Zanzala

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure he will be given a chance of the opportunity arises. 

Not a wonderkid though, wouldn't put him ahead of fit first teamers.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a member of the academy come through and start banging goals in. When was the last time that happened? Callum Ball, cough cough

49 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

Wouldn't it be nice to have a member of the academy come through and start banging goals in. When was the last time that happened? Callum Ball, cough cough

25 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Seriously though, is it Sturridge over 20 years ago?

Marcus Tudgay

28 minutes ago, rynny said:

Marcus Tudgay

Great shout. Bad though isn't it. Hopefully that will change soon.

10 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The last prolific player through our system was probably Malcolm Christie, now that was a long time ago:huh:

He didnt come through 'the system' We bought him from nuneaton 

Wikipedia says Ball played 20+ games for us. Don't remember him appearing that often? 

I remember him starting v West Ham when they couldn't even get out their half for 20 minutes. He was causing some chaos with his strength. Other than that I can't remember anything other than B4 giving him England caps

Probably the last youth striker protege was when John Gregory plucked Izale McLeod from the youth team (when we also had a reseerve team) and dropped him in. Nearly a good shout. According to Wiki he's scored more than 150 career goals.

Nigel C tried it with Bennett and that debut at Boro where he hit the bar. If that had gone in, who knows what might have happened. Sadly it took a long time for Mason to register anything and he lost his verve and badly needs to rediscover it or he'll end up being another one that might have been.

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Wikipedia says Ball played 20+ games for us. Don't remember him appearing that often? 

I remember him starting v West Ham when they couldn't even get out their half for 20 minutes. He was causing some chaos with his strength. Other than that I can't remember anything other than B4 giving him England caps

Callium will play for England, mark my words. B4's fairly fickle though, he was off talking about Mason Bennett's legs not long after.

9 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I'm sure he will be given a chance of the opportunity arises. 

Not a wonderkid though, wouldn't put him ahead of fit first teamers.

Any chance we will see Elsnik this season?  I've heard very encouraging things. You seem to be the person to ask regarding Youth Team development!

I absolutely hate how we revere every player at the under 21s.

I think after Hughes and hendrick, there is only rawson. And tbh in 90 per cent of cases the talent appears at the age of 18 or 19 -  same age both Hughes and hendrick broke into the team, same age as Hudelstone and Barnes. 

If there is going to be a player that is going for first team this year then my money is on Rawson. He's come through under the radar, and is already a proven championship player. 

I think we add pressure on the players and expect to much of them when they are going because we like the notion of home grown players. 

We have developed some fantastic players at our academy and long may it continue. I just don't believe in adding pressure on them. 

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

was is west ham when he scored that rocket of a goal that about put the net through?

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Does Barnes count? 

big potential and a big ego. Shame really as he was quality in that promotion season. Now banging goals in the mls I believe.

Archived