Rams lucky to have Hendrick

Curtains

Couldnt agree any more!

When Hughes went off I realised how much we need him. His passing is superb!

As for Hendrick. I'd much rather see Jacobs on the left and push Hughes into the middle.

Jacobs is miles off the required standard. Also if you had a central midfield of Hughes and Bryson the opposition would go straight through our midfield and be at our back four. If Ssausagehorpe can do it clubs in our league would even easier.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacobs is miles off the required standard. Also if you had a central midfield of Hughes and Bryson the opposition would go straight through our midfield and be at our back four. If Ssausagehorpe can do it clubs in our league would even easier.

"Jacobs is miles off the required standard"? Did you not see him when he came on, on saturday. He was quality! and when he started against Ssausagehorpe he got 5 assists?

They are going through our midfield already. Hendrick is playing that poor I'd rather see Hughes in there creating chances. Even if we have to compensate for the lack of strength.

No I haven't managed a football team, and poor positional sense of team mates can't be used as an excuse for not playing the simple pass back or sideways to a teammate when the killer ball is not on.

If the optimum ball is not an option play the simple pass - like we did for the goal against forest when the ball when into midfield then back to the defense- get the opposition moving then play the killer pass when it is on.

The key thing is spotting that hey the killer ball ain't on but I've got a centre half or a full back in space ill knock it 5-10 yards to them instead quick enough to not lose possession.

My apolagies for the Manger opening line, it appers condesing reading back on it, which it's not meant to be.

Davenport, I largely agree with you, and am more than happy that he plays the simple ball 99% of the time. It's just that every now and then even the simple ball will not be on and he will lose possession.

But more importantly he is far more decisive than say Hughes. Hendrick can pick the ball up and move forward at a deceptive pace. This creates openings as he draws players in and consequently frees up space for other players. Hughes currently, not that I'm having a pop, is happy to play the simlpe ball every time.

I don't really see what you want hendrick to do with the ball Pearson. He's not pirlo he's not got the ability YET to constantly play killer passes. Like dav says play the simple pass. Our whole team plays simple passes. It's been said before, he's out of form, simple as he needs to recapture that form from last season or you could see Coutts or Hughes moved into the middle.

No more than what he is currently doing, but I disagree about being out of form. Playing well enough for me.

No more than what he is currently doing, but I disagree about being out of form. Playing well enough for me.

he is out of form. he was playing much better last season and isnt playing to that same standard whether thats because we're playing differently or theres different players around him. he was better last season than he has been playing at the start of this.

My apolagies for the Manger opening line, it appers condesing reading back on it, which it's not meant to be.

Davenport, I largely agree with you, and am more than happy that he plays the simple ball 99% of the time. It's just that every now and then even the simple ball will not be on and he will lose possession.

But more importantly he is far more decisive than say Hughes. Hendrick can pick the ball up and move forward at a deceptive pace. This creates openings as he draws players in and consequently frees up space for other players. Hughes currently, not that I'm having a pop, is happy to play the simlpe ball every time.

Comparing the two how many times does Hughes give the ball away? The simple passes he makes are perfectly weighted more times than not and a simple perfectly weighted pass to the likes of Ward, Coutts and Brayford sets them off attacking space without breaking stride.

I think Hendrick deceives himself with how fast he can move forward with the ball - I can't remember when he has managed to do it and then find a player in space - Nirmally he keeps going until he's tackled.

Dint get me wrong I rate Hebdrick but this season he's off form so far.

Yes its a big ask but why not give it a try? Hes 17 and already started about 10 games this season. Give him a chance.

If anything it may make Hendrick feel as though he has to pick up his performances.

Hughes doesn't have the physical presence to play at the centre of a four man midfield. Paired with Bryson we would get overrun. He's ok as one of three in a five man midfield, but where does that leave Coutts, who isn't a winger? We therefore look best to have Coutts and Hughes either side of Bryson and Hendrick, with two upfront, Sammon and Ward.

There doesn't really seem much point in having out and out wingers when the only two capable of heading a goal play at Centre Half!

Comparing the two how many times does Hughes give the ball away? The simple passes he makes are perfectly weighted more times than not and a simple perfectly weighted pass to the likes of Ward, Coutts and Brayford sets them off attacking space without breaking stride.

I think Hendrick deceives himself with how fast he can move forward with the ball - I can't remember when he has managed to do it and then find a player in space - Nirmally he keeps going until he's tackled.

Dint get me wrong I rate Hebdrick but this season he's off form so far.

All about opinions, so we may as well agree to disagree. Thanfully Clough is in my camp 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I hope Hendrick doesn't get too much stick. He's a young lad in his second season in the first team.

We can't afford quality and experience, we have to play lower league, Scottish or young players because they're cheap. Often they end up playing against better, more experienced players.

From what I can see Hendrick is doing his best. I think he will become a decent player in time and is worth persevering with.

Hendrick is important to the team and the squad.

Purely because we dont have anyone else in the squad who can fill that role.

We are sometimes lightweight in central midfield as it is.

So anyone who thinks bryson and hughes can play together with no one else in the middle is dilluded.

Unless we do go out and buy a Eustace or Sean derry, then hendrick is vital.

Even the top teams need a gareth barry in there!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Where do I pick up my winning ticket?

I'm on this crazy planet once, I won't be coming back as a ghost, thong or a slug so I want to make my time here the best it possibly can and a lottery win would change my life.

Don't get me wrong I love Derby but its a sport/business and there's more to life.

I'm happy Hendrick is a Derby player, if he was at another club is he a player I'd look at and say I'd love to see him at Derby? Probably not. Would I be sad if he left Derby now? Yes.

He's a decent player but he's no Will Hughes.

I said it yesterday and I'll say it today; Hendrick and O'connor are the weak links in the side.

If Hendrick hadn't been brought through the academy fans would be calling for him to be dropped or even sold. Paul Thrilwell, remember him? Offered nothing in the middle, going forward or tracking back. Got slated by the fans weekly and eventually sold him to a lower league side.

Hendrick is the same, doesn't get hold of the ball enough and when he possession just passes it side ways. never makes a crucial pass or tackle. I rather us keep Bailey next season and either sell Hendrick or loan him out.

He has Bryson and Hughes next to him, both are twice the player he'll ever be.

Archived