made some good saves and nearly stoped the pentley that was never was one. and our subs when came on did a good job but was a bit hairy towards the end but the best of subs was young ex forest player he really did show some good compsure on the ball when he came on.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Sammon played well. I admire your optimism but the best we could do is probably play offs. But everyone played well and Blackpool were poor whether that's because they were genuinely poor or we made then look poor is another matter. But yeah we played well.

Btw b4 how often do you make these threads?

B4, man. I'd love more than anything for us to win the league. It'd be amazing! But I just can't see it! Roberts is too slow, Coutts is inconsistent, Sammon has scored 2, Theo is hit or miss, ward is injured, Hughes could be gone come January, and as long as Clough makes decisions that cost us points (imo) then we'll stay where we are. NOW...say we're top 6 come Christmas, and the board decide to open their cheque book, then maybe we'll get promoted. But as that's never going to happen, I expect promotion next season. Be it we hold on to our best, and bring in some other quality. (Though I've said this for the last 3 years).

B4, man. I'd love more than anything for us to win the league. It'd be amazing! But I just can't see it! Roberts is too slow, Coutts is inconsistent, Sammon has scored 2, Theo is hit or miss, ward is injured, Hughes could be gone come January, and as long as Clough makes decisions that cost us points (imo) then we'll stay where we are. NOW...say we're top 6 come Christmas, and the board decide to open their cheque book, then maybe we'll get promoted. But as that's never going to happen, I expect promotion next season. Be it we hold on to our best, and bring in some other quality. (Though I've said this for the last 3 years).

Their is no reason Hughes would leave in January. Players that move in the January transfer window are either; desperate for a move due to not enough playing time and happiness or contracts are up in the summer. Clubs sell to generate capital for a specific reason and clubs buy as they need a player to be implemented into a starting line up immediately. Derby County would be very un-wise to allow him to leave in January and any offer that would be made in January would be at least 25% higher in the summer not even accounting for how well he does in the second half of the season.

Anyone who thinks that Will Hughes could leave Derby in January for a PL team and go straight into a starting lineup needs to understand that the teams he would be capable of doing so are not the teams who will be bidding, not the teams he wants to move to and not the teams of which his potential will be fulfilled. I fully expect that the two teams most likely to bid for Hughes are Manchester United and Arsenal.

Just been on the online predictor. If we win all our home games, and draw all our away games, and EVERY other game in the champtionship between now and Christmas is a draw, we end up 2 points clear. So, if we have 9 weeks of stalemate, apart from our 5 home wins (not to mention being undefeated till Christmas) we could end up top of the league.

Yeah, that's going to happen.

well today thrashed a poor blackpool side today but we showed our class and i think if we can win against barnsley we shall move near play offs, but more importantley we shall move closer to the top three and i still think by christmas we shall be top, i think maybe this our season to go up, i know many of you will be saying were not good enough but i think we are. anyways theo was full of running today and made his self a nonsences and conner sammon in my eyes did not do that much, yes he held the ball up but he also cost us a goal. and john brayford had his best derby performance for a long time and got his self a good goal. will huges well what can i say about this lad, he is passing is getting bettter with every game some of pure magical i am afaird he will not be with us for long, but while he is in a derby shirt lets make the most of him. and our goal keeper made some good saves and nearly stoped the pentley that was never was one. and our subs when came on did a good job but was a bit hairy towards the end but the best of subs was young ex forest player he really did show some good compsure on the ball when he came on.

I share your optimism B4 but top? Who knows may well make it by the end of the season 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

But I am more that confident we will fill a play-off place, and that being the case, anything is possible and promotion is certainly a reality.

We progress with each game played, NC's team selections and are tactically excellent, the squad is growing in confidence and the youngsters mature with each game under their belts.

It was always going to be a long haul and the supporters who have stuck with it and shown loyal support will ultimately be the deserving benefactors of more rewarding and fruitful times.

Their is no reason Hughes would leave in January. Players that move in the January transfer window are either; desperate for a move due to not enough playing time and happiness or contracts are up in the summer. Clubs sell to generate capital for a specific reason and clubs buy as they need a player to be implemented into a starting line up immediately. Derby County would be very un-wise to allow him to leave in January and any offer that would be made in January would be at least 25% higher in the summer not even accounting for how well he does in the second half of the season.

Anyone who thinks that Will Hughes could leave Derby in January for a PL team and go straight into a starting lineup needs to understand that the teams he would be capable of doing so are not the teams who will be bidding, not the teams he wants to move to and not the teams of which his potential will be fulfilled. I fully expect that the two teams most likely to bid for Hughes are Manchester United and Arsenal.

ah, I'm not sure what you got from my post, but I made one simple suggestion that Hughes could be sold. Do I think he will? No. Do I think he wants to? No. Can it happen? Yes. And that is all I said. Chillax. Ha.

ah, I'm not sure what you got from my post, but I made one simple suggestion that Hughes could be sold. Do I think he will? No. Do I think he wants to? No. Can it happen? Yes. And that is all I said. Chillax. Ha.

You said Hughes could be gone come January. Offering no justification for you opinion. You did not present us with a thesis. I simply explained all the variables so that people can then access whether or not he will still be a Derby player come January. You used the word could to your own advantage.

Archived