Should we have moved a few players out?

Kernow

i believe the gist of one of Murphy's Laws is that if you cannot afford things to go wrong then they certainly will, but likewise if you are covered for most eventualities, those eventualities become much less likely to occur.  i just hope we are covered in case we don't go up, because then we probably will :)  Keep the squad as it is for now with the possible exception of Roos.  BTW, if you think this is the most insane post ever, you ain't seen nothing yet.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do personally, every first team appearance he's made for us has been in midfield

Weird isn't it?  I assume he played as a CB all the way through the youth teams?  Then comes into the first team and plays midfield and takes set peices.  Certainly not a traditional CB!

I should know but does he still feature for the u21 team and when he does, where does he play?

Weird isn't it?  I assume he played as a CB all the way through the youth teams?  Then comes into the first team and plays midfield and takes set peices.  Certainly not a traditional CB!

I should know but does he still feature for the u21 team and when he does, where does he play?

I'm not sure, but it wouldn't make sense to play him in defence in the U21s and midfield for the first team. His stature doesn't really strike me as a CB in professional terms. Personally his future is in midfield. He says he's happy to play anywhere.

He tends to play in midfield for the U21's, he is not big enough to play as a centre half. I have seen him score some spectacular goals from free kicks, shame that they don't let him near them for the first team.

Bradley Johnson has done it in the Premier League I think.

Yeah but I should expect we'll be playing him in his best position further forward. I doubt he left the prem to play out of position. Hanson is more than capable and we need to keep giving the academy players opportunities.

Yeah but I should expect we'll be playing him in his best position further forward. I doubt he left the prem to play out of position. Hanson is more than capable and we need to keep giving the academy players opportunities.

I wouldn't necessarily say it was out of position. I know he's done well there but I don't think Bradley Johnsons is primarily a wide midfielder like some are saying and he is arguably playing out of position when played wide left. He's played most of his career in central midfield I believe, including a large spell in then holding midfield role for Norwich in the Prem as well as a central midfield pairing with Howson at Leeds who is hardly a bruiser. He's pretty versatile it seems and is another one you can add to your list as players who can cover Thorne.

The narrative of being a 'well run club' in a financial context has been blown out of the water now.  The losses for the year are going to be even bigger.  This is not a problem if we go up soon.  If we don't how long can it be sustained and what will that mean for the club?  If we don't make a push for the PL now however we will just be left behind.  It is a huge catch 22 situation but well played to Melvyn Morris for going for it. It a great that he is truly a Derby man too.

I'm fairly amused that Hendrick is the one that drops down the pecking order....

Agreed he does have his bad moments... But there's still plenty of improvement from him... Still fairly young...

I would be more worried if my name is Craig Bryson... No slant on a good player but between Hendrick and Bryson... Hendrick can still improve whereas Bryson you have to say is probably at his peak...

Think we've been fairly short of CBs in the u21s in recent years... Also there are plenty of player who play one positions as a youf and move into a new one when they hit senior football...

I would be more worried if my name is Craig Bryson... No slant on a good player but between Hendrick and Bryson... Hendrick can still improve whereas Bryson you have to say is probably at his peak...

We've been saying that for a couple of seasons and haven't seen a lot of evidence for it so far IMO

I worry that he's another Stephen Pearson... A guy who people said had all the requisite qualities to be a great player... had the odd game where he was unplayable... but just didn't have his head 'right'... 

I worry with Hendrick that he only does well when he has someone to talk him through everything movement...

I imagine Dawkins and one of Shotton or Christie will go out on loan. Hanson will probably drop back to the under 21's along with Ssewankambo. Maybe, Johson won't be playing in midfield but'll playing up front on the wing, in which case he replaces Russell, not that I would do that.

Archived