Disappointed

JE90

So following a long drive home from watching my beloved Derby County, I turn on my laptop and cannot believe what I see. To say I am disappointed is an understatement.

Not a single wrist slashing, relegation, doom and gloom thread along the lines of Clough out, board out, fans out, etc.

I was looking forward to reading at least 3 or 4 threads from fans who didn't go to the game on why we're terrible and why everything at the club is no good. But nothing, zilch, zip.

Come on Derby fans get your act together I expect a lot more!!

(For the record this is a tongue in cheek post. In my opinion we had an off day today but let's move on to the next match and shout for the lads, no moaning pleeeaaase!!)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have too many off days.

I'm fed up of looking back on the season and saying 'ok, where did it go wrong?'

Blackpool? Leeds? West Ham? Newcastle? Swansea? Oh no, we played ok against such and such who finished third.

It went wrong at Watford and Millwall and Bristol City and.... loads of off days where we haven't done enough to win the game.

We had to thank a late equaliser v B'Burn. A late winner v Ipswich who could of been 4/5 up and a convincing defeat to P'Boro. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with late winners and equalisers. I'm saying we can do more. We should want more.

Rock bottom Ipswich and low P'Boro. I know there are no easy games. But with Derby they're all hard.

If we are serious about getting close to the play offs we have got to do more away from home. Yes, P'Boro have picked up a bit. You can make an excuse for anyone. "Bolton lost to Burnley and were always going to perform against Derby". 'Backlash' as Nigel called it. But it's always us. P'Boro are not better than us. So can we beat them please.

Btw, not aimed at anyone in particular. Just really think we've wasted an opportunity to get pts this week. And I know this is how our seasons tend to turn.

I know we're a mid table side. But we don't have to be happy about it. There's suicidal and then there's aiming higher. I just want more. Not loads more. But not the same thing every year.

and everyone knows that if Theo fgs hadnt being soooooo unlucky hitting the post the game would have been vastly dfferent.. Bucko wouldn't have had to make that woeful tackle that he got sent off for o stop us going 2 behind..., and we would have gone on to win 1-2 as i predicted, and ruined my chance of a Xmas wish !

Clough and board and team out !

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Onwards and upwards

and everyone knows that if Theo fgs hadnt being soooooo unlucky hitting the post the game would have been vastly dfferent.. Bucko wouldn't have had to make that woeful tackle that he got sent off for o stop us going 2 behind..., and we would have gone on to win 1-2 as i predicted, and ruined my chance of a Xmas wish !

Clough and board and team out !

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Onwards and upwards

It wasnt unlucky, it was plain dog ****, i could have finished that chance 9 times out of 10.

So that is why you are doing whatever you do (college?) and Robinson is making a living doing what he does!!

The worlds a f*cked up place isnt it, if i was as quick as Robinson i would be making a living out of it, my first touch is better than his,

University actually, not college.

Why all the disappointment and play off talk? With one or two exceptions we rely largely on unproven young, lower league or Scottish players. An element of inconsistency is to be expected.

You mustn't let that get in the way of a good moan, though.

BORING CLOUGH OUT

Archived