Pre-season

RamFan13

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this tour's still on and wasn't just a Schteve whim. I would assume that plans, once made, aren't going to be thrown in the air if and when the new man comes in.

I hope this tour's still on and wasn't just a Schteve whim. I would assume that plans, once made, aren't going to be thrown in the air if and when the new man comes in.

Any talk of a new man coming in is currently conjecture, bullshittery, wummery, rancid gossip  or in the febrile imagination of half of Derby's so called fan base (half fan base).  You of all people should really not be concerned.

p.s. There might be a few on here who will piss themselves laughing if the tour does get changed. Nice hotel view by the way.

Any talk of a new man coming in is currently conjecture, bullshittery, wummery, rancid gossip  or in the febrile imagination of half of Derby's so called fan base (half fan base).  You of all people should really not be concerned.

p.s. There might be a few on here who will piss themselves laughing if the tour does get changed. Nice hotel view by the way.

You would love it, fecking half fan

Del and I would beat you up though :p

Johnny Russell is looking forward to it. 

Johnny Russell: "Raw Feeling Will Drive Us On"

image: http://www.dcfc.co.uk/cms_images/player/johnnyrussellturnsouthstand4x3129-2161715_478x359.jpg

Johnny Russell has called on Derby County to use the raw feeling from last season to drive them on

Image by: ANDY CLARKE

PUBLISHED

05:00 23rd May 2015

by DCFC Media

Johnny Russell insists the raw feeling from the end of the 2014/15 season will drive Derby County on to come back firing when they return to pre-season training next month.

We need to assess ourselves, but I’m desperate to put it right next season. "

Johnny Russell

In the second part of an exclusive interview with Rams Player, the 25-year-old Scottish forward admitted that nobody expected the club’s season would end the way that it did.

For three quarters of the season, Derby were well in the thick of the promotion battle before two wins from their remaining 13 games saw the club slip away.

Russell conceded that two month spell towards the end of the season meant Derby had nothing to show for their hard work at the beginning of the campaign.

He told Rams Player: “None of us expected or planned our season to be finishing this early. If it was going to be early, we were hoping it would be because it was because we had been promoted automatically. 

“When that wasn’t a possibility, we never thought for a second that we wouldn’t make the play-offs. 

“That’s the most frustrating thing about the season. We know that we haven’t played well at times, but for all the hard work that we all put in at the beginning and up until the final two months of the season we have got nothing to show for it.

“The expectation of being the one to beat and being where we want to be, where this club and these fans deserve to be, makes it even harder to take. 

“We have let them and ourselves down and that’s the most frustrating, the most upsetting, part of this whole thing.”

After looking back on the 2014/15 season, discussions turned to what was to come for Russell and the squad when they return to pre-season training next month.

In a grand statement, Russell insisted that he was ‘desperate’ to right the wrongs and has backed the squad to come back flying when they regroup for pre-season.

He added: “It’s still raw. As players we always assess things and in that last game, a lot of things went wrong, but that has happened throughout the season. 

“We need to assess ourselves, but I’m desperate to put it right next season.

"We have a longer break this year and hopefully that refreshes everyone and we can come back at the end of June flying and ready to go.”

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/johnny-russell-raw-feeling-will-drive-us-on-2462279.aspx#PTfMFSh8OgO6tjCR.99

I don't believe it, for 30+ years I lived in Northampton and there wasn't a sniff of Derby playing there, then I move to Cornwall and this will be the 2nd time Derby have played at Sixfields in the few years I've gone. I was praying for a West Country tour. Oh well, back to wishing for Plymouth in the cup.

​I live in Cornwall, Kernow and Northampton is one of the few grounds in this country I haven't been to. Am interested in sharing petrol if you are.

I don't believe it, for 30+ years I lived in Northampton and there wasn't a sniff of Derby playing there, then I move to Cornwall and this will be the 2nd time Derby have played at Sixfields in the few years I've gone. I was praying for a West Country tour. Oh well, back to wishing for Plymouth in the cup.

I'm not sure if there is a more arrogant term used here than 'half fan'. 

It's a pathetic insult used by people that consider their own opinion to be more important than anyone else's. 

Embarrassing.

If you seriously think that I mean everything I post, Troy, then I can only apologise and make allowances for you in future. It's a cliche (of my own making, admittedly) designed to elicit a rise from those who are so far up their own backsides that they could clean their teeth from the South.​

I didn't expect that the rise would be coming from you - which just shows how wrong I can be at times.

If you seriously think that I mean everything I post, Troy, then I can only apologise and make allowances for you in future. It's a cliche (of my own making, admittedly) designed to elicit a rise from those who are so far up their own backsides that they could clean their teeth from the South.​

I didn't expect that the rise would be coming from you - which just shows how wrong I can be at times.

It wasn't aimed specifically at you. It's a term I hear all the time at the ground/pub/forum. You like me use things tongue in cheek a fair bit. A lot don't  though. I was called a half fan so many times for criticisms I made of NC. Got my goat a few times. 

It wasn't aimed specifically at you. It's a term I hear all the time at the ground/pub/forum. You like me use things tongue in cheek a fair bit. A lot don't  though. I was called a half fan so many times for criticisms I made of NC. Got my goat a few times. 

​I started using it about 6 months ago purely to take the rise out of one or two. At the end of the day, we're all Derby.

Archived