2012 Rivalry Census Results

FuriousFox46

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate Leeds because I was brought up into football hating Leeds.

I don't need to apologise for it either. Not for hating them or getting fired up for the games against them. I don't care whether they hate us or love us. It's not a rivalry like Forest where the banter is back and forth and constant struggles for getting one over on eachother. I hate them because I was brought up to, because they are media darlings and finally because some of the things you hear from Leeds fans is so stupid it offends me! I love beating them. I love to see them struggle. Their club feeds off hatred though. Fans and players love it. Which keeps the same cycle of players with an attitude going. That makes them easy to hate.

See?

Forest for the banter. Love putting a frown on those horrible little faces!

Stoke because they're jumped up little chip munchers!

Celtic. For soooooo many reasons. The most vile club for me. Yuk!

Forest/Leeds. *spit*

I'd agree with our top 3. But Forest are WAY out in front of the other two.

Also I've developed a certain dislike for Burton Albion. Well not them exaclty, more some of there 'supporters'. Living in Burton, and being born here, I was absolutely delighted when they won promotion to the football league but then something changed.

All the Albion fan's who I'd see down Eton Park on a Saturday (When Derby were away of course, my dad could only afford to take me too the odd Ram's home game a season) were joined at the Pirelli by a new lot, a bunch of prats who used to support Man Utd or Liverpool but now have decided than the Brewer's are worth there attention. Unsurprisingly it's these type of Albion fan's (a few of whom drink in pubs I drink in) that think that were there rival's. They say thing's like "why don't you support your local team?" and don't understand when I just laugh at them.

I imagine it's these Albion fan's that have had a say in this survey as well, placing us 2nd (!) ,which I can only assume is because of us offering Nigel a job at a bigger club, and completely forgetting about Gresley Rover's is the sort of thing they'd do. Can't they remember the Boxing day clashes between Burton and Gresley??? I guess not, because they were watching United on the telly.

So yeah, for the long time Albion fan's I wish them the best, for the others I wish them a quick and painful return to where they belong (Non-League) even if it's just to see if these fair weather fan's stick around.

That turned into a bit of a rant there.....

Forest for me, not to much about the history ( although I'm 36 and seen plenty of it in recent times) more for thier fans.

I find thier fans the worst in the country, gobby as hell when there is a hint of them doing well,

Won't say boo to a goose when things are down. I've get plenty of friends who are fans of that club and they are all top when not

talking about football. All are the same when the game is brought up.

Don't want them relegated mind, just love beating them every chance we get!!!

Leeds are my second, just for the style of footy and horrid fans.

West Ham joint third with Leicester but for different reasons.

West Ham because of the media love in and fans feelin they have a devine right to be at the top because of

their history, even though their attendance is shocking.

Leicester for the play off final(although the next day a girl asked me out and she is now my wife so not all memories are bad from that week) and the muzzy /Lennon/ speedy/ savage era of ***** who played for them.

Now danthebeast has mentioned Burton I have to say I don't like the either.

The whole 'love in' thing with Derby does my head in.

When the Burton score is announced at PP I thought I was the only person who thought 'I don't give a *****!!!'

It's football incest.

For me there seems to be some confusion here, rivalry and hating/disliking other clubs are 2 different things.

Pretty sure most of us can name a handful of clubs we dislike but that doesn't make us rivals and surely a rivalry has to work both ways? you can't class Leeds as a rival when they don't give 2 sh!ts about us.

Derby and Forest is the only rivalry, sorry Leicester but it's the truth no matter how many numb nuts you find on the internet to vote in a poll. My suggestion would be to try and work something out with Coventry.

I'd agree with our top 3. But Forest are WAY out in front of the other two.

Also I've developed a certain dislike for Burton Albion. Well not them exaclty, more some of there 'supporters'. Living in Burton, and being born here, I was absolutely delighted when they won promotion to the football league but then something changed.

All the Albion fan's who I'd see down Eton Park on a Saturday (When Derby were away of course, my dad could only afford to take me too the odd Ram's home game a season) were joined at the Pirelli by a new lot, a bunch of prats who used to support Man Utd or Liverpool but now have decided than the Brewer's are worth there attention. Unsurprisingly it's these type of Albion fan's (a few of whom drink in pubs I drink in) that think that were there rival's. They say thing's like "why don't you support your local team?" and don't understand when I just laugh at them.

I imagine it's these Albion fan's that have had a say in this survey as well, placing us 2nd (!) ,which I can only assume is because of us offering Nigel a job at a bigger club, and completely forgetting about Gresley Rover's is the sort of thing they'd do. Can't they remember the Boxing day clashes between Burton and Gresley??? I guess not, because they were watching United on the telly.

So yeah, for the long time Albion fan's I wish them the best, for the others I wish them a quick and painful return to where they belong (Non-League) even if it's just to see if these fair weather fan's stick around.

That turned into a bit of a rant there.....

Burton always had a good Rams following but there was a fair amount of manure ********* round the place. Gobby tossers who would slag Derby off if in a group.

Like you say Dan, some of these have suddenly started supporting their local club. This is particularly ironic as many Derby regulars had a soft spot for the Brewers and used to watch them if The Rams had no game or were away and couldn't go.

Are all Manure fans total arsewipes or is it just the ones I have the misfortune to know?

For me there seems to be some confusion here, rivalry and hating/disliking other clubs are 2 different things.

Pretty sure most of us can name a handful of clubs we dislike but that doesn't make us rivals and surely a rivalry has to work both ways? you can't class Leeds as a rival when they don't give 2 sh!ts about us.

Derby and Forest is the only rivalry, sorry Leicester but it's the truth no matter how many numb nuts you find on the internet to vote in a poll. My suggestion would be to try and work something out with Coventry.

Wise words Daveo.

We all have certain clubs we really dislike but its not the same as rivalry. IMO rivalry is always stronger with local connections. I've been to Tiverton Town v Taunton when on holiday and seen real bile and hatred because of the local connection.

As regards Forest, coming from the west of Derby and starting out in 1969 watching the Rams I never saw them as a rival until the late 70's. They were not on the radar during Brian Clough's tenure. The only rivalry was who might stop us winning the League, ie, Leeds, Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City or whose hooligans wanted to fight the most, (Man United, Leeds, West Ham, Tottenham, Newcastle and Chelsea, in my experience).

The first time I ever saw helicopters at a football match was at a Forest v Derby match, could have been 1977 (?), as gangs of nutters roamed the streets of Nottingham trying to kill each other. I realised that day how important the Forest-Derby rivalry was for natives of those cities.

Its the boys from Long Eaton and Ilson I feel sorry for. Jeez, it must be so vital for bragging rights there!

Aren't Leicester and Forest more traditional rivals until Derby/Forest started what some say is the Brian Clough rivalry?

Your right Daveo. Forest are our only rivals. Leeds don't give a toss. Leicester..... It's too mixed. Some Rams hate em. Some refuse to give them attention. Forest though, Forest works at some level for every Ram.

This! I'm a Gresley fan and although we may be separated by a few divisions temporarily, I can tell you that we are by far each other's biggest rivals. Whether the ones asked in this survey like to admit it or not. They have a massive over-estimation of the size of club they are due to what Clough did for them.

But I'm like the Murphy's... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Obviously can't abide Forest and anything to do with it.

Can't stand Liverpool and their bleedin sense of entitlement, there 70's humour that they automatically assume everyone loves, dole spongin, curly haired, shell suit wearing thieves....... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

Of course Manure and Stoke and the dirties, in fact I hate everyone and everything 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived