lets assume play offs.....

preffered choice over 2 legs  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results not over suprising. Brighton and Hull defo doo-able. Wouldnt want to go near Boro nor Bunnly. As much as i dislike both clubs we would have more chance of getting up via PO if Boro and Bunnly were to get the auto's.

Bunnly = hoofball/ lucky. **** ground no fans.

Boro = boring/ bottlers/ great ground **** fans

On 20 March 2016 at 22:47, uttoxram75 said:

I didn't vote. It makes no difference who we play, only HOW we play.

Nobody will want us over two legs that's for sure.

I'm not convinced any of the play off contenders are any more worried about us home and away than any of the other possible opponents 

23 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not convinced any of the play off contenders are any more worried about us home and away than any of the other possible opponents 

They will be! I'm convinced we'll be flying by then. I feel quite b4ish about this.

Not being a smart alec when I say this: I refuse to think of preferred opponents because there's nothing to be gained from choosing one over the other. It can only provide motivation for other sides who feel disrespected. To me, it's a no upside - lose scenario.

Also, we technically still control our destiny. We still play the teams above us and they have plenty of fixtures between themselves to (technically) leave a small glimmer...If we are good enough.

No...technically I don't really think it's possible but stranger things have happened in the past 2.5 seasons...

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 14:17, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

If we assume we finish top 6 and i expect we wont get above 5th who would u prefer over 2 legs......

I'd go for Hull.

If we assume we finish top 6, I hope its 2nd spot. Until its mathematically impossible I still have hope.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks to me as Hull. If they play the 2 statues in the middle we will hammer them over the 2 legs.

It will then be Burnley, Boro or Brighton at Wembley.

Out of the 3 i would fear Burnley the most. Boro are big time bottlers and I wouldnt mind Brighton.

Am i being over confident????? maybe. However with Bryso back on form, Hughesy like a new signing, Chrissy M banging the goals in and JR and Incey looking the part we have a real chance.

On 20 March 2016 at 20:19, Inglorius said:

Am sure there's a Brighton fans forum somewhere 

I'm not a Brighton fan, but perhaps I am an admirer of them this season. They are a completely different squad to the side we beat comfortably in the Play Offs two seasons ago. They now have some very dangerous players & many good wide players with a lot of pace, in fact when you examine all areas of the pitch there very strong, From what I've seen of them this season on Sky, they have the best two midfielders in the Championship in Kayal & Stephens. They can really hurt teams if the opposition open up & attack them. I for one DO NOT want to meet them in the Play Offs regardless of what people have been saying on here, it's not going to be a cruise in the park like 2012/13 season, when Brighton over achieved with Ulloa. Ok Burnley have Gray & Volkes but little else that scores goals. I'd prefer a disappointed Burnley in the Play Offs, on missing out on the autos, if that happens of course, with Hull. & Sheffield Wednesday.

If Brighton continue their new found form, we could very well end up playing Burnley, apart from that draw at

the Ipro they are def our jinx team. We would need to meet them in the final though, just a one off, and we

stand a good chance.

so, Hull over 2 legs and Burnley in the final for me.

Archived