2012 Rivalry Census Results

FuriousFox46

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok.. Some of these results are going to be way off.. Alot of it will also depend on age.. Any Derby fan under 25 years old would surely place Leicester above Leeds as a rival..

Also assuming you've asked 1201 people, at 92 clubs thats's roughly only 13 fans per club.. 13 fans in a total of over 100,000+ derby fans worldwide is like 0.013% of the fanbase.. I could find you 13 muppets that think Clough is the best manager in the NPC, if there was a survey to be done the result would be 100% of Derby fans think that..

The most striking one I saw was Hull placing Leicester City second as a rival.. I doubt it, that's more like 7 Hull fans hold a grudge over Leicester City taking away their manager.. If the same survey was done in 2005 or so you'd probably find Preston North End as one of our top three rivals..

You have to feel sorry for Reading.. Aldershot, Oxford and Swindon are the only clubs close to them geographically and they hardly appeal as a rivalry.. Surely the best rivalries has to be the West Midlands clubs, with the amount of times they play eachother and what's usually at stake.. Walsall should definately look for a new lower league rival.

Ok.. Some of these results are going to be way off.. Alot of it will also depend on age.. Any Derby fan under 25 years old would surely place Leicester above Leeds as a rival..

Also assuming you've asked 1201 people, at 92 clubs thats's roughly only 13 fans per club.. 13 fans in a total of over 100,000+ derby fans worldwide is like 0.013% of the fanbase.. I could find you 13 muppets that think Clough is the best manager in the NPC, if there was a survey to be done the result would be 100% of Derby fans think that..

The most striking one I saw was Hull placing Leicester City second as a rival.. I doubt it, that's more like 7 Hull fans hold a grudge over Leicester City taking away their manager.. If the same survey was done in 2005 or so you'd probably find Preston North End as one of our top three rivals..

You have to feel sorry for Reading.. Aldershot, Oxford and Swindon are the only clubs close to them geographically and they hardly appeal as a rivalry.. Surely the best rivalries has to be the West Midlands clubs, with the amount of times they play eachother and what's usually at stake.. Walsall should definately look for a new lower league rival.

I can't force people to vote. I promoted as much as I could and 1,200 was when I had to draw a cut off because participation levels were tailing off. I did the best I could.

Again, obviously Hull will not see us as a 'rival' in a few months/years time but that's what they voted. They would have been anomalies any time I had done it.

And to answer your other question, there was only one vote between Leeds and Leicester. As there was between Coventry and Derby on Leicester's.

I can't force people to vote. I promoted as much as I could and 1,200 was when I had to draw a cut off because participation levels were tailing off. I did the best I could.

Again, obviously Hull will not see us as a 'rival' in a few months/years time but that's what they voted. They would have been anomalies any time I had done it.

And to answer your other question, there was only one vote between Leeds and Leicester. As there was between Coventry and Derby on Leicester's.

I wasn't meaning to criticise, it was a top effort and I enjoyed reading the blog.. It's just I can't take the results seriously when it's not even 0.05% of the fans let alone a standard 5% or so..

Also I don't know how much a persons rival is compared to an actual teams rival.. The 3 teams I dislike most aren't Derby rivals (Forest aside) but it's the team I'd love to see Derby thrash so I'd say them (for example Forest, West Ham and Sunderland)

Also the Leeds rivalries are stupid.. Rivals should be geographical or pitch encounters.. Not fighting in the park or any of those sort of encounters.. I bet the Millwall and Leeds staff just regard it as any other game when they play eachother but some moron fans hype it up.. How can they be rivals? Whenever have the fought for honours on the pitch like Man Utd/Arsenal or Chelsea/Liverpool.. Those I can understand but Leeds/Millwall.. How?

Dont worry Furious, at least you've gone to the effort of trying.

BY the way - I'd ask if there is any need for the term muppets. Is it not possible for that person to comment on any thread without fighting with or insulting someone?

I could find you at least 13 "muppets" who despite being Derby fans would never have a postive thing to say about their own club.. I could find you 13 muppets (they might be the same muppets by the way) who would rather complain about someone else doing some work than get up off their arses and do it themselves.

I'm 25 and I've always thought Leeds were a bigger rival than Leicester, and I doubt I'm alone...

After the play off defeat, I've never seen it any other way. I'm actually at the point now where it wouldn't pain me at all to see them do well. They're so far off my rivalry radar, I care about them so little, that if they go up, I say fair play to them. I want to hammer them when we play them, but only in the same way as every other team we play.

It would hurt me alot if Leeds get promoted this season. They're an absolutely disgusting football club.

Leeds? Didn't a former manager before most of our time have some **** there? Other than that, no sorry, just another team miles away. Right cringefest every time they come to PP, almost as embarrassing as when we pitch invaded towards Cardiff with our top boys. Never live that down either.

Leeds is massive for my Dad I might add.

I'm 25 and I've always thought Leeds were a bigger rival than Leicester, and I doubt I'm alone...

After the play off defeat, I've never seen it any other way. I'm actually at the point now where it wouldn't pain me at all to see them do well. They're so far off my rivalry radar, I care about them so little, that if they go up, I say fair play to them. I want to hammer them when we play them, but only in the same way as every other team we play.

It would hurt me alot if Leeds get promoted this season. They're an absolutely disgusting football club.

I'm 62 and I agree with you.

Personally I would put the Leeds United style of play at the top of my dislikes list, but does this make them our rivals?

I see that Burton have us as their second rivals after Chesterfield, I don't think many Burton fans actively dislike Derby County (although they used to call us "Summer County" after the margerine!)

A rival is supposed to be someone who spurs you on to do your best and if this means beating them then so be it.

I am personally not in the least surprised that Man U and Leeds head the main rival list but wonder whether for some supporters they simply think of the chant "We hate N********* F*****" and it somehow seeps into their psyche. Forest are our main rivals but if we had a championship team called Derby City would this still be the case?

Probably 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> ?

Good poll which took a lot of effort on Chris Whiting's part.

Couldn't really give a toss about Leeds or Leicester personally. Forest is the first fixture I look out for. Followed by Sheff Wed, Peterborough and anywhere else which is a good away fixture.

I'm 21 so experienced naff-all Leeds-Derby rivalry and was learning to read and write when Leicester beat us in the P/O. Both mean nothing to moi.

I think nothing of Leeds, and I am, of an age where If any generation should hate them it should be my generation.

In fact, I actually quite like them.

I have no strong feelings towards Leicester either, for me, it is all directed towards that horrible bunch of inbred freaks down the road.

(i do hate Celtic, Southampton (personal reasons) and Sheffield Wednesday a bit though)

It takes two to make a rivalry. Not sure how bothered Leeds are by us in particular. Think it's sad a club our size wants to have a rivalry with someone who doesn't hate us back.

We already have Forest, that's enough for me.

I don't want a rivalry with them, I just can't stand them

Archived