Everything is sponsored

davenportram

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumour has it the club is even trying to sponsor me with a battery company, never I say, won't sell my soul like that to a corporate name.

Weren't we the first club to try to get a shirt sponsor? And didn't one stand at the BBG have massive great sponsor on it too even in the 30s? It's not anything new, just the nature of it is different now. Not sure I like it but it's not a revolution.

If Pride Park was built today it would be sponsored for sure. I don't see the problem in re-branding the stadium, its already covered in sponsors, what difference would it make if the name was changed? When I think of Pride Park I think massive out of town commercial estate, not home of football.

Are people forgetting that the name Pride Park wasn't named so, to mean the literal meaning of pride. It was originally P.R.I.D.E Park and eventually evolved to Pride. I can't remember the exact words but it was something like - Project Regenerating Industrial Derelict E(?). Each letter in 'pride' stood for something which fit the development of the site. Can the older members on here remember the exact wording? I'm sure there was a vote in the DET to name the area. I was only a youngster back in 97 so can only remember small bits. I'm pretty sure that my parents will remember so I'll ask them when I see them next.

Rumour has it the club is even trying to sponsor me with a battery company, never I say, won't sell my soul like that to a corporate name.

Weren't we the first club to try to get a shirt sponsor? And didn't one stand at the BBG have massive great sponsor on it too even in the 30s? It's not anything new, just the nature of it is different now. Not sure I like it but it's not a revolution.

I work for a battery company and would be very interested in you rebranding yourself 'The Multicell Bunny' 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Subs

Added time

Scores on the concourse screen

Even saw some signs that looked like sponsorship on the dugouts

Front of shirts

Back of shirt

Shorts

Ticket office

Preseason

Stands

Outside of ground

Bars