Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

isn't the 7-17 just the upper and lower bounds of your prediction? Is it possible to figure out mean goals scored?

7-17 was a silly hand waving number I plucked from the aether. It was taking his record as a whole in Scotland as the lower bounds and just the previous season as the upper bounds. About as robust as a freshly hatched turtle, but you know. The same for Russell would be 7-10 for what little that means.

As for a mean goals score, not from the data set.

Not on that one, but it was the related one I'm interested in.

I did find this from you, if it helps, but nothing else, sorry, given he didnt get 8+ goals, are you not happy :-D

Only joking, the debate has been done to death, and I need to get back to work :-)

"I don't know, if I remember correctly I think I said when he arrived that I'd be happy with 8+ goals from him with the type of player he is, and as things stand he'll probably smash that amount at least."         

I did find this from you, if it helps, but nothing else, sorry, given he didnt get 8+ goals, are you not happy :-D

Only joking, the debate has been done to death, and I need to get back to work :-)

"I don't know, if I remember correctly I think I said when he arrived that I'd be happy with 8+ goals from him with the type of player he is, and as things stand he'll probably smash that amount at least."

Here's another one (as posted as well on the last page).

We have sold an injury prone nothing striker who's entire game was about scoring. He had a sweet left boot, and he could do a job, but he couldn't hold it up and didn't work hard enough.

As for Sammon, he is a good player who can hold the ball up and bring others into play, something we had been missing for years. If he can do this job, I honestly don't care if he doesn't get to 5 goals this season as he'll create more chances for the side (note, this is different to assists) and ultimately make it a better side. If we had a player like him against Wednesday, we could have done a lot better late on.

Also, proven Championship goalscorer? You're having a laugh aren't you? Here is Davies Championship goal returns:

2008-09: 3

2009-10: 1

2010-11: 5

2011-12: 12

What a career!!! Compare this to Theo:

2008-09: 7 (League One)

2009-10: 13 (League One)

2010-11: 5

2011-12: 10

In fact, Sammon's last season playing regularly he got 15 in 23 games. Now, everyone says its a bit easier to score in Scotland, and I've previous found that players score a bit over half in the Championship to what they score in Scotland (Scott McDonald and Kris Boyd were key examples), so lets just take half as a rough guess. That means Sammon would score about 7-8 goals over 23 games, and as the Championship season is 46 games, this would go to roughly 15 goals. I'd be alright with that to be honest, its certainly better than Davies' best return at this level. Honestly though, I think he'll get somewhere between 5-10, but I feel he's general play with help the side overall, as Kuqi's did during the purple patch of 2010-11.

Anyhow, I'm sorry that you preferred Davies, but he's gone now, get over it.

...and yes, I am happy with Sammon this season. He's had his ups and downs, but he did do what he needed, he worked hard and as a whole the team scored more this season.

Why is everybody doing crappy bullshit statistics on random bullshit.

Every player is different, therefore may score more goals than others. Regardless of whether they come from Scotland or not.

because we need something to argue about while sammon's not on the pitch.

"The **** bald f*ck"

Well that's just asking for a retaliation, so I'm not giving one!

Russell...

If we do end up missing out to Celtic, does that mean we've shown some ambition to go for a player who's wanted by bigger, richer clubs? Or does it just mean we've failed again and our whole club be damned.

"The **** bald f*ck"

Well that's just asking for a retaliation, so I'm not giving one!

Russell...

If we do end up missing out to Celtic, does that mean we've shown some ambition to go for a player who's wanted by bigger, richer clubs? Or does it just mean we've failed again and our whole club be damned.

It means the club can say "see, we tried to sign people of note - it wasn't our fault we ended up with 2 blokes from the Vauxhall Conference and someone's mum"

I had a tweet earlier from a Derby fan I know in Scotland and he says we have bid £700k for Russell and the chairman is holding out for £800k . How correct this information is I do not know, but clubs always bid low first of anyway

I had a tweet earlier from a Derby fan I know in Scotland and he says we have bid £700k for Russell and the chairman is holding out for £800k . How correct this information is I do not know, but clubs always bid low first of anyway

I heard it was £750k and 6 deep fried mars bars

Archived