Johnny Russell

Ramchope

Honest question - no hidden agenda, what is it about Russell that excites you? I am totally ambivalent about a Scottish player whom thinks coming to a Championship club is a step up in their career

Has he come out and said it's a step up in his career? Because I'm bloody certain he's said absolutely sod all on the matter. And you're questioning his mentality, not ability. Do you think Monaco fans are questioning Falcao being any good because he considers Monaco a step up in his career?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's far from signed , Celtic will come in next few days

Got to have a bid accepted by DUFC - maybe the the loose ends being tied up last night (as reported in one of the articles) included no other talks with clubs taking place unless the medical is failed (given reports that we have already agreed terms)

Has he come out and said it's a step up in his career? Because I'm bloody certain he's said absolutely sod all on the matter. And you're questioning his mentality, not ability. Do you think Monaco fans are questioning Falcao being any good because he considers Monaco a step up in his career?

Interview on Radio Derby with Scottish Football correspondent the other night where he said Russell considered a move to Derby a progression on where he was at the moment. Russell didnt say that himself personally on the Radio, would expect a BBC correspondent not to make vacuous statements by the same token

if i felt like that , i'd find some other team to follow ..

but then again , i couldn't follow any other team than Derby ..

cos it's in my blood..

Well I do follow Barcelona..

But I'm a DCFC supporter..

Doesn't mean that I'm totally and utterly deluded in thinking they're perfect though..

Well I do follow Barcelona..

But I'm a DCFC supporter..

Doesn't mean that I'm totally and utterly deluded in thinking they're perfect though..

i don't think any of us think Derby are 'perfect' but we do seem to be heading in the right direction..

An old song from my Popside days...

"Onward Derby County,

though the way is tough,

you can do it Derby

you and Brian Clough -

What a combination

to set before the fans

Knock the goals in COUNTY -

the best team in the land"

(repeat)

Nice one eddie, never heard that one! We've gotta get it going again but with Nigel for Brian.

DERBY County have had a bid accepted for Dundee United striker Johnny Russell.

The Scottish Premier League club has confirmed that an undisclosed fee has been agreed for the 23-year-old, believed to be around £700,000.

The Tangerines released a statement on Wednesday evening, which said: “Dundee United today confirmed that an undisclosed fee had been agreed with Derby County for Johnny Russell.

“The transfer is expected to be concluded after the player has completed the necessary formalities early next week.”

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-agree-fee-Scottish-striker-Russell/story-19193621-detail/story.html#ixzz2VNgPzck2
Follow us: @DerbyshireNews on Twitter | thisisderbyshirenews on Facebook

i don't think any of us think Derby are 'perfect' but we do seem to be heading in the right direction..

I'm heading in the direction of preserving my sanity.

I can't take his 'realism' (aka completely negative anti-everything to do with Derby rants) any longer. A month of 'ignore' and I might feel better about Bris Vegas, but I don't want to read another word of his tediously predictable claptrap at the moment.

Interview on Radio Derby with Scottish Football correspondent the other night where he said Russell considered a move to Derby a progression on where he was at the moment. Russell didnt say that himself personally on the Radio, would expect a BBC correspondent not to make vacuous statements by the same token

The progression will be that SPL (apart from Celtic) are paying 1.5k per week tops while Derby can offer summat in the 6k-8k region?

Bit embarrasing this thread tbh.....even allowing for half the posts being tongue in cheek it seems like some people work themselves into a frenzy over a player they have never seen.

Going on Clough's record he'll be a good player (he gets more right than wrong imo) so I'm happy he's got one of his targets nice and early.

Down Coral's tomoz, £20 on the Rams to go up :D

Archived