FIFA 13

Scott129

I play on PS3. Username is rhuley23 if anyone fancies a game on the current version or when the new game is released.

I'm surprised Tottenham aren't in the current demo since White Hart Lane is being added to the stadium list. They introduced Eastlands as a new addition in the demo last year. I thought they'd do the same here.

From those who have played the xbox demo, what changes have you noticed so far?

Has anyone played the PES demo? What do you think?

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The actual gameplay isn't much different in my opinion. Still the same tackling system. There are a few new little things though:

First touches are now varied - not always good!

When commiting to a "B" or "O" tackle you're player reacts much quicker than before, when I commit on 11 and I misjudge thats literally the player out of the move.. players seem to recover better.

The stupid clashes that normally end in falling on the floor seem to be fewer (had 1 so far) but more are penalised for body checks now which is good, as the amount of freekicks I should of had on 11 is uncountable!

Attacking play is much better, better runs etc.

Thats all i've noticed so far, i'm sure theres loads more. I've only played a handful of games so don't take everything I've said for granted.

Looks ok though. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The actual gameplay isn't much different in my opinion. Still the same tackling system. There are a few new little things though:

First touches are now varied - not always good!

When commiting to a "B" or "O" tackle you're player reacts much quicker than before, when I commit on 11 and I misjudge thats literally the player out of the move.. players seem to recover better.

The stupid clashes that normally end in falling on the floor seem to be fewer (had 1 so far) but more are penalised for body checks now which is good, as the amount of freekicks I should of had on 11 is uncountable!

Attacking play is much better, better runs etc.

Thats all i've noticed so far, i'm sure theres loads more. I've only played a handful of games so don't take everything I've said for granted.

Looks ok though. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I know what you mean with that collision system they introduced. It has really made defending in your penalty box a real pain.

The demo still isn't out for the PS3 so I had a whirl on the latest Pro Evo demo which I downloaded last week. And to be honest, I quite like it. The only real frustration is the shooting dynamics. You have to be ever so delicate.

It's just different from FIFA where you can pick up and play and score a 30-yard screamer with your first shot on goal. There's always been a sense of having to work harder or more carefully to score a goal on Pro Evo and the tempo of the game does invite passing, possession football that's for sure.

The margins are quite fine in most respects though between the two games though. They are both very playable. If they weren't £40 each, I'd buy both. But the depth of playable teams and the fact that they are all authentically licensed just ensures I'd buy FIFA every year.

Even though I might not take it up all the time, just having the option of playing as Derby and tidying up Nigel's mess in manager mode really does sway it and I think that's where FIFA trumps Pro Evo is that it has universal appeal from a Bournemouth fan to a Bayern fan whereas Pro Evo has a more niche feel to the game.

I know what you mean with that collision system they introduced. It has really made defending in your penalty box a real pain.

The demo still isn't out for the PS3 so I had a whirl on the latest Pro Evo demo which I downloaded last week. And to be honest, I quite like it. The only real frustration is the shooting dynamics. You have to be ever so delicate.

It's just different from FIFA where you can pick up and play and score a 30-yard screamer with your first shot on goal. There's always been a sense of having to work harder or more carefully to score a goal on Pro Evo and the tempo of the game does invite passing, possession football that's for sure.

When you play the demo you will realise straight away how different it feels. You cant score screamers as frequantly and i have yet to score a finness shot from outside of the 18 yard box, i have also found its alot harder to score headers.

Played a few games on the Xbox yesterday, the AI subs are predictable as ever. Play against Man City and I guarantee Michael Johnson will come on for Milner (unless the ball doesn't go out of play in the 2nd half)

Other than that seems alright with the few subtle changes. Will download on PS3 today and give it a proper whirl.

Quite like the mini games too.

Good game. No major changes.

I had a moment where the AI did a pass back to the keeper which he couldn't control and a nicked it off him to score a goal. That was good.

It's easier to tackle but harder to time right.

I'm struggling winning headers. Last year I used the long ball/crossing button to clear away with headers as it was much more reliable than shoot/pass headers. Not worked for me so far.

Hope to see guaranteed goals with finesse shots outside the area gone online. Sick of Lewandowski and Cavani always scoring last year. Every time, 20 yards out. Just left of the "D".

Tried F1 2012 too. I'm crap. It too bloody sensitive!!

I agree with most of that, think it is a little easier to score than FIFA12 but like I said Ive only played two games, AI seems to have improved with some silky skills but then again maybe they will become predictable like FIFA12, time will tell.

Those guaranteed goals you talk about are the only reason I didnt lose EVERY game online on FIFA12

Oh man, those goals kill me. I don't even mind the dirty pull back across goal tap in. I don't get many scored against me. Quite good at defending flanks. it's the finesse shots!

What's with the commentators "This lad told me that this player isn't happy with the club at the moment and is considering leaving"

Weird.

Oh man, those goals kill me. I don't even mind the dirty pull back across goal tap in. I don't get many scored against me. Quite good at defending flanks. it's the finesse shots!

What's with the commentators "This lad told me that this player isn't happy with the club at the moment and is considering leaving"

Weird.

I had music on so didnt hear commentators, tell me they have replaced Andy Townsend!!!

someone from EA said on twitter the chuzz website is the test data for ultimate team 13, and they said it is reliable but still a chance it could change before the full game comes out, so what they have...

Fielding 71

Legzdins 65

Deeney 58

Barker 73

brayford 71

keogh 70

O Brien 67

Roberts 67

O Connor 66

Buxton 65

Naylor 60

Freeman 58

Hoganson ??

Lelan ??

Glokaj ??

Bryson 70

Bailey 67

Hendrick 67

Coutts 66

Hughes ??

Ward 72

Tyson 67

Davies 67

Jacobs 63

sammon 70

theo 65

bennett 62

Doyle 57

Cant really complain with that, I just hope they dont drop the ball with Hughes

One thing I do like is when you win a freekick your players quickly go get the ball and put it on the spot of the foul, can crack on straight away. Much more realistic compared to previous ways where by the time you get the freekick everyone is back in position!

PS and Xbox Daveo?! Greedy man. Xbox live player?

Archived