Johnny Russell

Ramchope

In 1972 he signed for Manchester United, but not before being paraded on the Baseball Ground pitch as a Derby County player. The Red Devils came in at the death to get his signature and cheer Forest fans up no end, as they couldn't stand the thought of their hero signing for their closest and fiercest rivals.

Read more: http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=96498#ixzz2VPgPqadk

perish the thought.. :angry:

Storey-Moore turned out to be a crock, so it finished fine for us.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine the backlash if this falls through.  :lol:

Would be a little unfair on the club on this occasion though. Offered Dundee United an acceptable amount and agreed to meet the player's contractual demands. He's only not signed now because he's on holiday. DCFC have not gone public about this deal - the leaks seem to come from Scotland. That unfortunately gives a small window of opportunity for others clubs to step in. Clearly the biggest danger is Celtic, but a PL league club might also deem c£750k as an acceptable risk, given Russell's obvious abilities. If Celtic or a PL team steal the player, it's hard to see how we could have stopped it.

GOD DAMNNN ITTT GRRRRRRRRRRRR   I HATE CELTIC :( "BMCBPnbCAAEqe_g" alt="BMCBPnbCAAEqe_g">

It's paper nonesense - I'm sure of it, I would be very surprised if he doesn't end up a Derby County player by the start of next season.

He is hero-worshiped by Celtic fans, this strikes me their fans trying to light a fire, as I said - if Russell wasn't sure then he wouldn't of agreed fee's and he wouldn't of accepted so early on into pre-season (that's what people need to remember) 

It's paper nonesense - I'm sure of it, I would be very surprised if he doesn't end up a Derby County player by the start of next season.

He is hero-worshiped by Celtic fans, this strikes me their fans trying to light a fire, as I said - if Russell wasn't sure then he wouldn't of agreed fee's and he wouldn't of accepted so early on into pre-season (that's what people need to remember) 

I dont know mate celtic can offer him more money and champions league :( 

Well, if it was me, half of me would want to sign for my boyhood club, the other half would ask why they left it so late and wasted my time talking to Derby.

I think it may still be 90% on.

My smug smile has now turned into a worried cringe 

Please don't panic,

What the point in panicking? I always say panic when there's something to panic about.

He's still coming on Monday to look around, let him come, after all, if he can cut it in our league, he's halfway to the prem.

A good striker in the top clubs in Scotland is still a risk in the prem, we've seen them come down and fail many times.

Of course we are a stepping stone, I can't pretend to think other wise about our club.

Archived