Johnny Russell

Ramchope

I agree that even by replying to this post I am adding to the already too long number of threads already, my purpose primarily was to provider at least a little balance to the hysteria, my main gripe being that it seems our expectations have been ground down to such an extent that we are going overboard about a player who's ability to perform in the Championship is still to be determined. 

For me at least it doesn't come across as balance.....

You question why no other club are coming in for him, how many clubs were in for Bryson at the time?

He hasn't scored any goals in the English league, well neither has Neymar.

No international call up, he's still young and how many Scotland caps did Kris Commons get whilst at Derby?

Maybe I missed the sarcasm in this one "if he's any good then a bigger club than us will come in and take him, if he's not any good he'll come to us in which case we wouldn't want him anyway" doesn't that put us in a lose lose situation then?

Balance would be hold on, he's young, moving miles away from his friends and family, he will need time to settle in so let's all calm down a bit as he may need time to settle in, the Championship is a physically tougher league to play in and there is no guarentee he will get the same amount of goals down here.

It may be a season before we see anything decent out of him. I'm going to sit here and wait to see if we sign him first and give the lad a few games before writing him off.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me at least it doesn't come across as balance.....

You question why no other club are coming in for him, how many clubs were in for Bryson at the time?

He hasn't scored any goals in the English league, well neither has Neymar.

No international call up, he's still young and how many Scotland caps did Kris Commons get whilst at Derby?

Maybe I missed the sarcasm in this one "if he's any good then a bigger club than us will come in and take him, if he's not any good he'll come to us in which case we wouldn't want him anyway" doesn't that put us in a lose lose situation then?

Balance would be hold on, he's young, moving miles away from his friends and family, he will need time to settle in so let's all calm down a bit as he may need time to settle in, the Championship is a physically tougher league to play in and there is no guarentee he will get the same amount of goals down here.

It may be a season before we see anything decent out of him. I'm going to sit here and wait to see if we sign him first and give the lad a few games before writing him off.

We'll agree to disagree. I wish you would show the same voracity challenging some of the happy clapper posters on this thread as you did challenging someone with the temerity to ascertain that Russell might not be all he seems cracked up to be then you could quote me about balance.

I thought Clough didn't like "rebels" and there's a video of Russell tattooing goodwillie on YouTube :D

i think tattooing stop been rebellious years ago. Signing someone with tats means your gonna get someone highly conformist and who is trying to pretend he isn't rather shy. and who has poor artistic taste. and likes music aimed at teenage boys.

Nige is the rebel in today's world.

We'll agree to disagree. I wish you would show the same voracity challenging some of the happy clapper posters on this thread as you did challenging someone with the temerity to ascertain that Russell might not be all he seems cracked up to be then you could quote me about balance.

tbh I only nip in and out of this thread as reposted articles and tweets from itk accounts don't interest me much, just happens that when I do I see a post of yours trying to dampen the mood.

I'm not sure why I would challenge a fellow Derby fan for being positive about a signing and the upcoming season, the last few seasons haven't given us much to be overly positive about so whilst we're all sat here on 0pts (joint top) and adding new players to the squad let's enjoy the next few months that we will go unbeaten. 

I promise you there will be plenty of time during the winter to boo Clough when concede goals and lose games. Bit of negativity there to add to the balance for you.

In my opinion you seem to enjoy playing devils advocate possibly to satisfy your ego. You also use the term "happy clappers" in a derogatory manner which I for one don't much like.

I got told off for using "wrist-slashers" on here once because it seperated everyone into two camps. Why is "happy clappers" going unpunished? :angry:

I got told off for using "wrist-slashers" on here once because it seperated everyone into two camps. Why is "happy clappers" going unpunished? :angry:

Use the term wrist slashers again and I'll give you a warning.

Bit of negativity there to add to the balance for you.

See, that didn't hurt that much did it :) Am just trying to keep my feet on the ground, have seen too many false dawns in the past to start jumping up and down about unproven players, call it negative as you will

See, that didn't hurt that much did it :) Am just trying to keep my feet on the ground, have seen too many false dawns in the past to start jumping up and down about unproven players, call it negative as you will

My mum always told me to pick my feet up when I walk, reckoned it wore out me school shoes. Not sure what I'm trying to say here, but yeah pick your feet up now and again or your shoes won't last long :)

I was always told to keep my hands out of my pockets and don't make faces as if the wind changes it will stay like that :) Some folks on here think I'm a WUM, am not intentionally if I do come across a such, wouldn't life be boring if everyone agreed with each other!

I was always told to keep my hands out of my pockets and don't make faces as if the wind changes it will stay like that :) Some folks on here think I'm a WUM, am not intentionally if I do come across a such, wouldn't life be boring if everyone agreed with each other!

no.

Thing is notts, there's some folk who never, ever post anything even vaguely bright and upbeat and it grates like flook. You seem to have a tendency to go that way, not that you're horrible to anyone, just always downbeat and even a touch sneering.

Nobody is saying Russell is the new Maradona, but he might just be the new Bob Davison - that would be enough to excite me, and loads of others - and he might be one of the missing pieces of the jigsaw that our at times classy but flaky results-wise young side are missing.

Hence everyone getting the bang horn about him signing. You must see that your brand of realism is missing the zeitgiest a bit chap?

He might be toss, even if he signs, but I'll face that when and if I have to, otherwise proper football supporting would be naff all fun, and we might as well give it up and go and buy a manu shirt.

Archived