Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That jim Spense fella said that Celtic have been asked to be informed of any bids ect according to the chairman

Boooo, Clough out. It's pathetic if we are going to be outbid by a team that only made the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Boooo, Clough out. It's pathetic if we are going to be outbid by a team that only made the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Embarrassing isn't it...

I honestly believe Celtic won't go in for this guy unless hooper is sold, and that could take months.

Get this deal done ASAP!

Not really anything new but a few fans view on Russell

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sports-hotline-fans-toast-celtics-1921103

CELTIC fans reckon Johnny Russell will be the ideal replacement for Gary Hooper if the Englishman heads to the Premiership this summer.

Russell is on Neil Lennon’s radar after Dundee United confirmed this week the striker will leave Tannadice.

And if Hooper does decide to try his luck in the English top flight the Hoops support believe the acquisition of Russell would ease the blow of his departure.

First up was Jim Marshall, Shotts who said: “For me Russell is the best young player in the country and would be a revelation at Celtic Park.

“Hooper has been a great player for Celtic and scored a lot of important goals but if we can sell him for £7million and get his replacement for £1m that would be terrific business.”

Ian Connolly, Dunfermline said: “If Hooper has his mind set on leaving let him go because Russell is more than capable of filling his boots.

“The Dundee United striker has all the attributes needed to go right to the top.”

James Stevenson, Dundee said: “I’m a Dundee United fan who will be gutted to lose Russell but I can assure Celtic they will be buying the best player in the SPL.

“Russell has consistently punched above his weight in a team who have been pretty mediocre for the past two seasons. With better players around him he will be a true superstar.”

However, Alex Nixon, Rothesay has some reservations. He said: “I was delighted to read Celtic are interested in signing Russell from Dundee United but I just hope he turns out better than some of our recent buys from Scottish clubs.

“Guys such as Derek Riordan, David Fernandez and Willo Flood just couldn’t handle it at Parkhead despite being stars elsewhere.”

Celtic ended the campaign with a League and Scottish Cup Double to show for their efforts plus a run to the last 16 of the Champions League but that didn’t cut the mustard with some.

If can get him, it sounds promising

I know we need more strikers/ a natural finisher and I'm glad to see Rush putting his money where his mouth is, but I was kind of hoping that Bennett could get a few starts next season- prelude to a breakout season 2014/15? He looked bright towards the end of the season when he was getting some game-time. Maybe we are through with giving the youth their chance and really want to look to bring in to push for a promotion spot, but I wouldn't mind seeing Bennett on the teamsheet from time to time - as long as Doyle doesn't see any match time after signing a new contract AGAIN. 

Anyway, I think if Russell is a possibility I really think he can help the push for playoffs. Its going to be a very competitive year next season- probably equally as tight as this season and we need some quality as well as youthful exuberance.

This may have already been posted but...

Looks like he knows where the net is. Sign the boy up quicksharp!

I think that Clough realises how unfair it is to put a large amount of expectation on Bennett to make the difference. The kid is 17 – in front of 20,000+ fans

However, put Bennett into a more experienced team that is flying and high on confidence and it would be far more beneficial for him.

I agree with Greenram. Think it will be much better to give Bennett a full season in the under 21s with 1 or 2 appearances.

Bennett hasnt really been firing on all cyclinders for the u21s so I'm not sure why people would think he will get any goals for the first team.

I'm really excited about getting this guy. Hopefully were doing the business as we speak.

B McKay

G Hooper

S Thompson

K Commons

P Heffernan

J Daly

N Jelavic

G O'Connor

D Shiels

A Stokes

S Aluko

K Miller

D Goodwille

A Rooney

C Sammon

N Blackman

K Boyd

L Jutkiewicz

MA Fortune

S McDonald

G Samaras

D Clarkson

S Fletcher

A Dorman

L Miller

Conveniently missing out Clayton Donaldson and Ricardo Vaz Te.

Conveniently missing out Clayton Donaldson and Ricardo Vaz Te.

To be fair to Albert he isn't that sort of person - he loves getting stuck into states, I expect he just missed them out by accident.

You seen Russell rolling around Dundee in a Derby top yet? or should I leave the champagne on ice for now?

To be fair to Albert he isn't that sort of person - he loves getting stuck into states, I expect he just missed them out by accident.

You seen Russell rolling around Dundee in a Derby top yet? or should I leave the champagne on ice for now?

well I've seen half a mars bar on the floor with a bit of batter on the corner so you never know....

*I know we need more strikers/ a natural finisher and I'm glad to see Rush putting his money where his mouth is*, but I was kind of hoping that Bennett could get a few starts next season- prelude to a breakout season 2014/15? He looked bright towards the end of the season when he was getting some game-time. Maybe we are through with giving the youth their chance and really want to look to bring in to push for a promotion spot, but I wouldn't mind seeing Bennett on the teamsheet from time to time - as long as Doyle doesn't see any match time after signing a new contract AGAIN. 

Anyway, I think if Russell is a possibility I really think he can help the push for playoffs. Its going to be a very competitive year next season- probably equally as tight as this season and we need some quality as well as youthful exuberance.

This may have already been posted but...

Looks like he knows where the net is. Sign the boy up quicksharp!

Not only is it not Rush's money - he isn't putting it anywhere - or hasn't so far, its just talk.

Archived