Johnny Russell

Ramchope

@OwenBradley: Despite reports this morning, I'm told Celtic haven't been in touch with Dundee United regarding Rams target Johnny Russell. #dcfcfans

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjj! It's like final day, and you've just heard your rivals are losing!

Eieieio!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he will sign for celtic next week

Valley, you're someone I trust on here. I've only ever seen you post stuff related to Bryson and Scotland in general.

Are you sure about that post cos if you are then I'm going to book a holiday from the forum for a while.

This deal will come down to who the player trusts, in terms of advice. 

I would imagine Celtic would have to pay more than us, if they wanted a bid accepted from Dundee. Surely Dundee would rather he went down south, than lined up against them next season. 

On a money level, Celtic is the obvious choice, so if his agent has his ear, then Celtic it is. 

On a footballing level, it's a no brainer. He's a young player who from all reports, has the potential to grow into a great Scottish player, and ultimately a legend in the National team. He isn't going to grow like that in Glasgow. 

Sure, he'll have a hand full of CL games, but ultimately he'll be playing every single week against players that are far worse than himself. That won't assist in his growth. 

If he is listening to footballers/football minded/people with his best interests he'll come to Derby. Play in the Championship, (hopefully one day) Premier League and become a better player. 

Then he can go up to Celtic when he's 29/30 and win trophies for a few years. 

That's what I'd do anyway. 

PANIC TIME !!! 

Celtic made official contact with Dundee Utd over Johnny Russell last night and are expected to make an £800,000 bid this afternoon.

PANIC TIME !!! 

Celtic made official contact with Dundee Utd over Johnny Russell last night and are expected to make an £800,000 bid this afternoon.

Ohh no, an account with 300+ followers said what was in that Scottish paper.

Exactly, Scottish football is not the place to spend your peak years. Champions League (and most years they wont get past the quali rounds) is only a handful games of the season, however exciting.

Has that BBC Jim Spence said anything about Celtic's involvement yet?

Celtic NOT about to bid for Johnny Russell

Clyde sport understands Celtic are NOT preparing a bid for Dundee United striker Johnny Russell

Clyde sport understands Celtic are NOT preparing a bid for Dundee United striker Johnny Russell

There we go.

What happened to the good old days where a manager would fly out to wherever the player was on holiday, track him down to whatever beach he was lounging around on, get him to sign on the back of a fag packet and they'd both have cocktails?

That was the way to conclude a transfer.

Archived