What if.....

DCFCfranco

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why isnt Calum Best involved in football??? Why did Paul Dalglish not make it??? Why was Scott Gemmill so ****??? They should all be given jobs because of there second name like our Nige!!!!!

Actually the best comparison would be if Alex Ferguson retired now and they decided to appoint Duncan.

So he hasn't maintained or slightly improved our position whilst halving the wage bill then?

So he hasn't drastically reduced the average of the side then?

So he hasn't overseen an improvement in the quality and quantity of young players coming through then?

He got rid of **** players on a high wage and replaced them with **** players on an average wage. He has gone backwards in some seasons and improved in others, not really a great addition to the CV.

Yes the side is younger, but u don't get extra points for this do u?

Has he overseen the youngsters, I thought we had a youth coach to do this, but ok let's give him the credit, for bringing through these youngsters that have taken this league by storm and the ones that we have sold for millions, and why we are at it, what about the promising youngsters that haven't progressed or have gone down hill. Hendrick for example, Addison, Martin, maguire, Doyle

Replaced them with **** players? Nope. Those players managed of the highest finishes in the last ten years.

And gone backwards in your opinion, I presume was what you meant to say there.

* Hendrick has gone from the youth team to the first team, so that's a barmy suggestion,

* Doyle has gotten a bit better but not enough to warrant a starting role (though he's a striker and should be played there to judge).

* Martin got home-sick, and didn't get worse with us, we just switched formations and he was then obsolete.

* Maguire couldn't be arsed and Sheff Wed are trying to loan him out already too, if you've cared to notice that.

* Addison had the foot injury and never really recovered in time to impress, i'd have kept him but he's a dodgy CB at times and doesn't have the ball skill to play in our midfield unless we use an anchorman.

He got rid of **** players on a high wage and replaced them with **** players on an average wage.

These so called **** players.

So Bryson is ****?

So Coutts is ****?

So Fielding is ****?

So Theo is ****?

So Tyson is ****?

So Ward is ****?

So Brayford is ****?

So Roberts is ****?

So Jacobs is ****?

So Naylor is ****?

On the contrary. I would say that each and everyone has proven themselves to be a shrewd signing by an astute manager.

I'm confident that all of the above (with the exception of Roberts due to his age) could be sold on for a profit if the board decided they wanted to take Clough back to where he were when he came in and asked him to get rid and replace once more.

How any supporter can look at our playing staff and call them **** is beyond me. They are a close group of hungry players eager to improve.

They have proven they can play at this level and one or two may just be good enough to play at a higher level in the future.

I meant to say League 2 actually, wasnt taking that away from Clough.

Proves my point really, do you think any other Championship club would have approached Clough? Never, in a million years.

Of course they havent furthered themselves, because no Championship club would ever take a punt on them despite the similar/better achievements as Clough, and rightly so, they should have to prove themselves in League 1/2 before that opportunity.

Clough has had a pretty sweet deal really, name another Conference winning manager that has gone straight to a Championship side without ever managing a football league game? I cant think of one, and i expect there isnt one.

Doesn't really prove anything. He did a fantastic job at Burton and got approached by Derby. Partly to do with his name, much more to do with the fact Burton were steamrolling the league.

Re Steve Evans - surely he's now proven in League 2 after doing so well with Crawley. Why, after basically getting them promoted, is he back in League 2? Because he's a liability, gets sent off x amount of times per season and has an amateur approach. For all you say about Clough (boring etc), he isn't really any of those things. That's why we'd never go for him.

I'd say Derby have a pretty sweet deal having a manager who is content to put up with 3 years of wage cutting, bodyshopping loan players for a month at a time and having a hugely depleted squad. Not saying he's been perfect in that time, and he's made mistakes and bad signings, but given his level of experience I don't think he's done a bad job.

We've had to wait 3 years for 'Clough's team', a team that isn't at threat of being sold to balance books. It's no coincidence we're playing the best football of his tenure with that team, now. You might think it's stale, but if you do you obviously can't think back to 2009.

Better than going to Sheff Wed anmd winning 2-5?

Or is the 'Jesus was crucified' a metaphoric term of 'Barker being injured again'?

All I know is performances like Wolves game away from home you could count on one hand in the last 6 or so years.

Even if you're a really rubbish thief in Iraq.

So Bryson is ****?

So Coutts is ****?

So Fielding is ****?

So Theo is ****? Yes

So Tyson is ****? Yes

So Ward is ****?

So Brayford is ****?

So Roberts is ****? Yes

So Jacobs is ****?

So Naylor is ****? Yes

A few bad references spoilt an otherwise decent post i'm afraid....

So Bryson is ****?

So Coutts is ****?

So Fielding is ****?

So Theo is ****?

So Tyson is ****?

So Ward is ****?

So Brayford is ****?

So Roberts is ****?

So Jacobs is ****?

So Naylor is ****?

They have proven they can play at this level and one or two may just be good enough to play at a higher level in the future.

Thats the point though, this level is not good its the second tier of English football, the excitment may be high but the quality is not, and we are mid table. That means there are c30 teams better in the country than we are now, some of the players we have in our team struggle to trap a ball or pass it 5 yards.

We have some average players, but outside our first 11 a lot of poor ones, the level of quality on display on a Saturday at PP is not high, compare these players to the past Derby teams that got promotion out of this league and the difference is vast, would any off them get into these teams, Bryson maybe ? Hungry they may be, and ok at this level yes, but thats about it.

Archived