Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annoying cnuts aren't they!

One fan on their forum says he cant understand why Russell would leave a top SPL club for a "nonentity" club like Derby.

I think he means Dundee utd who finished 6th in the SPL. I think even most Dundee United fans would recognise that Derby are a much bigger club than theirs even their ex manager says as much. Mind u there is one top SPL club I would  be worried about and that's Celtic. 

Hi folks, I'm a United fan so thought I'd put my tuppence in.

Johnny is a cracking wee player with a brilliant attitude, I really hope he signs for Derby rather than Celtic - I'm sick of them signing good young players just to warm their bench.

He is a big Celtic fan though so wouldn't be surprised if he does snub you for them IF they come calling with an offer.

Arabest!

Johnny is a cracking wee player with a brilliant attitude, I really hope he signs for Derby rather than Celtic - I'm sick of them signing good young players just to warm their bench.

He is a big Celtic fan though so wouldn't be surprised if he does snub you for them IF they come calling with an offer.

Arabest!

As I have said before. One thing we can provide him with that Celtic (with no disrespect to the SPL) can't is competitive games each week in numerous decent venues and the possibility of Premier league football next season. 

As I have said before. One thing we can provide him with that Celtic (with no disrespect to the SPL) can't is competitive games each week in numerous decent venues and the possibility of Premier league football next season.

It did not end well the last time you said that!, or, on reflection, maybe it did

As I have said before. One thing we can provide him with that Celtic (with no disrespect to the SPL) can't is competitive games each week in numerous decent venues and the possibility of Premier league football next season. 

Aye true, but don't under-estimate the pulling power of Celtic to a lad from Coatbridge.  I think Johnny is level-headed enough to put his head before his heart though, I certainly hope he is!

Arabest!

Hello to you too. The first part of your note is very nice to know. As you may have noticed, we have a number of "experts" on here who can tell how good a player is without even having seen him play. How do they do that? :)

Don't like your last para though...

I think Moor Farm will be vital. Lets face it, no one minus Celtic in the SPL have decent facilities.

Hopefully Johnny is impressed and wants to get the deal sorted as fast as United do. Lets face it, pre season starts less than a month and the lad will want to know where he's playing his football ASAP considering he's definitely moving.

All this hype reminds me of a time we signed a certain Mr Sammon.

If Russell signs and doesn't score in his first 2 games then he will be booed and labelled our worst player ever.

Sammon hype? have I missed the sarcasm here before I continue to tell you that you're wrong?

All this hype reminds me of a time we signed a certain Mr Sammon.

If Russell signs and doesn't score in his first 2 games then he will be booed and labelled our worst player ever.

There was much hype at all. Sammon hadn't scored that season and had 1 in the year before. I can remember a lot of negativity for paying that amount. Plus Sammon didn't have all this YouTube attention considering he barely scored

Archived